Nordland

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Freikorps, Reichswehr, Austrian Bundesheer, Heer, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Fallschirmjäger and the other Luftwaffe ground forces. Hosted by Christoph Awender.
Jan-Hendrik

Post by Jan-Hendrik » 19 Nov 2007, 20:26

Gubanizy is between Klopizy and Wolossowo :wink:

Jan-Hendrik

Waffen211

Book Nordland

Post by Waffen211 » 19 Nov 2007, 23:38

There is another book in italian language (unfortunately) written by Massimiliano (for info: http://www.marvia.it), about Nordland division, with the complet history of division.

Waffen211
Attachments
Nordland.jpg
Nordland.jpg (43.62 KiB) Viewed 1791 times

Georg_S
Forum Staff

Post by Georg_S » 20 Nov 2007, 08:50

Marcus Wendel wrote:Image
This well known photo of a blown-up armored car in Berlin was actually one of the Schwedish Kompanie's vehicles in the Nordland Division. It could have been company commander Pehrssons command vehicle that was shot up on the Friedrichstrasse just south of the Hitler Chancellery on the 1st of May, 1945. The fallen Unterscharführern to the right of the armored car is in that case identical with the driver in the car, Ragnar Johansson from Stockholm, that was killed by a Russian handgrenade. It's most likely that the armored car had participtaed in the attempt to break out of the city on the night to the 2nd of May. The picture was taken by the Russian reporter Mark Redkin. At a picture reconstructuion, at place in Berlin, the researcher Lennart Westberg positioned the place for the photo to be Friedrichstrasse 107 with the walls of the guardhouse in the backround, 200m north of the river Spree.
http://www.feldgrau.com/sweden.html
More info on Swedish volunteers - http://www.skalman.nu/third-reich/ss-sweden.htm

/Marcus
Many have written about this halftrack, that it was SS-Hstuf Hans Gösta Pehrsons commandingpz. That includes me as well. But we have gotten the info from reliable sources, but now I have found another version about this Pz. which sounds very reliable. The Pz was SS-Ustuf Schwarcks Pz. the cloting hanging on the pz is from Schwarcks own testimony his clothes from his "Offizierkiste" in a other photo of this PZ from behind there is a dead woman in the open doors, which according to Schwarck one of the SS-Pz.A.A.11´s officers girlfriend/wife.

So if we believe Schwarck (which I have posted a photo on (a couple of years ago) the PZ belongd to the 5 Kp of the SS-Pz.A.A.11 and not the 3 Kp as many have believed all this years, Schwarck also said that the dead SS-Uscha is NOT Ragnar Johansson, the man is a dead Dane, which you can clearly see on the photo mentioned above.

Best regards,

Georg

bakof

Post by bakof » 20 Nov 2007, 11:10

I have seen the photo with the dead woman in the open door in a book. As far as I remember, the photo text claims however that the dead woman is a Norwegian nurse?

I am at work at the moment, but I will look it up later.

b.r.
bakof

bakof

Post by bakof » 11 Dec 2007, 20:23

Hi.

At last I have found the photo, but I am sorry, I didn't remember right! The photo text claims that it is a "nordic nurse".

Source is a danish book: "Østfronten - danskere i krig" (Eastern front - danes at war) by Leif Davidsen and Karsten Lindhardt.

b.g.
bakof
Attachments
Sygeplejerske.jpg
Sygeplejerske.jpg (110.1 KiB) Viewed 1565 times

Return to “Heer, Waffen-SS & Fallschirmjäger”