Waffen-SS interesting photos

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Freikorps, Reichswehr, Austrian Bundesheer, Heer, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Fallschirmjäger and the other Luftwaffe ground forces. Hosted by Christoph Awender.
Guerau

Post by Guerau » 06 Feb 2008, 15:41

This is a picture from the SIGNAL MAGAZINE, I have the real magazine in paper and I scaned this picture for you.
we hope that you like it.

dgfred

Post by dgfred » 06 Feb 2008, 18:08

Very nice! Keep 'em coming 8-) .

WolfgangKessler

Post by WolfgangKessler » 06 Feb 2008, 18:36

Brilliant high res pic. Thanks.

bzy16257

Re: Waffen-SS interesting photos

Post by bzy16257 » 27 May 2008, 07:21

no caption photo. who ?

source: Agfa original foto paper

FRANCY RITTER

Post by FRANCY RITTER » 27 May 2008, 14:44

Hello dear friends!! :)
Waffen SS troops few days before of the Zitadelle operation .
Ebay exp.auction
Attachments
WAFFEN SS CAMO KURSK.jpg
WAFFEN SS CAMO KURSK.jpg (60.41 KiB) Viewed 5430 times

Christoph Awender
Forum Staff

Post by Christoph Awender » 27 May 2008, 14:48

Hmmm.. bad feeling about the originality of the las photo.

\Christoph

FRANCY RITTER

Post by FRANCY RITTER » 27 May 2008, 16:33

Christoph Awender wrote:Hmmm.. bad feeling about the originality of the las photo.

\Christoph
Agreed with you Christoph , looks like more to reenactment unit ...

Francesco :)

Charles Trang

Post by Charles Trang » 28 May 2008, 12:27

The last one is not a reenactement photo but comes from a very well known series showing Wiking Division in the Kowel area in March or April 1944 (shot by SS-Kriegsberichter Slapak if my memory does not betray me). So, the caption relative to Kursk is also wrong.

FRANCY RITTER

Post by FRANCY RITTER » 28 May 2008, 16:08

Charles Trang wrote:The last one is not a reenactement photo but comes from a very well known series showing Wiking Division in the Kowel area in March or April 1944 (shot by SS-Kriegsberichter Slapak if my memory does not betray me). So, the caption relative to Kursk is also wrong.
Thank you Charles for you reponse , :wink:

Marc Rikmenspoel

Post by Marc Rikmenspoel » 28 May 2008, 19:53

I agree with Charles, those are Pioniere of SS-PPA 5 in the spring of 1944 after the relief of Kovel. There's well known photos from the same set, in the same area, that show Johannes Mühlenkamp and Hans Flügel in the Befehlspanthers such II01 and R02, along with an ancient Befehlspanzer I with a prominent 4. Panzer Division insignia on the frontplate. Ustuf. Walter Slapak commanded the Kriegsberichter platoon of Wiking at this time, and he took many of the Kovel-area photos of the unit, especially the Panzers, but a guy named Kraus also shot Panzer photos, and a guy named Kurbjuhn (a young guy, not the officer by that name) was shooting Panzer photos by the summer. I'm unsure of when he arrived at Wiking. The well-known Alois Jarolim, after serving alongside the Narwa Bataillon through the Cherkassy breakout, was following Herbert Otto Gille around during the spring and summer of 1944.

bzy16257

Post by bzy16257 » 04 Jun 2008, 05:29

Waffen-SS or Luftwaffe-felddiv ?
Are they members of SS-Fallschirmjäger Bat, 500/600 ?

Caption : spring 1945, in Hungary

Max Williams

Post by Max Williams » 04 Jun 2008, 12:24

Francy Ritter,
You seem to have forgotten this discussion only 1 month ago:
Michael Miller wrote:Dear Francy~

Although I believe your intentions are good, I'm going to delete the photos at this time. Max raises a very good point, and I think we need to introduce that line of thinking- re: expired auction photos- into the image posting guidelines of the forum.

Best wishes,
~ Mike
Max Williams wrote:
FRANCY RITTER wrote:You have rigth Max ... but I do not remeber just all the ebay's sources and the buyers .. :(
Yes I know Is not a good thing , but is only for historic interest.. I swear it !! :)
Francy,
I have no doubt you are acting in good faith, but just put yourself in the shoes of the successful buyer. He/she may have spent a large sum of money to own the photograph, only to find several days later that it is plastered all over an internet forum for ever and a day. It is different when the auction is "live" because the then owner has chosen to illustrate his item for a limited time, but the new owner expects the image to disappear when the auction expires. Now I am not naive to think that people do not lift images from auction sites, but I think it is only common courtesy to consult the new owner before independently posting an image elsewhere for whatever reason. I also believe that if an AHF member lifts an image from eBay or any other internet auction site, intending to use it other than for personal use after the auction, then he/she should have bid on it in the first place. In the past, I myself have posted ex-eBay images (with correct credit), but I have now had time to reflect on this practice and I believe it is morally wrong to do so without permission of the owner. Just my opinion.
Regards,
Max.
FRANCY RITTER wrote:Is not a problem dear Micheal ... and is all abslolutely right your comment dear Max . :)
Best rergards and sorry Francesco .... :wink:

The expired eBay photo that Francy Ritter posted yesterday showing Demelhuber is my photo. I won it and paid a lot of money for it some months ago. I did not give anyone permission to use it on this forum and consequently requested that it be removed.
PLEASE REMEMBER THAT ALL EXPIRED AUCTION PHOTOS ARE THE PROPERTY OF THE WINNING BIDDER WHO PAID FOR IT. OUT OF COURTESY IF NOTHING ELSE, YOU SHOULD ASK PERMISSION FROM THE WINNING BIDDER TO USE IT. IF YOU CAN'T REMEMBER WHO WON IT, THEN DON'T USE IT.
Max.

FRANCY RITTER

Post by FRANCY RITTER » 05 Jun 2008, 06:16

[quote="Max Williams"]Francy Ritter,
You seem to have forgotten this discussion only 1 month ago:

[quote="Michael Miller"]Dear Francy~

Max I have not forgotten and I am much sorry but I did not know that it was yours photo
Sorry again ...Francesco :(

Ian Hulley

Post by Ian Hulley » 05 Jun 2008, 14:15

bzy16257 wrote: Waffen-SS or Luftwaffe-felddiv ?
The guy in detail appears to have the Transport Clasp in Bronze, probably transferred to the Waffen-SS when his squadron was disbanded .... quite common to see ... though not the clasp still being worn.

Nice shot BTW.

Ian.

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Post by Ivan Ž. » 21 Jun 2008, 14:52

bzy16257 wrote:no caption photo. who ?
source: Agfa original foto paper
Hello, bzy16257, excellent photo.
It was taken very likely in Albania (civilians are wearing white Albanian hats), probably in 1944.
SS-Stubaf. on the left, from "Prinz Eugen" division, is most probably Wilhelm Breimaier (99 %).
Don't know who is the SS-Hstuf. in the middle, he seems to be wearing a blank collar patch...

Cheers,
Ivan

Return to “Heer, Waffen-SS & Fallschirmjäger”