Radomir Arsenijević: who was this man?

Discussions on the foreigners (volunteers as well as conscripts) fighting in the German Wehrmacht, those collaborating with the Axis and other period Far Right organizations. Hosted by George Lepre.
Carnaro

Radomir Arsenijević: who was this man?

Post by Carnaro » 21 Nov 2011, 18:02

Hello
I'm looking for info about Radomir (or Dragomir) Arsenijević, that in august 1941 was a direct collaborator of the Chethnik commander Kosta Pećanac - Serbia.
According to a source (Borković, p. 180 - KONTRAREVOLUCIJA U SRBIJI), in august 1941 he was the Chief of Staff of Pećanac).
Instead according to another source (Kozić, ČETNICI KOSTE PEĆANCA U DRUGOM SVETSKOM RATU), the CoS in the same period was Trifun Mikić.

:?
Any idea?
Many thks
Max

Dr Eisvogel

Re: Radomir Arsenijević: who was this man?

Post by Dr Eisvogel » 21 Nov 2011, 20:37

Carnaro wrote:Hello
I'm looking for info about Radomir (or Dragomir) Arsenijević, that in august 1941 was a direct collaborator of the Chethnik commander Kosta Pećanac - Serbia.
According to a source (Borković, p. 180 - KONTRAREVOLUCIJA U SRBIJI), in august 1941 he was the Chief of Staff of Pećanac).
Instead according to another source (Kozić, ČETNICI KOSTE PEĆANCA U DRUGOM SVETSKOM RATU), the CoS in the same period was Trifun Mikić.

:?
Any idea?
Many thks
Max
Hello,

Radomir Arsenijević was a dentist from Zaječar. His second wife, Desanka (née Petković) was born in Jagodina in 1904.

Pećanac appointed him vojvoda rtanjski - Duke/Voivod of Rtanj.

He was arrested by Nedić's police in 1941, maybe even before August and locked in Banjica concentration camp, from which he was released in December of 1941. He was killed in the beginning of September 1943 by the Chetniks of Draža Mihailović in his car on the road between Ćuprija and Jagodina. The execution was carried by Lt. Vidić Milun "Emilo" and his men, who were subordinated to Major Rausavljević "Raus".

It seems he collaborated with Germans (Gestapo?), according to the pro-Mihailović sources.

He had three children.
His son joined the communist Partisans and died in action. He also had two daughters. One of them was named Ljijljana.

Trifun Mikić was vojvoda timočki - Duke/Voivod of Timok.

Best regards,
Eisvogel

Carnaro

Post by Carnaro » 22 Nov 2011, 17:34

Hello
Many thks! Very useful details :D
It seems that Arsenijević attended at the conference in August between Pećanac and SS-Sturmbannführer Karl Kraus, when the collaboration agreement was officialized with the Germans. It maybe that this fact has been the basis on which the accusation of collaboration with Gestapo was drafted by pro-Mihailovic sources...

Maybe do you know also the fate of Pećanac's son, Milan, who was at the HQ in Kuršumlijia with his father?

Cheers
Max

G. Trifkovic
Forum Staff

Post by G. Trifkovic » 22 Nov 2011, 18:28

Eisvogel,

could you provide source(s) for your last post? Thanks.

G.

Dr Eisvogel

Post by Dr Eisvogel » 22 Nov 2011, 21:34

@Max "Carnaro":

Thank you. Sorry, I don't have any further details about his son.

Best regards,
Eisvogel
G. Trifkovic wrote:Eisvogel,

could you provide source(s) for your last post? Thanks.

G.
Yes, I can. Here they are:

Ljubomir Tešić in: Glas javnosti, December 2003, feuilleton Crveni uragan nad Beogradom http://arhiva.glas-javnosti.rs/arhiva/2 ... 2302.shtml and in the subsequent number.
Also, in: http://www.novosti.rs/dodatni_sadrzaj/c ... vacoj-sobi

About the murder of R. Arsenijević by Lt. Milun Vidić as I have already wrote, it's pro-Mihailović (Draža) source:=> Pavle Milošević: Ravnogorska omladina u pokretu Đenerala Mihailovića 1941-1945, Kragujevac, 2003, but I don't have the page.
The corroboration of existence of Lt. Milun Vidić => http://www.znaci.net/00001/4_14_3_147.htm

I've seen that Srđan Cvetković from Institut za savremenu istoriju in Belgrade uses Tešić as a source.
http://www.komunikacija.org.rs/komunika ... ad_ser_lat

Regards,
Eisvogel

xqtr

Post by xqtr » 26 Nov 2011, 07:11

Radomir Raša Arsenijević was member of Ljotić`s ZBOR party before war, Chetnik of Kosta Pećanac and Gestapo agent during war. I read somewhere that his Gestapo code was "R-13".
As allready written, he was killed by anglophil "chetniks" of Draza Mihailovic.

On the picture up right one German soldier is looking at his car after being ambushed and killed by "ravnogorci".

G. Trifkovic
Forum Staff

Post by G. Trifkovic » 26 Nov 2011, 16:20

xqtr ,

please provide the source for the photos.

G.

paolosilv

Post by paolosilv » 04 Feb 2013, 09:46

SS-Sturmbannführer Karl Kraus. Does anyone know what happened to him? Thanks.
Born on 3-3-1908.
In 1941 CO from Einsatzkommando Belgrad der Sipo and SD within Einsatzgruppe Jugoslavien

Ninawish

Post by Ninawish » 07 Dec 2021, 19:18

Hello there,

I know this post is already 10 years old. But I hope to find answers anyway and to reach one of you. I want to find out more about my Serbian heritage and stumbled over the name of my great grandfather, Radomir Arsenijević. Researching his name I found out: This thread is about him. My grandmother was one of his daughters, Liljiana. I am stunned to have found actual information about the topic and thank you for your research. So, is there anyone still here I can connect with to answer some questions?
Best regards
Nina

Return to “Foreign Volunteers & Collaboration”