Rimini List Ukranians

Discussions on the foreigners (volunteers as well as conscripts) fighting in the German Wehrmacht, those collaborating with the Axis and other period Far Right organizations. Hosted by George Lepre.
George Lepre
Host - Foreign volunteers section

Re: Rimini List Ukranians

Post by George Lepre » 24 Jan 2015, 23:24

Hi Luba -

If you have photographs, feel free to post them right in this thread.

Thank you,

George

Ljotrulf

Post by Ljotrulf » 17 Feb 2015, 14:59

Luba wrote:Hi, I too have just found this forum. Initially looking for insignia's of my dads uniform. He was interned in Rimini ( ID Card: No 1 SEP CAGE, Rimini Airfield. Rank: Oberleutnant.( Senior Lieutenant) SEP No: L-7101.Issued 11 October 1946 by INTERNEES CAMP COMMAND, ITALY). Apparently was assigned to Major Krat. I have quite a number of photos from the camp including a book published in the camp 1946 showing all the officers in caricature style with joky comments about each of them. My dad is also included. He joined the Home Guards when he came to England. Can't find out how he managed that. Apparently there was a whole division of Ukrainian Home Guards in the Manchester area. In 1919 he attended the UHA senior HQ military training.
Does anyone know if there is any one place on the web where I can post some of these artifacts.

Hello Luba,
This site would be the most obvious place to post images of some of the historical documents from your Dad and I am sure that the moderator George Lepre will assist if you chose to do that. Also you may care to contact this site if it is stil active: http://www.infoukes.com/galiciadivision/
I believe that there was a batallion of Polish Home Guard in Edinburgh in the 1950s so your Dad's membership of the HG does not sound that outlandish. As there was quite an active Ukrainian community in Edinburgh (there is still a community centre and church) there may also have been Ukrainian Home Guard soldiers here too.

whiterussian737

Post by whiterussian737 » 03 Mar 2015, 13:58

Hi i am also new to this site but would welcome some help and guidance. I have quite a lot of information I have gathered about my father but i have got stuck because I do not know is actual town/village of birth. Can any one please help me?

Michael

jpo2709

Post by jpo2709 » 19 Dec 2015, 01:25

Hi new to the Forum, but my Grand father was a medic with the 14th Waffen Grenadier Division of the SS. I looked up some stuff about them and found some records from the national archive. The documents describe the history of the division and what to do with them, as the Italians were going to hand 8,000 of them over to soviet forces. So the documents are arguments from British ministers about the division and also telegrams from Generals etc talking about their detainment in Rimini. It also contains paper clippings regarding their arrival in the UK.
If any one wants a good read i uploaded them so you can read through.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/hkwgias4c ... 1851_1.pdf
http://www.mediafire.com/view/ac2sd1v54 ... 1851_2.pdf
http://www.mediafire.com/view/gi4ib18f5 ... 1851_3.pdf
http://www.mediafire.com/view/7rhssz0n6 ... 1851_4.pdf
http://www.mediafire.com/view/8hpeyc1lm ... 1851_5.pdf
http://www.mediafire.com/view/wh6ch1m2h ... 1851_6.pdf

PDrozd57

Post by PDrozd57 » 28 Dec 2015, 14:25

Hi, my name is Michael Smith I am the son of Paul James Smith/ Pawlo Drozd DOB 25/04/1922 place of birth? HAJOK? along with my sister Anna Christina, we would like to know more about how he came to the UK . He had his problems But! he gave us life .
He told he of how he was in Italy B4 coming to UK how he fighting aginist the Russian Army and German? at one time when in a tank Regiment.
He went back and visited in 1993 to the Ukraine and said his name was on a war grave in Keiv, when seeing his Sister.
I have photo's of in a camp and its snowing hard and a driving lience which I cannot find but will post when found.
Any help please. Kindest regards Michael

PDrozd57

Post by PDrozd57 » 28 Dec 2015, 16:06

Please could you help? fathers name was /Pawlo. Drozd DOB/25/04/22/ when he went back home in 1993 the passport says HAJOK?? but I and my sister was told by him he was from KIEV. is he on the Rimini List and can you tell me more??

whiterussian737

Post by whiterussian737 » 18 Jan 2016, 17:30

Hi I made contact last year in search of the so called "Rimini list" but got no success due to it being classified. My father was transferred to the Langar airfield pow camp in Nottinghamshire after the war but I've had little luck gathering ang useful info to progress my research. It is encouraging to read that the Association of Ukrainians UK are considering compiling a list! Does anyone have any further information Please, I would be very grateful. Also any one reading this post, if you have any info on Langar pow camp, please get in touch. Thank you

mm55

Post by mm55 » 23 Jan 2016, 18:31

PDrozd57 wrote:Please could you help? fathers name was /Pawlo. Drozd DOB/25/04/22/ when he went back home in 1993 the passport says HAJOK?? but I and my sister was told by him he was from KIEV. is he on the Rimini List and can you tell me more??
Hi Michael,
the record you are looking for is probably at http://www.obd-memorial.ru/html/info.htm?id=85317568
There is a different year in DOB - 1921 vs. 1922

Lucyszyn

Post by Lucyszyn » 07 May 2016, 20:56

Is there any way to access the "Rimini List"?
I'm trying to find out about my (deceased) grandfather - Teodor LUCYSZYN - dob 24/09/1924 in Horodok
He ended up in Licolnshire in 1947

Orinik

Post by Orinik » 08 May 2016, 15:13

He was born in Gródek Jagielloński, Gefreiter, listed as Theodor Lucyschyn, Geb.-ort Horodok Jag. During the War he lived in Lwów/Lemberg

Lucyszyn

Post by Lucyszyn » 08 May 2016, 20:33

Orinik wrote:He was born in Gródek Jagielloński, Gefreiter, listed as Theodor Lucyschyn, Geb.-ort Horodok Jag. During the War he lived in Lwów/Lemberg
Thanks for that - I believe he served in the German Army. Are there any records of his service?

dzeras

Post by dzeras » 27 May 2016, 07:11

My father is Ukrainian and was in the Rimini camp, then went to England and worked at the old Kidderminster Sugar Beet factory. My father was only 15yo when he joined the Division and by 16yo was a prisoner of war. I have some of his documents and his Red Cross identification paper. I no longer live in Europe and was only able to get some documents from the National Archives by purchasing them on-line. I emailed a couple of Ukrainian organisations in the UK, none have replied. If anyone else had a relative in the Division and would be interested in either a reunion or something similar please let me know.

Orinik

Post by Orinik » 27 May 2016, 11:11

Try to contact "Brotherhood of Former Soldiers of the First Ukrainian Division of the Ukrainian National Army" Toronto (publisher of quarterly "Visti Combatanta")
Your father is Jurij from Lwów/Lemberg?

TarasUKRAINE

Post by TarasUKRAINE » 12 Nov 2017, 19:16

Hi, can anyone help me track my grandad, Mychajlo Taras, born in Zarywynci in 1925. He too was interned in Rimini as a POW and transported to UK as part of 8,000 soldiers re-naturalized.

Is the Rimini List published somewhere?

StephT

Post by StephT » 22 Oct 2018, 13:06

Can anyone help me discover more about my father's war history.

My father, Michael Temkow, was born in the Ukraine in 1919 in a village called Zolotyi Potik in the region of Ternopil. He passed away in 1982.

He came to England in 1946/7 as part of the Polish resettlement force and after discharge worked as a coal miner.

Unfortunately I never spoke to my father about his family and history. Now I would like to more about him and how he came to be in Italy I believe, but not necessarily Rimini, in 1946. I received his records from APC Polish enquiries RAF Northolt but this gives no prior details.

I do remember seeing a photo of him with the German eagle insignia above the breast pocket and I believe the ROA insignia on the sleeve.

Is it possible to point me in the direction of where I can find more information about him and the story of that period and the people who were caught up in the events of the war?

It’s unlikely that any of his comrades are still alive but their families may have photos which also include my father - in case there is an association of former service men.

Many thanks

Return to “Foreign Volunteers & Collaboration”