SS-Kriegsberichter Kjaer

Discussions on the foreigners (volunteers as well as conscripts) fighting in the German Wehrmacht, those collaborating with the Axis and other period Far Right organizations. Hosted by George Lepre.
Hallandsen

Re: SS-Kriegsberichter Kjaer

Post by Hallandsen » 24 Jan 2010, 14:04

HI

Very interesting homepage you have,
Those German writers,I know that Kaden is well known in Germany and runs a publishing plant himself
he has been into political activities in Germany,Krause could be a psynonymiac name, who knows,
what I´m into, is that there is not written very much about the subject, I only give further notice about the books,
and hope those interested can get some information, or be critical to,if they know better, often books can be obtained
for the pictures and facsimilie docs aswell, I have a lot of original material myself, as an example, I have the
uniform jacket owned by the danish KB Christian Zarp, which also is to be heard on the danish broadcast site which
include speaks from Ulf Kjäer,
Zarp flew to Schwitzerland and turned up years later in Denmark to be a redacteur of the danish paper named "The Licitation " after the war,and was never persucated ..
The oldest danish KB was a former danish writher Emerson Bremer, he joined at the age of 57, his son was in the
Waffen-SS to, further interesting names would be the norwegian Arild Hamsun, son of a well known norwegian
writer, the norwegian Sverre Riisnes which fought with the LSSAH at the Balkan, he was a minister in the norwegian Quisling gouvernment, and many others..
If anyone has a picture of the danish KB Christian Zarp, I would be very interested to see ....

-Michael

Post by -Michael » 24 Jan 2010, 23:11

The best known Flemish SS-Kriegsberichter where:
SS-Kriegsberichter Jef Desseyn, in the first part of 1943 he was Berichter during the battle of Kharkov in the SS-Kriegsberichter-Zug d. SS-Pz.Gren.Div.’Das Reich’, the Propagandaministerium called him the ‘Erfolgreichste Ausländische Berichter Deutschlands’. And in the first part of 1944 he worked as Rundfunkberichter with ‘Zender Brussel’.
SS-Kriegsberichter Raf van Hulse, he was SS-Hstuf. and former Standartenführer of the SS-Standarte ‘Flandern’ when he joined the Waffen-SS in September 1942. I suspect he served in the SS-Kriegsberichter-Züge of the SS-Pz.Gren.Div.’Wiking’ and ‘LAH’. He was later promoted to SS-Oscha. and served as Zugführer d. SS-Kriegsberichter-Halbzug d. SS-Frw.Sturmbrig.’Langemarck’ from Januari till April 1944. (I wrote an article about him on my blog.)
SS-Kriegsberichter Frans van Immerseel, was before the war artist and graphic designer, he designed posters for political organisation and events. He was Militant in the Dinaso and joined the Waffen-SS in 1941. He served in the SS-Frw.Standarte ‘Nordwest’ untill this unit was merged with the Frw.Legion ‘Flandern’, where he served as Bildberichter and Zeichner. He served with the Legion during the battle at the Wolchow Kessel, and made some posters and brochures for the Werbung of the Legion.
SS-Kriegsberichter Paul Douliez, was pianist and dirigent with the NIR (Nationaal-Instituut voor Radio-omroep), or during the war ‘Zender Brussel’. In 1943 he joined the Waffen-SS, and came back to Brussels where he was appointed as leader of ‘Zender Brussel’. After the evacuation of Brussels, he was leader of the mobile ‘Kampfsender Flandern’.

I was wondering, does this dienstrangliste also mention Flemish SS-Kriegsberichter? And/or do you maybe have documents concerning Flemish Waffen-SS men in your collection?

Hallandsen

Post by Hallandsen » 25 Jan 2010, 13:44

I have no specific items related to Flemish SS KB, but to Flemish Waffen-SS and other branches, about 550 pics, many of
them are featured in the "Flandern in Uniforms", a further comment to these books was that they are in re-print, some of them
only, it seems to me a further printing is canclled as they do not apear on a booksellers list,-I also got lot of picture-sheets

In 1972 I was connected to a stamp collector in Belgium who has all those stamps connected to Waffe-SS in Belgium, Flame and
Wallons as well, and he provided mee also with some cuffbands and even a RK which he has found in some ruins in
Germany as he was a driver in the NSKK,
The lists have about 100 names, It would be able to scan it, but as this is a new book, the publisher has "alle rechte
vorbehalten" and I not very happy to get some problems in this direction, some names is

Alfons Brüggemann, Cornelius van der Horst, Pierre Virondeau,ERsnt Vierbücher, Hans-Claus Brüssler, not knowing
if they are Belgians, its in the Kaden book, Das Wort,-google it, and maybee buy it, its fairly cheep..
Last edited by Hallandsen on 25 Jan 2010, 13:53, edited 1 time in total.

AlifRafikKhan

Post by AlifRafikKhan » 28 Mar 2012, 10:34

Hi Michael, do you have info or pic of Kriegsberichter Jan Buyse?

Return to “Foreign Volunteers & Collaboration”