Documents of SS-Division "Charlemagne"

Discussions on the foreigners (volunteers as well as conscripts) fighting in the German Wehrmacht, those collaborating with the Axis and other period Far Right organizations. Hosted by George Lepre.
kev cornwall

Documents of SS-Division "Charlemagne"

Post by kev cornwall » 10 Feb 2014, 16:17

hello, is there any members whos special interest is in the "Charlemagne" unit and who would aid in in researching 5 Charlemagne documents ( sorry I cannot show them on here, ive tried to post images before and im either to old or stupid ) , ive pretty much researched them all and all seem correct in every way, dates, places, names etc, black light clear, only one error I can find is SS-Hauptsturmführers de Bourmount name spelt as de Boumant? , quick list of items,
1. letter dated 1st march 1945 to regiment of marche SS-Obersturmführer Fenet, from SS-Haupt monneuse

subject , defensive line SS-Brigadeführer Krukenberg direction
Korlin about Bärwalde/defence settings in south western flank Pommern with Wehrmacht units ( inf-mot 3 ) over 2 days hold soviet troops from north east

2. letter dated 2nd march in Neustettin, requirement to SS-Brigadeführer Krukenberg, again from monneuse

by immence bombardment of north east have occurred decimation, armed defence makes it big gaps at the edge of south flank, but push has to come from us, send them immediately two units back,otherwise there is very strong signs of disintegration even in south west direction, our scenes here are not good, soviets are very strong, north east, much artillery

3. letter dated 2nd march 1945 in Neustettin to Fenet from monneuse

soviets troops jerk north east, no longer possible to hold, Wehrmacht on retreating Bärwalde, we will pull back south west

4. letter dated 6th march in Korlin to de Bourmont from SS-Sturmführer le Soms, reg marche

we are here in Korlin absolutely cut of by soviets , tonight it is trying to dodge the north west opposite the direction of the forest army ( ? ) , his units move Ramelow every direction, very strong opposition in Belgrade would have to be even smaller units of regimental reserve are, our troop status is about 300 men, equipment maintenance is fine

5. letter dated 6th march 1945 order to de Bourmont , from monneuse

immediate settings in Korlin , leave Belgrade in direction, swerve & collide with 1st regiment marche towards west-west south , join 6 oclock evening time clock, motorcyclist remain with unit

just a few notes, sorry for my german translation ( google translator & dictionary ) when I say letters some are more scraps of paper, 4 have maps of front lines and name places, and units scribbled on

anyway if anyone has a keen interest in SS-Division "Charlemagne" and could private message me, maybe look over at what I have via email, I would be interested in your thoughs, also all where marked for dispatch rider, and all in german,

regards kevin

fradar

Re: Documents of SS-Division "Charlemagne"

Post by fradar » 14 Feb 2014, 18:43

Quite interesting Kevin.
I am designing scenarios for SPWaW and I did some about the Sturmbrigade Frankreich in Galicie.
I have a number of other scenarios about the SS Charlemagne Division in preparation and have already some maps finished (Körlin, Elsenau...).
Reliable information about Charlemagne are fairly difficult to find (names are generally aliasses).
If you agree I would very much like to share your documents and info.
I am fluent in german and will have no problem.
Thanks in advance.
François

Ustuf.33

Post by Ustuf.33 » 19 Feb 2014, 23:34

Be careful.
Theses documents are probably false!!
There are many errors, and it seems to "beautiful" to be right.

Grégory BOUYSSE

kev cornwall

Post by kev cornwall » 23 Feb 2014, 21:07

gregory you say these are false, but when i ask nobody will say why? can i have some info on this, these owe me nothing in any case as i was given them because i collect german ww2 documents so no loss, what are the errors, places, dates and names although some seem spell wrong i.e de Bourmount name spelt as de Boumant? , your wisdom would be appreciated, regards kevin

Rob - wssob2

Post by Rob - wssob2 » 23 Feb 2014, 22:02

What's the provenance of the documents? That will play a part in determining if they are fake or not.

kev cornwall

Post by kev cornwall » 23 Feb 2014, 23:32

no provenance sadly, a friend who lives in france picked them up in a house clearance, which leads to another question how did they get to france when the charlemagnes last stand was in berlin?

Rob - wssob2

Post by Rob - wssob2 » 24 Feb 2014, 02:07

Wow. How interesting. Any chance one of the former house owners or tenants was a 33rd SS veteran?

fenet_45

Post by fenet_45 » 05 Mar 2014, 12:44

Dear Kevin, if it is possible write me message or email at: [email protected]
I'm Charlemage volunteers researcher and hope I will be able to help you...
best, Tomasz

Return to “Foreign Volunteers & Collaboration”