Photos of Bielorussians

Discussions on the foreigners (volunteers as well as conscripts) fighting in the German Wehrmacht, those collaborating with the Axis and other period Far Right organizations. Hosted by George Lepre.
Arto O

Photos of Bielorussians

Post by Arto O » 26 Feb 2014, 19:19

Hi,
here some photos of Bielorussians. Any information welcome.
Thanks
Arto
SD13.jpg
SD13.jpg (76.36 KiB) Viewed 1042 times
Starshy-lejtynant-BKA.jpg
Starshy-lejtynant-BKA.jpg (59.88 KiB) Viewed 1042 times
V_tushka.jpg
V_tushka.jpg (55.64 KiB) Viewed 1042 times
Kamandzer-samaahovy.jpg
Source: The Apricity

Panzermahn

Re: Photos of Bielorussians

Post by Panzermahn » 01 Mar 2014, 07:41

The man in the photo V_tushka.jpg is probably Michael VItushka, a Belorusian anti-Bolshevik fighter (who led the Belarusian section of the SS Jagdverbande Ost anti-Soviet guerrilla unit "Black Cats").

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michas%27_Vitushka

After WW2, he was involved in the Anti-Bolshevik Bloc of Nations (ABN) which had its headquarters at Munich, Germany until the end of Soviet Union where it was dissolved.

Arto O

Post by Arto O » 01 Mar 2014, 22:41

Thanks Panzermahn,
for very interesting information. The man in the last photo (4th) doesn´t seems to be him anymore. But somebody in leading position.
with best regards
Arto

Orlov

Post by Orlov » 23 Mar 2014, 02:08

Hello,
Unit "Black Cats" is a legend - like a postwar anti-Soviet organisation under the same name. More information about it in book of Jerzy Grzybowski. Strongly recommend 900-page monography (!!!) Jerzy Grzybowski (unfortunately only in Polish): Pogoń między Orłem Białym, Swastyką i Czerwoną Gwiazdą. Białoruski ruch niepodległościowy w latach 1939–1956 (POGON between the White Eagle, Swastika and the Red Star. Belarusian independence movement in the years 1939-1956): http://ksiegarnia.iknt.pl/jerzy-grzybow ... -1939.html
And I proposed read interesting prof. Grzybowski text in English (An Outline History of the 13th (Belarusian) Battalion of the SD Auxiliary Police (Schutzmannschafts Bataillon der SD 13, The Journal of Slavic Military StudiesVolume 23, Issue 3, September 2010, pages 461-476)
bestreg
Orlov

Panzermahn

Post by Panzermahn » 23 Mar 2014, 09:23

Hello Orlov,

My source for the Black Cats anti-Soviet guerrilla units was Perry Biddiscombe's excellent The SS Hunter Battalions chapter 2. Biddiscombe used the US Counter Intelligence Corps interrogations records of the captured SS Jagdverbande personnel as well as the remaining archives & documents related to KG200 (Luftwaffe Special Operations unit) as the primary sources for his book.

Panzermahn

Orlov

Bielorussian Black Cat

Post by Orlov » 23 Mar 2014, 14:42

Panzermahn wrote: Perry Biddiscombe's excellent The SS Hunter Battalions
If Biddiscombe The SS Hunter Battalions as good as his earlier book about it Wehrwolf sorry I will not comment on the skills of the author. It is typical that Western authors reproduce the errors and show a lack of reality and the knowledge of Eastern Europe (it is still terra incognita for them a few exceptions like David Glantz). Returning to the issue of Black Cat - prof. Grzybowski described the Black Cat organization based on the Belarusian, Soviet (NKVD published docs) and Polish (secret police UB docs) archival sources, books (including memories) and articles in periodicals such as Belarusian "Arche" and Belarusian émigré newspaper from the 50s XX century. Forgive me I believe more 900-page book Grzybowski than revelations Biddiscombe. So pity you do not know the Polish language (in the case of Chapter - Legend of the Black Cat - pp. 515-540)

Orlov

Return to “Foreign Volunteers & Collaboration”