Bosnian Muslims fighting for the Axis?

Discussions on the foreigners (volunteers as well as conscripts) fighting in the German Wehrmacht, those collaborating with the Axis and other period Far Right organizations. Hosted by George Lepre.
Johnny

Bosnian Muslims fighting for the Axis?

Post by Johnny » 08 May 2003, 14:16

I seem to recall something about a group of foreign troops concisting solely of Bosnian Muslims fighting for the axis. Does anyone have any info? Were they a part of the Wermacht or other? In that case what?

Tony Slug

Post by Tony Slug » 08 May 2003, 14:57

Johnny

Post by Johnny » 08 May 2003, 18:14

Many thanks! Himmler was really a puzzling figure... does this mean that he really didn't mind semitic religions and were just utterly hung up on the race-aspect of it all or that they were just ready to compromise beacuse of their lack of manpower?

K.Kocjancic

Post by K.Kocjancic » 08 May 2003, 19:06

You must know, that 13. W.Geb.Div. d. SS "Handschar" was not formed only from Bosnian Muslims, but also from Croatian catholics and others (if you want know about this Div., contact George Lepre (on Feldgrau.forum or this one) or read his book.

About racial questions about Muslims.
Himmler proclaimed, that Muslims from Bosnia are of Arian race, so that he could traffted them in.

Regards,
Kocjo

Tony Slug

Post by Tony Slug » 08 May 2003, 19:10

another link that may be of interest to you :

http://www.palestinefacts.org/pf_mandat ... _mufti.php

British Free Corps

Post by British Free Corps » 08 May 2003, 22:10

About racial questions about Muslims.
Himmler proclaimed, that Muslims from Bosnia are of Arian race, so that he could traffted them in.
True. The first known "Aryan" beings actually orginated from what is now Eastern Europe, the Balkans and the Baltic States, and migrated into Asia and the Middle East...

For example, Iran is the Persian term for "Land of the Aryan"...as it was the Aryans who inhabited the land and assimilated to the cultural practices of the native people.

Johnny

Post by Johnny » 08 May 2003, 22:16

First of all I'm not saying that you're wrong. The eastern Europe origin theory was popular in the first years of the 1900-hundreds (later it was altered to the northeast of Germany and south of scandinavia), but since that discussion dates back to the late 1700-hundreds and continues to this day I think it's a bit harder to pinpoint what diffrent nazi officals themselves belived to be aryan or non aryan people, even regarding Himmler and various ethnic groups of the balkans.

K.Kocjancic

Post by K.Kocjancic » 08 May 2003, 22:16

True.
I know, I'm right! :P :D 8) :lol: :wink:

British Free Corps

Post by British Free Corps » 08 May 2003, 22:26

Johnny wrote:First of all I'm not saying that you're wrong. The eastern Europe origin theory was popular in the first years of the 1900-hundreds (later it was altered to the northeast of Germany and south of scandinavia), but since that discussion dates back to the late 1700-hundreds and continues to this day I think it's a bit harder to pinpoint what diffrent nazi officals themselves belived to be aryan or non aryan people, even regarding Himmler and various ethnic groups of the balkans.
I understand, and I'm only going by what I've read and heard. The Nazis, especially Himmler, were eager to pinpoint the "Nordic" peoples of Europe as the models of the true Aryan...such as the Germans, Dutch, Swedes, Norwegians and Danes...their theory was based upon the ancestry and decendency of the Saxons, Vikings and Celts, I believe...the origins of the "Nordic" people of today....

British Free Corps

Post by British Free Corps » 08 May 2003, 22:27

Kocjo wrote:
True.
I know, I'm right! :P :D 8) :lol: :wink:
Self confidence, eh? Good, good!

dinko2

Bosnian Muslims

Post by dinko2 » 10 May 2003, 00:07

Bosnian muslims in 1941-1945 period is citizien of NDH(Independent state of Croatia). Muslim conscripts serve in Croatian army Domobranstvo or three legionar division under the German command. Many muslims voluntary serve in Ustaša party military formation. They are two independent paramilitary formation. During 1941-42 "Hađiefendićeva vojska narodnog ustanka"(army of peoples upraising) in Posavina region and in Western Bosnia "Huskina legija" during 1942-1944.
For oficial politics in this period muslims are not separate nations and they are Croats. "Muslims is flower of Croatian nation"

White_Trader

Post by White_Trader » 10 May 2003, 15:40

it is intresting that the macedoninans werent recognised as a nation too (same like the bosnian muslims).. seems that many nations have been formed after ww2

Ken

Post by Ken » 13 May 2003, 05:55

True.. Touchy area, Macedonia is.. The whole Balkans is touchy when it comes to ethnicity.. Are Macedonians a nation? If they say yes, no one can say otherwise.. What about Montengrins? And Bosnians? They say they are, others say they're not.. but if they say they are, who is to say otherwise? If Macedonians consider themselves something different than Serbs, then that's what they are..

Anyways.. The Aryan theory.. Most theorists state that the Indo-European speaking peoples come from somewhere around Central Asia.. It seems very credible since Iranic migrations come from there, Celtic ones run East-to-West.. Teutonic ones too... Slavic ones.. Scandinavian ones.. It seems that they're all from East-to-West..

White_Trader

Post by White_Trader » 14 May 2003, 17:17

hmm the macedonian question is a difficult question. noone says that they dont have the right to porclaim themselves as a different nation from the bulgarians but they use the term from a dead nation. They have nothing with the old macedonians. the term macednian didnt exist until very late 19 cent. for example during a secret meeting between russians and austrohungarians in 1877 befour the russo-turkish war they made a deal that if the ottoman empire colapses new states are going to be formed and one of them was RUMELIA wich in fact is somthing like todays "Macedonia".... anyway whatever.... the real aryans are not the nordics i mean the real indoeuropeans are darker than the scandinavians for example.

Johnny

Post by Johnny » 14 May 2003, 21:44

White_Trader wrote: the real aryans are not the nordics i mean the real indoeuropeans are darker than the scandinavians for example.
The german racial view on balcans was never an issue in this post.

Return to “Foreign Volunteers & Collaboration”