SS-Hstuf. de Wolf

Discussions on the foreigners (volunteers as well as conscripts) fighting in the German Wehrmacht, those collaborating with the Axis and other period Far Right organizations. Hosted by George Lepre.
-Michael

SS-Hstuf. de Wolf

Post by -Michael » 23 Sep 2015, 23:59

“The Flemish volunteer officer Hstuf. Rafael de Wolf, born 30 June 1904 in Antwerp, was an art professor who taught at a school for war-disabled Waffen-SS veterans that was set up by the SS Main Office in Graz, Austria. De Wolf was last heard from in Graz at the end of the war.”
(Source probably ‘Siegrunen’.)
Never heard of this SS-Hauptsturmführer before. Has somebody more information about this Rafael de Wolf?
Last edited by -Michael on 24 Sep 2015, 12:49, edited 1 time in total.

-Michael

Re: SS-Hstuf. de Wolf

Post by -Michael » 24 Sep 2015, 12:49

I searched all SS-Verordnungs- and -SS-Personalveränderungsblätter in my archive, all the promotions to Reserve and Aktive SS-Hauptsturmführer. But I can't find his name.
It could be that he is a figure of imagination of the autor of the article.

Martinski

Post by Martinski » 24 Sep 2015, 16:52

Went through the Fuehrerliste (John Moore) - No Rafael de Wolf either.

Martin

Wim

Post by Wim » 25 Sep 2015, 13:00

According to the SMF Suchdienst they wrote to the WASt and got an answer that on 13.03.1944 he was still a Sturmmann.

He was teacher art-history at the school for revalidation for heavy war disable at Graz.

Wim
Any information about Flemisch in German service (Waffen SS, OT, NSKK, Kriegsmarine, DRK, ...) during WWII is welcome.

Martinski

Post by Martinski » 25 Sep 2015, 13:21

Wim, is it possible to pass me (eventually per pm) the actual contact for the SMF Suchdienst please? I am researching the history of the father (ex - "Langemarck") of one of my neighbours; his file is in Brussels but they were refused access by belgian justice....

Will be very grateful; Martin

-Michael

Post by -Michael » 26 Sep 2015, 11:43

Wim wrote:According to the SMF Suchdienst they wrote to the WASt and got an answer that on 13.03.1944 he was still a Sturmmann.

He was teacher art-history at the school for revalidation for heavy war disable at Graz.

Wim
Thank you very much Wim.
I can't find any information about this school. Graz is a university-city an you had the SS-Ärztliche-Akademie in Graz, but I can't find any information about a school for disabled.
It was also possible that De Wolf was a Fachführer der Waffen-SS in the uniform of a SS-Hauptsturmführer while he had the rank of SS-Sturmmann der Waffen-SS.

Wim

Post by Wim » 14 Oct 2015, 13:08

Well there is some information that is confusing me. There is also a notification that he got on 13.03.1944 at Res. Laz. I, Chemnitz a Zwecks augenuntersuchung zugang v Berufschule der Waffen SS Mittweida, Sachsen.

It is possible that ha wasn't at a School in Graz but at Mittweida insted?

Wim
Any information about Flemisch in German service (Waffen SS, OT, NSKK, Kriegsmarine, DRK, ...) during WWII is welcome.

Return to “Foreign Volunteers & Collaboration”