Russians in Cheb/Eger

Discussions on the foreigners (volunteers as well as conscripts) fighting in the German Wehrmacht, those collaborating with the Axis and other period Far Right organizations. Hosted by George Lepre.
K.Kocjancic

Russians in Cheb/Eger

Post by K.Kocjancic » 25 Nov 2015, 20:07

I'm looking for any info on pro-German Russians that were stationed in or around current-day Cheb (German name Eger) in current-day Czech Republic. Was there any military school, where they could receive education and be promoted to officers?

Regards,
Klemen

adlerman

Re: Russians in Cheb/Eger

Post by adlerman » 05 Mar 2016, 08:39

Eger was one of the three bases of General Vlassov's Air Force in today's Czech Republic which may have included a school. Adlerman

K.Kocjancic

Post by K.Kocjancic » 05 Mar 2016, 09:10

Interesting. "My" Russians were Infantry.

In the meantime I have contacted the local museum, and also they don't have any info on Russian, stationed in the town.

Regards,
KK

adlerman

Post by adlerman » 27 Mar 2016, 18:03

If you could give me more details of what information you are looking for I may be able to help, as my principal interest is the POA (Vlassov Army) Osttruppen and Cossacks who fought with the Germans. UntiI read your Post I had no idea that Eger had become Cheb! so I owe you one. Adlerman

adlerman

Post by adlerman » 27 Mar 2016, 18:05

I should have been more tactful and said that I had no idea that Cheb and Eger were the same place. Apologies,Adlerman

K.Kocjancic

Post by K.Kocjancic » 27 Mar 2016, 20:31

I'm looking for info on former members of Operation Zeppelin that were sent to Eger, where some received Officer training.

KK

TrondK

Post by TrondK » 25 Apr 2016, 07:29

Very interesting data. Anyone with photos or historical objects from this ROA school?

Askold

Post by Askold » 02 May 2016, 18:04

Eger was a large Ost volunteer hub for various Ost units - called Hauptsammellager - main collective camp, it held together Russian, Ukrainian and Belarus Flakhelfers, KONR Airforce and a YBB Luftwaffe Flak unit. At some point there was a grand parade and the kids from all the three nations marched through the downtown with their flags. There are few photos of this event out there.

K.Kocjancic

Post by K.Kocjancic » 02 May 2016, 18:13

Askold wrote:Eger was a large Ost volunteer hub for various Ost units - called Hauptsammellager - main collective camp, it held together Russian, Ukrainian and Belarus Flakhelfers, KONR Airforce and a YBB Luftwaffe Flak unit. At some point there was a grand parade and the kids from all the three nations marched through the downtown with their flags. There are few photos of this event out there.
Thanks for the info.

Regards,
Klemen

Return to “Foreign Volunteers & Collaboration”