Photos of Czechoslovakian Generals, 1938

Discussions on the Allies and the Neutral States in general and the countries that does not have sections of their own.
jsanch22

Photos of Czechoslovakian Generals, 1938

Post by jsanch22 » 13 Aug 2009, 01:19

Hello. My name is Javier E. Sanchez and I am a student at the University of New Mexico in the United States who is working on a research project on the army and corps commanding generals who served in the Czechoslovakian Army in 1938. As a result, I am writing brief biographical sketches on about 20 generals and am trying to accompany as many of the sketches with an image as possible. As a result, I am searching for any kinds of images of 5 generals whose images I have been hard pressed to locate. I figured that since you might be more familiar with images regarding Czechoslovakian generals of the period, someone might be able to help me out in this regard. Following is the list of generals whose images I am searching for:

1. Jan Šípek, I Corps
2. Josef Váňa, II Corps
3. Bedřich Ruml, XII Border Zone
4. Josef Mánek, II Corps
5. Jiři Hudeček, VIII Corps

If you have any images of any of the listed generals or if you have any ideas about where I might find images of of any of them, please do contact me at the following e-mail: [email protected]. Please note that any help is greatly appreciated and I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Javier E. Sanchez
Albuquerque, NM

KACKO

Re: Photos of Czechoslovakian Generals, 1938

Post by KACKO » 14 Aug 2009, 15:52

Pics of
1.Jan Šípek, I Corps
2. Josef Váňa, II Corps
3. Bedřich Ruml, XII Border Zone
are in bookEncyklp[edie branne moci Republiky Ceskoslovenske 1920-1938 (Encyklopedy of armed forces of Czechoslovak Republic).
For all 5 of these generals, there is short bio. (app 1/3 of A4 format).

Lornito Uriarte Mahinay Jr.

Re: Photos of Czechoslovakian Generals, 1938

Post by Lornito Uriarte Mahinay Jr. » 31 Dec 2012, 08:29

Try to write the Military History Institute in Prague, particularly its History and Documentation Department.

Military History Institute in Prague
U Památníku 2
130 05 Praha 3
Phone – Reception: +420 973 204 913
E-mail: [email protected]
Fax: +420 222 541 308

Return to “The Allies and the Neutral States in general”