Robert M. DeHaven

Discussions on all aspects of the United States of America during the Inter-War era and Second World War. Hosted by Carl Schwamberger.
Edward L. Hsiao

Robert M. DeHaven

Post by Edward L. Hsiao » 26 Jul 2011, 01:18

Gentlemen,

I wonder if you have any post-war pictures of Robert M. DeHaven who was a air ace with 14 victories over Japanese planes? DeHaven was in the U.S. Air Force Reserve after World War II was over. He retired as a Colonel in 1965. I would like to see a picture of him in USAF blue uniform with his ribbons. He worked with Howard Hughes for many years as a personnal pilot and other important jobs. I remember seeing a picture of DeHaven shaking hands with Howard Hughes. I think DeHaven grew a mustache shortly after World War II. Pictures of him with Hughes will do nicely as well. DeHaven died in 2008 a few years ago.

Edward L. Hsiao

Edward L. Hsiao

Re: Robert M. DeHaven

Post by Edward L. Hsiao » 31 Dec 2011, 10:56

Gentlemen,

I'm surprised that there isn't a picture of Robert M. DeHaven in USAF uniform available.

Edward L. Hsiao

Edward L. Hsiao

Post by Edward L. Hsiao » 30 Dec 2013, 00:53

Gentlemen,

I know that DeHaven was chief testpilot for Hughes Aircraft under Howard Hughes. DeHaven must have worked with Hughes who had a mustache for a long time that DeHaven decided that he will have a mustache on his own. And that was when DeHaven was still in the US Air Force Reserve. I'm surprised that in all of the biographies of Howard Hughes that I read so far,not one mentioned Colonel Robert M. DeHaven USAF as test pilot so far. Not even a post-war picture of DeHaven. Howard Hughes had plenty of important associates working for him in his life. I wonder what aircraft that DeHaven had flown after World War II?

Sincerely,

Edward L. Hsiao

Edward L. Hsiao

Post by Edward L. Hsiao » 10 Jul 2014, 08:22

Gentlemen,

Any new information about DeHaven's testpilot job for Howard Hughes and what planes he tested? When U.S. Air Force aircraft that he flew for the Reserves? I'm still waiting for anyone who had a post WWII picture of DeHaven in uniform of a USAFR Colonel.

Sincerely,

Edward L. Hsiao

Return to “USA 1919-1945”