* No insults are tolerated (that includes serious national and religious insults)
* No Holocaust denial is tolerated (note that this also applies to events such as the mass murders of Armenians during WWI and the interwar famine in the Ukraine)
* No racism is tolerated
* No glorifying of nazism/fascism or those dictatorships, or other totalitarian dictatorships, is tolerated
* Keep the message on topic
* When quoting from a book or site, please provide info on the source (and a link if it is a website)
* Use of potentially offensive usernames (such as names of war criminals, leading Nazis) are not allowed.
* To avoid causing problems for those searching in the forum, please do not use the name of historical figures as username.
* Using your real name as username, or at least signing your posts with your real first name is appreciated
* Posting in the forum using more than one account is not tolerated
* Using anonymous proxies or similar services to access the forum is not tolerated
* Potentially offensive avatars are not allowed, this includes for example political avatars, swastikas, violence or nudity, this also applies to avatars that distract from the posts by for example excessive animation.
* Don't use images/videos or bold, large or colored text in the signature. If you use non-English text in the signature, include a translation.
* Links to non-related commercial sites in the signature is not allowed.
* By adding text and/or images to the forum you approve that they remain in the forum.
Insults and threats against other members will result in a warning or a ban, depending on the frequency and seriousness of the offence. Insults and threats against the forum moderators and administrators for performing their duties, or other provocative or disruptive behaviour will be looked upon very seriously, and will usually lead to immediate banning without previous warnings. If a member has an objection to the actions of a specific moderator, he or she must always consult the administrator, rather than sending insults or threats to the moderator in question.
These rules are expanded on at viewtopic.php?t=53962
We will not tolerate the use of either the posting mechanism or the private messenger system to violate existing Copyright Laws. Members who repeatedly post copyrighted material without proper attribution or otherwise use the Forum to knowingly circumvent Copyright Laws, will be banned.
We realize that many members have collections of photographs, or photographs of museum items, militaria or scale models. Such images are welcome and the rules below do not generally apply to them. To avoid confusion, however, we recommend that you mark your image(s) or note in the post that the image(s) are from your personal collection. Members should still observe the guidelines regarding very large images, in respect for members with slow connections or small screen resolutions.
Only post enough images to make your point. This will in most cases be no more than 2 - 3 images, and you must always be able to explain why you have posted any image. If posting more than 5 images in one thread, you must have a very clear reason for doing so.
Listing the source of the images
The administration appreciate that many of the discussions require illustrations, including period photographs. At the same time, we would like to maintain the high quality that the Axis History Forum is known for. Therefore, we require that our members list the source of the photographs they post. The required information depends on the source of the photograph.
- Books and magazines: The author and title of the book. Page number is also preferred, but not required.
- Archives: The archive name and reference, as per the instructions of the archive.
- Websites: The URL to the specific page where the photograph was found. Note, that Google image search is not accepted. If you have found the photograph using Google image search, you must follow the link on Google, and post the website address. Likewise, for eBay auctions, include the seller's id when possible.
If you do not remember the source, you must explicitly write this (this is not a carte blanche to state that the source for all the photographs you post are unknown, and abuse of this method is not accepted).
- Own collection: If you own the photograph yourself (i.e. a period print or a print which you are allowed to re-publish), you must write so either by watermarking the photograph or writing it in your post. Claiming you own photographs which you do not actually own will not be tolerated.
Violating these guidelines can result in removal of posts, warnings, loss of photo posting privileges and banning.
Images from books should be no more than two,due to copyright laws,with full credit given.
See also viewtopic.php?f=2&t=191153
You can edit your messages within a day from it was posted.
If you need to upload an image for a post in the forum (ie an image not already available online), you can add it to your posts while you are writing them!
(Provided by Waleed Y. Majeed)
If you have images you want to attach to a message but they are too big, try http://www.picresize.com/ or http://www.shrinkpictures.com/ to make them smaller.
To include "special" characters (basically the characters not included in standard western A-Z) we have a function available when writing a post, just click on the omega-icon above the edit area and you will get an selection screen where you can easily select the character to include. This function is for example useful for the German characters ü and β.
The button you look for:
The selection screen:
You can add YouTube movies directly in your posts by using the "YouTube" button (in the row with the other buttons when creating a post) as in the example below:
- Code: Select all
Check out the FAQ if you have any another questions about how the forum works - faq.php