Alsace, October 1944, MAP

Discussions on WW2 in Western Europe & the Atlantic.
Kuno2

Alsace, October 1944, MAP

Post by Kuno2 » 01 Jan 2014, 21:53

Colleagues;

I am looking for a map (as the attached one) showing the frontline in the triangle Switzerland / Germany / France at 12. October 1944.

The below map was shown in the internet, posted by a Jan-Hendrik. Unfortunately I could not establish a contact to him. Maybe somebody knows him and can provide me with the address or somebody has a map which could help me.

[The attached map shows only the northern part of what is of interest for me]

I hope somebody can help....

Many thanks in advance.
Elsass, Frontverlauf 1944-Oktober.jpg

Panssari Salama

Re: Alsace, October 1944, MAP

Post by Panssari Salama » 02 Jan 2014, 08:41

The Lorraine Campaign, available as a free PDF download, has some nice details. Perhaps it is of help?

http://www.history.army.mil/html/booksh ... 2-eto.html
Panssari Salama - Paying homage to Avalon Hill PanzerBlitz and Panzer Leader board games from those fab '70s.

phaze

Post by phaze » 02 Jan 2014, 14:21

Hmmm you can check 12th Army Group daily maps here.( Shaef maps too if you go up a bit)

You can also check out German maps form here.

Hope that helps. :wink:

StefanSiverud

Post by StefanSiverud » 03 Jan 2014, 00:37

phaze wrote:Hmmm you can check 12th Army Group daily maps here.( Shaef maps too if you go up a bit)

Great resources, thank you! In case you're responsible for the files in the second link dropbox, any chance of uploading the maps in JPG format instead? The file size (and download time) could be one tenth without noticeable loss of quality.

phaze

Post by phaze » 03 Jan 2014, 17:33

StefanSiverud wrote:
phaze wrote:Hmmm you can check 12th Army Group daily maps here.( Shaef maps too if you go up a bit)

Great resources, thank you! In case you're responsible for the files in the second link dropbox, any chance of uploading the maps in JPG format instead? The file size (and download time) could be one tenth without noticeable loss of quality.
Ah no sorry they're not mine. :) Just happened to stumble upon them somewhere.

Kuno2

Post by Kuno2 » 03 Jan 2014, 22:32

Thanks for that link. I actually only needed to see the front-line as it was on 12. October. That allowed me to estimate where the aircraft/ flight I am currently researching has crossed it and got A/A fire and eventual damage which lead to an emergency landing in Switzerland then. It is one of this little stories which never made any headlines but are very interesting though.It will end up as my next little book: http://www.desertstories.org/index.php?article_id=221

StefanSiverud

Post by StefanSiverud » 03 Jan 2014, 23:55

phaze wrote:
StefanSiverud wrote:

Ah no sorry they're not mine. :) Just happened to stumble upon them somewhere.
Oh well, still a great resource!

Return to “WW2 in Western Europe & the Atlantic”