Attack on Mozhaisk, Oct, 1941

Discussions on WW2 in Eastern Europe.
Michael Turner

Attack on Mozhaisk, Oct, 1941

Post by Michael Turner » 22 Nov 2009, 00:41

Hello:

I am trying to get some detailed information as far as exactly how much of the following units were involved in the attack. I have gone through some books that I have as well as searches on the Internet and I have been able to come up with the fact that the 10th Panzer Division and the SS Reich Division both with the XL Korps were tasked with taking the city.

I do have the Osprey book, Moscow, 1941 (Campaign 167) which has a map of the battle that would appear from the arrows if I have followed them correctly (I am unable to scan it) that the following units were the main attacking force:

10th Panzer Division: 86th Rifle Div and a Panzer Battalion

SS Reich Division: Deutschland, Der Fuhrer

What I am looking for is a more detailed OOB/TOE for these units as well as what types of equipment such as armor, vehicles and etc they would/might have had. I have seen the make up of these two divisions but I was wondering just how much of it was used in the fighting. Also, feel free to add any other attached units or air support that I might have left off.

Thank you.

Michael

Stephanie625

Re: Attack on Mozhaisk, Oct, 1941

Post by Stephanie625 » 04 Jul 2014, 22:12

Generalized info on the SS outside Moscow here, maybe you can glean some info and leads to follow:

http://www.thegermanwarmachine.com/waff ... inter.aspx

Return to “WW2 in Eastern Europe”