Fighting in Posnania - Sep 1939.

Discussions on WW2 in Eastern Europe.
tigre

Re: Fighting in Posnania - Sep 1939.

Post by tigre » 07 Jun 2014, 07:31

Hello to all :D; thank you very much Peter K for your comment, no clues about General Olbricht and the Polish Olbrycht family...nevertheless, thanks for the link :wink:. Cheers. Raúl M 8-).

Piotr Kapuscinski
Host - Allied sections

Post by Piotr Kapuscinski » 07 Jun 2014, 10:13

Similar question was when it comes to German Rommel and Polish Rómmel families.

But in this case they had common ancestors from Livonia.
There are words which carry the presage of defeat. Defence is such a word. What is the result of an even victorious defence? The next attempt of imposing it to that weaker, defender. The attacker, despite temporary setback, feels the master of situation.

tigre

Post by tigre » 16 Feb 2016, 23:09

Hello to all :D; a little more......................................

Łask and Pabianice - September 1939.

On the night of 6/7 September, the regiment spent in the area south-east of Zdunska Wola. The Regiment's HQ spent the night at the station "Krasnica" [probably about Karsznice].

On September 7 it went to the east and at 16:00 hours the I./IR 55 had reached Markówki [8 km west of Pabianice]. Since the village was inhabited by many Germans the battalion was greeted warmly and took a break. Suddenly came an urgent order to march. It turned out that the Leibstandarte (SSLAH) was trapped in Pabianice and its attacks failed because of the strong resistance of the opponent. The IR 55 reinforced with the II./AR 17 was ordered to reach Kudrowice on the Lodz-Pabianice highway and maneuver around the Pabianice-Rzgów road to break the enemy's resistance fighting against the Leibstandarte. It was assigned the 1./Pi 17 and was also sent a tank company at Piątkowiska (I. / PR 23).

The I./PR 55 marched toward Piątkowiska. The other battalions relentlessly followed. In Piątkowiska they found the tanks. Since the other troops were still in progress, the regimental commander ordered the attack by the I./IR 55 according to the following deployment: two companies on the right, a company on the left. Meanwhile, the tanks were coming back and reported that both the railway embankment as the hills behind the route are occupied by the enemy (single infantry and machine guns). To move faster, some soldiers of the I./IR 55 boarded the tanks. Suddenly, during the movement the enemy opened fire with machine guns. The battle began! ..............

Source: http://www.dws.org.pl/viewtopic.php?f=9 ... a&start=25
Foto Panzer Tank Polen Krobanow Lodz Lask Pabianice.

If what say the auction is correct these pictures correspond to the described action. Cheers. Raúl M 8-).
Attachments
image015.png
image015.png (282.09 KiB) Viewed 198 times
image019.jpg
image019.jpg (24.45 KiB) Viewed 198 times
image013.png
image013.png (331.84 KiB) Viewed 198 times

Return to “WW2 in Eastern Europe”