Demyansk reference needed! XD

Discussions on WW2 in Eastern Europe.
ali-shobbar

Demyansk reference needed! XD

Post by ali-shobbar » 13 Aug 2014, 04:09

Hello all
I am working on a graphic novel, and I need to model in 3D the theater of events at that time; the Deymansk pocket 1941/42.
Everytime I search or google I just get the images of soldiers, equipments and snowy landscape, but rarely an actual streets or types of buildings at that time.
I do have hordes of reference for material, personnel, but I need the actual layout of the place.
so can anyone of you guys please supply me with book title, link, tip, to make my life easier?
Or for that matter if you have a recount of German soldier's who fought there?

thank you!
header02.jpg
In case you interested, please take a look at my work
http://shaowofdeath.webcomic.ws/comics/1/
header02.jpg (17.88 KiB) Viewed 442 times

Mr.No one

Re: Demyansk reference needed! XD

Post by Mr.No one » 13 Aug 2014, 10:47

At least with me, if you download Scribd to your iPad (as I've done) then you can view the whole of a book entitled Demyansk, by Robert Forczyk. This is a very good book, which I have earlier read, and includes a couple of 3D scenes and quite a lot of pictures. Also there's a book entitled Besieged:The Epic Battle for Cholm, by Jason D. Mark, which documents the battle of Cholm (which took place quite a short distance to the south of Demyansk) and that book should be fantastic, absolutely filled with photos, aerial photos and first-hand accounts. Unfortunately I haven't been able to read this book yet, though.

Hopefully some of these books will help you...

All the best,
Sean Hansen,
Denmark
Believe in truth!

ali-shobbar

Re: Demyansk reference needed! XD

Post by ali-shobbar » 14 Aug 2014, 11:26

thank you very much!
That was a big help! thank you!

Return to “WW2 in Eastern Europe”