Axis History Forum

This is an apolitical forum for discussions on the Axis nations and related topics hosted by Marcus Wendel's Axis History Factbook in cooperation with Michael Miller's Axis Biographical Research, Christoph Awender's WW2 day by dayand Christian Ankerstjerne’s Panzerworld.

Skip to content

If you found the forum useful please consider supporting us. You can also support us by buying books through the AHF Bookstore.

Hitler's opinion on Serbia

Discussions on WW2 in Africa & the Mediterranean.
Hosted by Andy Hill

Hitler's opinion on Serbia

Postby Srbobran on 15 Apr 2007 06:44

Hello. Does anyone have any information regarding Hitler's opinion on Serbs? I am asking because I find it interesting that despite having a loathing for Slavs, Serbia (after resisting German rule) was given her own state (albeit under German supervision) and we were the only Slavs who resisted German rule who were granted a state. If anyone has any information about the government of Milan Nedic or the Montenegrin Quisling state, it would be greatly appreciated.
Srbobran
Canada

Postby pitman on 15 Apr 2007 18:04

I'm not sure what you mean when you say that Serbs were the only Slavs who resisted German rule who were granted a state. There were certainly a great many Croat partisans, for example. Also, Serbia under German rule was not really a state--it could not even compare to the Croatian or Slovakian puppet states.

For more information on the collaborators, see Tomasevich's big book on collaboration and the occupation: http://www.amazon.com/War-Revolution-Yu ... 434&sr=1-1.

He also did a big book on the Chetniks which may discuss some of the Nedic chetniks, but I have been unable to locate a copy of his Chetnik book despite great efforts.

He died before he could finish his third book, which was to be on the partisans.
pitman
United States

Postby Srbobran on 15 Apr 2007 19:32

What I mean is the the Croat, Slovak, and Bulgarian governments were Axis from the start.
Srbobran
Canada

Postby Marisav on 15 Apr 2007 22:41

For more information on the collaborators, see Tomasevich's big book on collaboration and the occupation: http://www.amazon.com/War-Revo.....mp;sr=1-1.
You have a lot of books on serbian language about collaborators and ww2 in Serbia (germans,SVC, Chetniks...) Also very good book is: Hermann Neubacher, Sonderaufttrag Sudost 1940-1945 ",Publisher: "Musterschmidt", Gottingen, 1957.
Marisav
Serbia

Postby tera on 23 Jul 2007 21:08

Marisav wrote:
For more information on the collaborators, see Tomasevich's big book on collaboration and the occupation: http://www.amazon.com/War-Revo.....mp;sr=1-1.
You have a lot of books on serbian language about collaborators and ww2 in Serbia (germans,SVC, Chetniks...) Also very good book is: Hermann Neubacher, Sonderaufttrag Sudost 1940-1945 ",Publisher: "Musterschmidt", Gottingen, 1957.

zdavo

dali si upucen za nemacki snajperiste koji su bili za vreme drugog svetskog rata
dali ih je bilo u srbiju

hvala ti u napred
tera
France

Return to WW2 in Africa & the Mediterranean