Trieste '45-'46

Discussions on WW2 in Africa & the Mediterranean. Hosted by Andy H
Jan Vertommen

Trieste '45-'46

Post by Jan Vertommen » 24 Jun 2014, 21:54

Dear Members,

After many years of enthusiastic reading this forum, I finally registered myself as a member too.
I'll do my best with my own minor contributions and hope to learn a lot from you still.

With this first post I would like to see if there is any interest of you in a series of pictures of the shady period at the end of the war in the Triest- Italy area. I guess this post might also belong in the eastern Europe or cold war tread.
By gathering info about these pictures I try to help my uncle who is finalising a book about this era and area. More specific the involvement of the Yugoslav army, even after the official division of the area in zone A and -B.
I am told a huge series of pictures exist. For the moment I can offer you these two. You will find very known faces on these images.
We are looking for confirmation of these names and would be extremely happy if any of the other allied or Yugoslav officers could be identified as well.

Dear members feel free to suggest, propose or tell me to take a hike. If I find some inter with you, I will greatfully scan the whole series and post them as well.

Yours sincerely
Jan Vertommen
Attachments
Montgommery_01.jpg
Montgommery. Duino/Devin '46
Harding_01.jpg
Harding

Return to “WW2 in Africa & the Mediterranean”