Panzer Regiment 5 Durenborn's Diary

Discussions on WW2 in Africa & the Mediterranean. Hosted by Andy H
MarkN

Re: Panzer-Regiment 5 Durenborn's Diary

Post by MarkN » 20 Aug 2015, 20:35

Please bear in mind everybody that all the evidence put forward by myself or Brevity can easily be found on the internet by yourselves to come to your own conclusions. Much of it is already been posted here on this forum, the rest can be found (sometimes in translated form) on other forums. Google can be your friend if you treat him nicely and ask the right questions politely. Until last month, the only information I had on this subject was through the internet.

We (apologies Brevity if I don't speak for you correctly) have not used any evidence that we are secretly hoarding or placed any 'new' evidence that could not have been read by yourselves already. All we have done, is analyse and compare that evidence in a more thorough and accurate way. And we have done so from an objective point of view seeking probable historical reality rather than trying to make it fit our own invented narrative.

I, for one, welcome any new evidence that counters that which I have. I'm only interested in historical reality.

Now, should we retire to the Mersa Brega thread to clear up the events of 31March/1April, the 3ArmdBde thread to clear up the events of 2nd April (or start a new one [titled Agedabia perhaps] to cover 2SptGp's efforts too) or look at something fresher?

Edited to mention that some of the evidence came from Jentz's book (Grun account) - which I acquired last month too - rather than the internet. If you don't have that, you could. Several booksellers have them available right now to buy.

ClintHardware

Re: Panzer Regiment 5 Durenborn's Diary

Post by ClintHardware » 22 Aug 2015, 17:45

You seem irritated MarkN and yet you thanked me for the Durenborn diary which was in a file you could have referred to too.

I am glad we re-visited the evidence and thank you for your help.
Imperialism and Re-Armament NOW !

MarkN

Post by MarkN » 23 Aug 2015, 13:03

ClintHardware wrote:You seem irritated MarkN and yet you thanked me for the Durenborn diary which was in a file you could have referred to too.

I am glad we re-visited the evidence and thank you for your help.
Irritated??? With what?

I do not have the file that contains the Durenborn account. I had never seen it until you produced it here.

I often thank you for providing information on this forum to a wider audiance. It is most appreciated. That applies to whether I have seen the file already myself, or not.

My amazement (is that what you saw and thought it was irritation?) is that for the past few weeks we have not been discussing your interpretation of the gaps in history, but your inaccurate understanding of the evidence in front of you. I cannot tell at this point whether you are just not very good at putting the jigsaw pieces together, or whether you are trying to force them together to deliberately make the wrong picture.

ClintHardware

Post by ClintHardware » 31 Aug 2015, 10:37

I like to make sure and I did not feel the information initially given was without holes.

But I do appreciate your help.
Imperialism and Re-Armament NOW !

Return to “WW2 in Africa & the Mediterranean”