Any idea what these are?

Discussions on other historical eras.
einwehrmann2

Any idea what these are?

Post by einwehrmann2 » 04 Jan 2014, 22:23

I found these in an old box of printing plates I have not looked into in 5 years. I notice they are both a left & right pair. Any idea who used them? When? For what? There are no MM on any of the pieces. The tank set has this on the screw grasper - "FOTO-PAM" on the top, and "KRAKOW" on the bottom. So I assume these are Polish? Must be post-war, the poles had nothing like that in 1939, did they? :lol: The (marksman?) set says "ELEKTRO" on the top, and "POZNAN" on the bottom, on the right, and on the left it has "KRAKOW" on the bottom. (THE 2 diff. clasps also have 2 diff. threads! The tank set has what seem to me as an unusual feature, The thing coming up from the back of the tank has an amazing resemblance to a USA native American Chief's head dress. Any idea what it really means? By the way I have an extra "marksman" right, if anybody needs one. I would also like to trade if anyone has the reversed situation as I have. Thanks for any help.
Attachments
1 PINS 001.jpg
1 PINS 001.jpg (151.04 KiB) Viewed 868 times

Ian Hulley

Re: Any idea what these are?

Post by Ian Hulley » 05 Jan 2014, 00:42

Cold war era by the look of them ... the tank looks like a Soviet T72 model.

Ian

einwehrmann2

stumped the forum?

Post by einwehrmann2 » 06 Jan 2014, 22:21

I guess these pins must be rare if NOBODY knows what they are. I assume the Tank pins are Polish, because of Krakow. But what about the others? No info available?

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 06 Jan 2014, 22:22

Moving this away from the Axis insignia section.

/Marcus

wm

Post by wm » 06 Jan 2014, 23:43

This is Foto-Pam Kraków today. Elektro Poznań probably hasn't survived the fall of communism. Both were manufacturers of stuff like that for military and civilian uses.

Those are collar badges of mechanized infantry and armored forces. And are used even today as can be see here.

The head dress is the wings of the Polish Winged Hussars. They appropriately were the elite armored forces of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth in the 16th and later centuries.

einwehrmann2

Post by einwehrmann2 » 07 Jan 2014, 14:10

wm wrote:This is Foto-Pam Kraków today. Elektro Poznań probably hasn't survived the fall of communism. Both were manufacturers of stuff like that for military and civilian uses.

Those are collar badges of mechanized infantry and armored forces. And are used even today as can be see here.

The head dress is the wings of the Polish Winged Hussars. They appropriately were the elite armored forces of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth in the 16th and later centuries.
Thanks for the info!

Return to “Other eras”