Axis History Forum

This is an apolitical forum for discussions on the Axis nations and related topics hosted by Marcus Wendel's Axis History Factbook in cooperation with Michael Miller's Axis Biographical Research, Christoph Awender's WW2 day by dayand Christian Ankerstjerne’s Panzerworld.

Skip to content

If you found the forum useful please consider supporting us. You can also support us by buying books through the AHF Bookstore.

Finnish WW2 Newsreel 1943

Discussions on the Winter War and Continuation War, the wars between Finland and the USSR.
Hosted by Juha Tompuri

Finnish WW2 Newsreel 1943

Postby MPat on 03 Apr 2006 23:57

Hi!

I didnt find this from forum, if youre interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95Cm9JEwoqQ&search=ww2

I couldnt find direct link so use that video find to search: "Finnish WW2 Newsreel 1943"
MPat
Finland

Postby MPat on 04 Apr 2006 12:38

And another video. Should there be some sticky in this forum if you have only some link to show?

http://www.byterapers.com/~grendel/scan ... Planes.wmv

Cheers,
MPat
Last edited by MPat on 05 Apr 2006 14:21, edited 2 times in total.
MPat
Finland

Postby Esa K on 05 Apr 2006 14:13

Hi MPat.

Nice link...

MPat wrote:"Finnish WW2 Newsreel 1943"

But, I think the film is from 1944, the damaged JU-88, I. Juutilainen entering a Me-109 G-6 and so on, but as said, a great link.

And, the second link, whats needed to wiew it, I only got a page filled with "...£àLÚ2è$4ÓY™2Êe°?ÊßQ)Ù2`õÈï“Úµ0..."

Regards

Esa K
Esa K
Sweden

Postby MPat on 05 Apr 2006 14:15

Hi!

Try to right click on second link and select save as, its just a link to a file that should be playable with basic divx codecs. At least I have not installed anything special.

Only reason why I think some of it is from -43 is that there are wing cannons in Me-109 in one picture. In my understanding they were removed after some testing and not used closer to end of war. Am I wrong about that? Also it can be just gathered up from clips at different times, as you can see that unit Kuhmley is there also.

MPat
MPat
Finland

Postby Esa K on 06 Apr 2006 14:12

Hi.

MPat wrote:Also it can be just gathered up from clips at different times.

Yes, thats my impression to, but I would say the main part of the material is from 1944, as you said, the Kuhlmey stukas and so on... The "Tykki-Mersu" ("Cannon-Mercedes" [Finnish nick for the three 20mm cannon Me109 G´s]) was used sometimes during 1944, IIRC correct Juutilainen and... someone else had kills and claims with the plane with the fittings in question. Theres also in one scene a He-111 :) (the dropping of the bombs) to fullfill the needed dramaturgy in the script/film. Have not my references at hand, and a bit lack of time, but think I could pinpoint in large when every of the filmclips was shot.

Best regards

Esa K
Esa K
Sweden

Postby O.O.D. on 07 Apr 2006 00:43

Those are excellent links. I would like to see more like that.

Esa K wrote:And, the second link, whats needed to wiew it, I only got a page filled with "...£àLÚ2è$4ÓY™2Êe°?ÊßQ)Ù2`õÈï“Úµ0..."

Regards

Esa K

The 2nd link opens with Windows media player.
O.O.D.
United States

Return to Winter War & Continuation War