This is an apolitical forum for discussions on the Axis nations, as well as the First and Second World Wars in general hosted by Marcus Wendel's Axis History Factbook in cooperation with Michael Miller's Axis Biographical Research and Christoph Awender's WW2 day by day.
Neue Photographische Gesellschaft AG 1894-1948
The New Photographic Society was a member organization of photographers founded by Arthur Schwarz. In 1894 their 35 members turned the group into a Limited Corporation. Their members published many real photo postcards and stereo-views, and they manufactured photo paper as well. They also printed real photo cards for other companies such as Rotograph and became the largest manufacturer of bromide postcards in the world. As demand for postcards grew they started publishing artist signed cards as tinted halftones. In 1922 they were taken over by Mimosa who carried on their name until 1948, but their postcard department was incorporated into E.A. Schwerdtfeger, Ltd. who continued producing their cards until the Second World War.
Users browsing this forum: Ahrefs [Bot], CommonCrawl [Bot] and 6 guests