SS Colonel Peiper involved personally in one war Crime?

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
Phil Nix
In memoriam

Re: SS Colonel Peiper involved personally in one war Crime?

Post by Phil Nix » 29 Sep 2009, 12:29

It never ceases to amaze me the way we check whether the rules have been broken by either side just like a football match. Is war better when the rules are followed?? People are still being killed so checking whether the rules have been broken is of no use to the dead. War should be a last resort and when carried out it should be over bas quickly as possible All sides commit 'war crime' but generally only the losers are punished. This of course does not include the Holocaust and other such events
Phil Nix

Sid Guttridge

Post by Sid Guttridge » 29 Sep 2009, 12:51

Hi Guys,

One might similarly ask: "Reich Fuhrer Adolf Hitler involved personally in any warcrime?"

The so called "Holocaust" still happened and there seems no reasonable doubt that Hitler was the ultimate instigator.

He didn't have to throttle anyone personally to achieve this.

Cheers,

Sid.

Dutto1

Post by Dutto1 » 02 Nov 2011, 12:31

Hi AHF,

Sorry for digging this one up again,but i feel i have a relavant question relating to this topic.

Unterscharfuhrer Hans Hillig admitted killing an American POW on Peiper's orders,however Hillig did not receive the Death penalty,is there any evidence that he made a plea bargain to testify against Peiper in return for avoiding the Death penalty ?

Regards

Ron

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”