6 million killed in holocaust? Maybe more?

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
Erik

Post by Erik » 29 Dec 2002, 22:17

Mr Bunch:
There is no disagreement among historians about the facts of the Holocaust.

Mr Smith:
Yes, there is. Hilberg and Goldhagen have very different views on what they think the Holocaust was.
Mr Bunch:
About what caused it, about the extent of the participation by Germans and others, but not about the facts of the Holocaust.

Are you really so intellectually challenged you don't know the difference between simple facts, and interpretations of history?
http://www.thirdreichforum.com/phpBB2/v ... 822#111822

Mr Bunch:
We're talking about the facts which define the event.

Just as no historian denies the facts which define WWII as an event.

The discussion among historians about these events involve interpretions, causes, implications, and occasionally subsidiary issues.

But it is completely false to claim, as deniers do, that the Holocaust is a matter of opinion, or of interpretation, rather than fact.
http://www.thirdreichforum.com/phpBB2/v ... 839#111839

Is God a fact or an interpretation? Is Faith a fact or an interpretation? Are churches/Churches facts or interpretations?

Churches, domes, cathedrals are the “facts” of God to some. They point the way to a God, otherwise they wouldn’t have been built, right?

Or do they point the “way” to a religion?

Well, so what? Religion points the way to God, doesn’t it? And religions interpret Gods. Inside or outside a church/Church, which is a building to some, and an interpretation of God, to others.

Is WWII a fact or an interpretation? “World war”? How about Greenland, Brazil, or Sweden?(etc).

The “fact” of such a term must be interpreted. It doesn’t mean exactly what it says.

“War” then. That’s the fact. Getting shot, gassed, atomized – they’re facts for sure, bud! No interpretations necessary!

Like the facts of the mass executions of civilians in Eastern Europe in the 1940’s :

Mr Thompson wrote:
There have been a large number of WWII war crimes trials in multiple countries over a 50 or 60 year period. In my readings on these trials the following facts have been established:

(1) There are contemporaneous written records, found in German record repositories where such records were to be kept, ordering the mass shootings of civilians in eastern Europe.

(2) There are contemporaneous written records, found in German record repositories where such records were kept, reporting the mass shootings of civilians in eastern Europe.

(3) There are contemporaneous written records, captured from German units in the field, which document these practices.

(4) Persons have admitted under oath to preparing and submitting the reports.

(5) No person who admitted to preparing or submitting the reports later recanted his testimony.

(6) Persons have admitted under oath to ordering or participating in the shootings.

(7) No person who admitted to ordering or participating in the shootings later recanted his testimony.

(8) Persons have admitted under oath to witnessing the shootings as bystanders.

(9) No person who admitted to witnessing the shootings as a bystander later recanted his testimony.

(10) Persons have testified under oath to witnessing the mass shootings as victims.

(11) No person who admitted to witnessing the mass shootings as a victim later recanted his testimony.

(12) There are contemporaneous written records by Germans protesting the mass shootings of civilians by German units.

(13) There are photographs of the mass shootings taking place.

(14) There are motion pictures of the mass shootings taking place.

(15) Persons who admitted to participating in the mass shootings showed authorities where to look for mass graves, and mass graves were found there.

(16) There are photographs of the bodies in mass graves.

(17) Persons have testified under oath that they took the photographs of bodies in the mass graves.

(18) Persons have testified under oath that they dug up the bodies in mass graves.

(19) Forensics experts have testified that they examined the bodies dug up from the mass graves, and the people who had been buried in the graves were shot during the German occupation, by German ammunition.

(20) Courts in the US, UK, West Germany, East Germany, Estonia, Israel, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, USSR, and Yugoslavia have examined the documentary and testimonial evidence and found it conclusive.

(21) No court has ever found or even suggested that the mass executions were the result of some immense international fraudulent scheme, perpetuated by thousands of officials, witnesses and defendants in different countries over two generations.

(22) No defendant in these cases even suggested that the mass executions were the result of some immense international fraudulent scheme, perpetuated by thousands of officials, witnesses and defendants in different countries over two generations.

(23) No defendant has contested the fact that the mass executions took place, although many have denied being involved in them.

The mass execution of civilians in eastern Europe on repeated occasions by German military and police units is a proven fact. Given the massive amount of evidence set described above, "skepticism" on this point is no more than the most ridiculous kind of ignorance. In this case, the skeptic's points do not even rise to the level of Greuelpropaganda. "Skepticism" without any supporting facts, and in the face of an abundance of evidence, is more aptly termed "Droolpropaganda."
http://www.thirdreichforum.com/phpBB2/v ... 928#110928

The “facts” have been emphasized by me (Erik) above. Only points (21) and (22) have been left alone.

Doesn’t any of those “facts” need "interpretations"?

“Decoding”?
Last edited by Erik on 29 Dec 2002, 23:51, edited 1 time in total.

Scott Smith

Post by Scott Smith » 29 Dec 2002, 22:44

Charles Bunch wrote:
Scott Smith wrote:
Charles Bunch wrote:But it is completely false to claim, as deniers do, that the Holocaust is a matter of opinion, or of interpretation, rather than fact.
Nobody is saying that the Holocaust didn't happen. That is a dishonest reductio ad absurdum.
Nonsense. You deny the Nazis intention to exterminate Europe's Jews. You deny the gas chambers which accounted for half the 6 million murdered. You even attempt to minimize the death toll.
No I don't. Perhaps you are confusing me with Hannover.

I question the intent, but there is a whole school of Holo-historians called Functionalists who deny that.

I am skeptical of gaschambers, yes. I do not deny them. I don't have enough evidence to do that. I do deny diesel-gaschambers and diesel gas-vans. I also find the body-disposal rates questionable, as claimed.

I have said many times that I do not quarrel with Hilberg's figures of about five-million. If demographers say that Jews wound-up missing I have no dispute with that; they were wiped-out as a community during the war, and by anti-Jewish policies in general. How many were murdered I don't know. I won't use the canonical six-million figure, a million for each point on the Star of David, or whatever scientific methodology used by atrocity-theologians like Wiesel and Lipstadt.

Call me iconoclastic and stubborn.
:)

Roberto

Post by Roberto » 30 Dec 2002, 18:32

Scott Smith wrote:
Charles Bunch wrote:
Scott Smith wrote:
Charles Bunch wrote:But it is completely false to claim, as deniers do, that the Holocaust is a matter of opinion, or of interpretation, rather than fact.
Nobody is saying that the Holocaust didn't happen. That is a dishonest reductio ad absurdum.
Nonsense. You deny the Nazis intention to exterminate Europe's Jews. You deny the gas chambers which accounted for half the 6 million murdered. You even attempt to minimize the death toll.
Smith does not deny the existence of extermination camps and mass killings in gas chambers?

Boy, that's news.
Scott Smith wrote:I question the intent, but there is a whole school of Holo-historians called Functionalists who deny that.
Baloney, my dear chap.

The Functionalists, as you well know, do not question the intentionality of the killing program.

They differ from the so-called Intentionalists in that they consider the Nazi government's murderous intentions not to have been present from the very start, but to have gradually developed up to the decision to exterminate the Jews of Europe.
Scott Smith wrote:I am skeptical of gaschambers, yes. I do not deny them. I don't have enough evidence to do that.
Why is it that, after more than two years of reading this fellow's writings, I still can't tell the difference between his professed "skepticism" and the quasi-religious ramblings of a true believer?
Scott Smith wrote:I do deny diesel-gaschambers and diesel gas-vans.
Read: "I make a big bloody imbecile fuss about the alleged impossibility of gas chambers or vans having worked with diesel engines, although I still haven't been able to show either a historian or criminal justice authority attributing any importance to this issue or a witness describing the engines of the gas vans or those of the Treblinka gas chambers as diesel engines, and although the most I could reasonably hope to demonstrate would be that such witnesses didn't know a damn thing about engines and probably mistook for a diesel engine what was actually a gasoline engine".
Scott Smith wrote:I also find the body-disposal rates questionable, as claimed.
What you find matters little as long as you have no substantial arguments to support it and cannot otherwise account for the fate of millions of people who, according to documentary evidence corroborated by eyewitness and physical evidence, were murdered at a number of places in Nazi-occupied Poland.
Scott Smith wrote:I have said many times that I do not quarrel with Hilberg's figures of about five-million.
Thanks, that's what I wanted to hear.

Do you also not quarrel with Hilberg's breakdown of the total by causes of death, or do you have a different idea as to how many of them were shot by mobile killing squads, disposed of in extermination camps or otherwise murdered?

In the later case, what would your breakdown be?

Hilberg's breakdown can be read under the following link:

http://holocaust-info.dk/statistics/hillberg_cause.htm
Scott Smith wrote:If demographers say that Jews wound-up missing I have no dispute with that; they were wiped-out as a community during the war, and by anti-Jewish policies in general. How many were murdered I don't know.
Given the existing historiography clearly stating the number of those murdered, "I don't know" is a rather deplorable attitude.

You may accept the assessments of historians, or you may not.

If you don't accept them, you should come up with something better of your own, supported by evidence and reasonable arguments.

But "I don't know" simply sucks.
Scott Smith wrote:I won't use the canonical six-million figure, a million for each point on the Star of David, or whatever scientific methodology used by atrocity-theologians like Wiesel and Lipstadt.
Now what can possibly be so "canonical" about a figure that is at least as well substantiated by demographics and documentary evidence as Hilberg's?

These are the figures compiled by German historian Wolfgang Benz from the various country studies included in his book Dimensionen des Völkermords:

German Reich: 160,000 to 165,000

Austria: 65,459

Luxembourg: 1,200

France ("including foreign nationals"): 76,134

Belgium ("including foreign nationals"): 28, 518

Netherlands: 102,000

Denmark: 116

Norway: 758

Italy: 6,513

Albania: 591 ("deportees")

Greece: 59,185

Bulgaria (deported from Bulgarian-occupied areas): 11,393

Yugoslavia: 60,000 to 65,000

Hungary: 550,000

Chechoslovakia ("Reich Protectorate Bohemia and Moravia" plus Slovakia): 143,000

Romania: 211,214

Poland: 2,700,000

Soviet Union: 2,100,000

Total: 6,276,081 to 6,286,081
Scott Smith wrote:Call me iconoclastic and stubborn.
I wouldn't call you iconoclastic, old boy.

I'd say that, on the contrary, you are a true believer.

In every sense of the term.

viriato

Post by viriato » 30 Dec 2002, 22:07

Roberto, how do you cross the information you gave us about Polish victims, some 4,5 million, of which 2,7 million Jews (I think these were the numbers, I'm stating them from memory) for the pre-war Poland with the numbers of Benz, 2.7 million Jews but for the post-war borders?

Roberto

Post by Roberto » 30 Dec 2002, 23:18

viriato wrote:Roberto, how do you cross the information you gave us about Polish victims, some 4,5 million, of which 2,7 million Jews (I think these were the numbers, I'm stating them from memory)
My memory may be failing me, but I don't remember having given this information.

The only breakdown of Jewish victims throughout Europe I remember to have given is that of Benz et al.

As to non-Jewish victims in Poland, I remember having provided the following information:
Documentation remains fragmentary, but today scholars of independent Poland believe that 1.8 to 1.9 million Polish civilians (non-Jews) were victims of German Occupation policies and the war. This approximate total includes Poles killed in executions or who died in prisons, forced labor, and concentration camps. It also includes an estimated 225,000 civilian victims of the 1944 Warsaw uprising, more than 50,000 civilians who died during the 1939 invasion and siege of Warsaw, and a relatively small but unknown number of civilians killed during the Allies' military campaign of 1944—45 to liberate Poland.
Source:
http://www.ushmm.org/education/resource/poles/poles.pdf

Could it be that you added up the information from both sources to the 4.5 million (2.7 million Jews + 1.8 million non-Jews) that you mention?

Charles Bunch

Post by Charles Bunch » 30 Dec 2002, 23:38

Scott Smith wrote:
Charles Bunch wrote:
Scott Smith wrote:
I admit to the similarities.

Now answer the following questions so we quickly dispense with your dishonesty.

1. Do you accept that Nazi Germany murder Jews in gas chambers at Treblinka?

2. Belzec?

3. Sobibor?

4. Chelmno?

5. Maidanek?

6. Mauthausen?
I question the intent,

No you don't. You deny it.
but there is a whole school of Holo-historians called Functionalists who deny that.
You reveal your utter ignorance of the history once again.

Functionalists do not deny intentionality.
I am skeptical of gaschambers, yes. I do not deny them.

So you deny intentionality and gas chambers! No one is fooled by your "skepticism".
I don't have enough evidence to do that.
You don't have any evidence. And you don't have a better scenario which explains the evidence, nor do any of your cohorts who call themselves revisionists, but have no revisionist history to offer.
I do deny diesel-gaschambers and diesel gas-vans.

Let's add this to the list. This denies the history of Chelmno.
I also find the body-disposal rates questionable, as claimed.
Another major theme of Holocaust denial.
I have said many times that I do not quarrel with Hilberg's figures of about five-million.
But that is just ass covering nonsense!

Let's look at Hilberg's figures.

http://holocaust-info.dk/statistics/hillberg_cause.htm

Ghettorization and general occupation over 800,000
Ghettos in German-ocupied Eastern Europe
over 600,000
Theresienstadt and privation outside of ghettos
Trannistria colonies (Romania and Soviet Jews)
Open Air Shootings 1,300,000
Einsatsgruppen, Higher SS and Police Leaders, Romanian and German armies in mobile operations; shootings in Galicia during deportation; killings of prisoners of war and shootings in Serbia and elsewhere.

Camps up to 3,000,000
German

Death Camps
up to 2,700,000
Auschwitz

Treblinka
up to 750,000

Belsez

Sobibór
up to 200,000

Kulmhof

Lublin

Camps with tolls in the low tens of thousands and or below
Concentration camps (Bergen-Belsen, Buchenwald, Mauthausen, Dachau, Stutthof, and others)

Camps with killing operations (Poniatowa, Trawaniki, Semlin)

Labor camps and transit camps

Romanian

Golta Complex Bessarabian transi camps
Croatian and other
under 50,000
Total

So how can you accept Hilberg's figures if you deny Chelmno, and "doubt" the gas chambers of Auschwitz, Treblinka, Sobibor, Belzec, and Maidanek?
If demographers say that Jews wound-up missing I have no dispute with that; they were wiped-out as a community during the war, and by anti-Jewish policies in general. How many were murdered I don't know. I won't use the canonical six-million figure, a million for each point on the Star of David, or whatever scientific methodology used by atrocity-theologians like Wiesel and Lipstadt.
The six million figure doesn't come from either of them. But this answer demonstrates further your dishonest methods. You here deny the six million.

So you deny intentionality, the six million, diesel gas chambers, and "doubt" gas chambers as a whole.

Call me iconoclastic and stubborn

You are a Holocaust denier!

viriato

Post by viriato » 31 Dec 2002, 00:00

Roberto it seems that your assumption is correct. I mixed up the two sources. BTW how many of the victims that Benz et al. ascribe to the USSR were from the western Belarus and Ukraine and Vilna (pre-war Polish territories)? Do they give any clue?

Scott Smith

Chuckoo Magoo, a Rutgers man?

Post by Scott Smith » 31 Dec 2002, 08:27

Charles Bunch wrote:
Scott Smith wrote:
Charles Bunch wrote:
Scott Smith wrote:

Chuck, you are just making an elitist ass of yourself--perhaps something learned at Bowdoing.
Not proved as far as I'm concerned because the murder-weapon is not established with forensic science, nor the fantastic body-disposal rates with minimal fuel.
2. Belzec?

3. Sobibor?
Same.
4. Chelmno?
Even less evidence, almost apocryphal.
5. Maidanek?
NO. Here we have almost as much physical evidence as at Dachau but we have to keep the story straight, so we can't just say that the gaschambers (actually delousing closets) were never used for homicide. I would be amazed if anybody ever proved mass-gassings here at facilities available intact for inspection.
6. Mauthausen?
Even less convincing than Dachau.
I question the intent,
No you don't. You deny it.
Without proof it is argumentative at best.
but there is a whole school of Holo-historians called Functionalists who deny that.
You reveal your utter ignorance of the history once again.
Let's have some Chuckooin enlightenment then. Don't hold back, now.
They Deny the Intentionalist thesis, Socrates.
I am skeptical of gaschambers, yes. I do not deny them.
So you deny intentionality and gas chambers! No one is fooled by your "skepticism".
I don't care. You don't seem any harder to fool than Mr. Magoo. And he was a Rutgers man.
I don't have enough evidence to do that.
You don't have any evidence. And you don't have a better scenario which explains the evidence, nor do any of your cohorts who call themselves revisionists, but have no revisionist history to offer.
Hannover says, "if it couldn't have happened as alleged then it didn't." I say it might have anyway but it is not proved. If the world's great religions don't have compelling proof of God that doesn't necessarily mean that He doesn't exist. But I'm not going to say that He does exist without compelling evidence, as I am a freethinker--a concept no doubt foreign to you.
I just verified at the library Roberto's quote from Kogon, Langbein, and Rückerl about Renault gasoline trucks at Chelmno. I don't think that diesel engines have ever been claimed there, except in the famous photograph supposedly showing a Gas-Van but actually a Magirus-Deutz (diesel) van, and posted at Holosites like...

http://www.us-israel.org/jsource/Holoca ... ovans.html

...and also published by Gerald Fleming. That still doesn't mean that I find the story believable, Mein Chuck.
I've debated that before. Chuck has been conspicuously absent in debates over technical issues. Roberto admits that he doesn't know anything about technology but that doesn't stop him from arguing his case, and my argument has benefitted from that by seeing the possible objections. Nobody was killed with diesel exhaust and nobody was made into soap. Deal with it Chuckoo.
I have said many times that I do not quarrel with Hilberg's figures of about five-million.
But that is just ass covering nonsense!
You've missed the point again, Chuck. I never said I endorsed Hilberg's figures. I just don't quarrel with them on broad demographic lines. They might have been abducted by flying-saucers for all I know. But they were not killed with diesel exhaust or made into soap.
So how can you accept Hilberg's figures if you deny Chelmno, and "doubt" the gas chambers of Auschwitz, Treblinka, Sobibor, Belzec, and Maidanek?
I never said that I accepted them. I just don't take issue with Hilberg's figure of five-million, largely because it is the closest figure to six-million without actually being six-million. Not hard to understand, really.

Nice try. I really enjoy it when I am portrayed as a sort of Manichean heretic, a "dangerous amateur" as Roberto once said.

See ya' later, Chuckoo.
8)

Last edited by Scott Smith on 31 Dec 2002, 09:05, edited 1 time in total.

chalutzim

Re: Chuckoo Magoo, a Rutgers man?

Post by chalutzim » 31 Dec 2002, 08:44

(...) Hannover says (...)
Scott, who is Hannover?

Scott Smith

Post by Scott Smith » 31 Dec 2002, 09:02

chalutzim wrote:
Scott, who is Hannover?
He posts here: Air Photo Evidence Comments

waffen

antisemitism or disputed history

Post by waffen » 31 Dec 2002, 09:49

come on boys no one denies jews were killed but for fifty years the 6 million has been generally accepted i will not re enter this debate bit too say this 1941 after the invasion of russia is when under the cover of war is when killing jews accellerated and to make the figures stand up is difficult. this means 4200 were sent to there deaths on average per day. but how many claimed compensation????, also the common debate about the cremations is that takes too many hours to burn the bodys in the ovens used,please do NOT TRY TOO TURN THIS SITE INTO A JEW BATING ANTI SEMETIC HOLOCAUST POOR OLD JEW HISTORY LESSON,THIS IS A SITE ABOUT WORLD WAR 2. OVER 10,000 BOOKS ARE AVAILABLE ABOUT THE HOLOCAUST GO VISIT YOUR LOCAL LIBRARY. FOR EVERY BOOK PUBLISHED THERE IS 10 TO 1 HOLOCAUST TO WAR STORYS. SCOTT KEEP UP YOUR WELL RESEARCHED AND OFTEN VERY INTERESTING THREADS, SINCERLY TOO ALL, JOHN17XXXX....WAFFEN.

chalutzim

Post by chalutzim » 31 Dec 2002, 10:01

Scott, you really think I deserve this?!

imho, it is very unaesthetic. But I thank you anyway, maybe the content is better. I thought 'WMF' (Windows metafile) was dead:
The war on campus is the struggle between those who support the ideal of intellectual freedom for everyone, even with regard to the Holocaust Question and the U.S./Israeli alliance, and those who support intellectual freedom for some but not others.

This free newsletter, THE WAR ON CAMPUS, will be the record of what I do to take my book Break His Bones: The Private Life of a Holocaust Revisionist to college campuses and elsewhere.

At the same time THE WAR ON CAMPUS will be a record of what the Holocaust Industry, together with the professorial class and other Israeli-firsters, both on and off campus, do to black-list Bones and its author.

A LITTLE HISTORY: In the 1960s I was a bookseller on Hollywood Boulevard. When I refused to stop selling Henry Miller’s Tropic Of Cancer I was arrested, jailed, tried and convicted of having committed a thought crime -- distributing a book censored by the State.

I became a thought criminal for the second time in the 1980s when I wrote that I was going to encourage an open debate on the German gas-chamber stories.

I don’t believe in thought crimes. I do believe in the ideal of intellectual freedom. Why not come along and watch what happens as I submit advertisements for this simple book to student newspapers?

The price is right, and you can cancel your FREE sub with a click of your mouse.

-- Bradley

Note: This page is under construction and several days may pass before you begin receiving your first updates.
@ http://www.breakhisbones.com/ by The advisor Bradley Smith.

Hélas... Like our french fellows says. We always will respect what the decrepit minds have to say, anyway. And Erza Pound...

Bradley Smith looks like him very much.

Regards and thank you again.

Roberto

Post by Roberto » 31 Dec 2002, 13:19

Scott Smith wrote:
Charles Bunch wrote:
Scott Smith wrote:
Charles Bunch wrote:
Scott Smith wrote: Nobody is saying that the Holocaust didn't happen. That is a dishonest reductio ad absurdum.

Chuck, you are just making an elitist ass of yourself--perhaps something learned at Bowdoing.
Not proved as far as I'm concerned because the murder-weapon is not established with forensic science, nor the fantastic body-disposal rates with minimal fuel.
And why on earth would it be necessary to establish the details of the murder weapon?

Are they necessary in this case to determine the occurrence and nature of the crime, the identity of the criminals, their actions and their guilt?

No, they are not, so cut out the crap.

As to the "fantastic body-disposal rates with minimal fuel", they are "fantastic" only if you apply "Revisionist" mathematics, as we have seen on a thread of the old forum.

As to "forensic science", even what little we know about its application from the reports of the Polish Central Commission for the Investigation of German Crimes in Poland seems to leave you mute. This commission, as you may remember, discovered ashes, bone fragments and other partial remains all over an area of more than 20,000 square meters, buried to a depth of 7.5 meters. For some reason Smith has never dared to forward calculations that would demonstrate why, say, the 713,555 Jews from the General Government transported to Treblinka until 31.12.1942, according to Höfle's report to Heim of 11 January 1943 (hereinafter referred to as the Höfle memo), could not have been accomodated in the burial space that can be calculated on the basis of these cornerstone data.
There are also other traces. For example, in the north-eastern part, over a surface covering about 2 ha. (5 acres),
there are large quantities of ashes mixed with sand, among which are numerous human bones, often with the remains of decomposing tissues.

As a result of an examination made by an expert it was found that ashes were the remains of burnt human bones. The examination of numerous human skulls found in the camp has shown that they bear no traces of external injuries. Within a radius of several hundred yards from the camp site an unpleasant smell of burnt ash and decay is noticeable, growing stronger as one approaches.
From the report by the Central Commission for Investigation of German Crimes in Poland. Warsaw, 1946

Source:
http://www.ess.uwe.ac.uk/genocide/gcpoltreb1.htm
In the area where the gas chambers were supposed to have been located, the commission's team of 30 excavation workers reportedly found human remains, partially in the process of decay, and an unspecified amount of ash. Untouched sandy soil was reached at 7.5 meters, at which point the digging was halted. An accompanying photograph of an excavated pit reveals some large bones. (note 63)

Poland's Central Commission for Investigation of German Crimes reported that large quantities of ashes mixed with sand, among which are numerous human bones, often with the remains of decomposing tissues, were found in the five acre (two hectare) burial area during an examination of the site shortly after the end of the war. (note 64)
The investigations by the Central Commission as referred to in an article by "Revionists" Mark Weber and Andrew Allen (nice shot in the foot, gentlemen).

Source:
http://www.nizkor.org/ftp.cgi/camps/ftp ... linka.9605
Scott Smith wrote:
2. Belzec?

3. Sobibor?
Same.
Well, regarding Belzec we also have an archaeological investigation more recent than that of the Central Commission for the Investigation of German Crimes in Poland, the key data of which can be viewed online under the following links:

http://www.nizkor.org/ftp.cgi/camps/ftp ... enza_II.98

http://www.nizkor.org/ftp.cgi/camps/ftp ... enza_VI.98

http://www.nizkor.org/ftp.cgi/camps/ftp ... lusions.98

On the basis of the above data contained in the archaeological report, I have made the following calculations:

Grave No.; Length (m); Width (m); Area (m2); Depth (m); Volume (m3); Number of Bodies

1; 40.00; 11.00; 440.00; 5.00; 2,200.00; 17,600
2; 15.00; 5.00; 75.00; 2.00; 150.00; 1,200
3; 20.00; 15.00; 300.00; 5.00; 1,500.00; 12,000
4; 20.00; 8.00; 160.00; 5.00; 800.00;
5; 35.00; 15.00; 525.00; 5.00; 2,625.00; 21,000
6; 33.00; 14.00; 462.00; 5.00; 2,310.00; 18,480
7; 30.00; 14.00; 420.00; 5.00; 2,100.00; 16,800
8; 30.00; 14.00; 420.00; 5.00; 2,100.00; 16,800
9; 10.00; 10.00; 100.00; 2.00; 200.00;
10; 25.00; 20.00; 500.00; 5.00; 2,500.00; 20,000
11; 11.00; 9.00; 99.00; 2.00; 198.00;
12; 20.00; 28.00; 560.00; 4.00; 2,240.00; 17,920
13; 5.00; 5.00; 25.00; 5.00; 125.00;
14; 70.00; 30.00; 2,100.00; 3.00; 6,300.00 50,400
15; 12.00; 7.00; 84.00; 2.00; 168.00;
16; 20.00; 8.00; 160.00; 4.00; 640.00;
17; 16.00; 8.00; 128.00; 3.50; 448.00;
18; 15.00; 10.00; 150.00; 2.00; 300.00;
19; 14.00; 8.00; 112.00; 3.50; 392.00;
20 30.00; 10.00; 300.00; 5.00; 1,500.00; 12,000
21 7.00; 7.00; 49.00; 2.00; 98.00;
22 27.00; 10.00; 270.00; 3.50; 945.00;
23; 10.00; 7.00; 70.00; 4.20; 294.00; 2,352
24 ?; ?; 0,00; 4.80; ?;
?
25; 14.00; 8.00; 112.00; 3.00; 336.00;
26; 9.00; 9.00; 81.00; 4.20; 340.20;
27; 10.00; 4.00; 40.00; 2.00; 80.00;
28; 5.00; 5.00; 25.00; 5.00; 125.00;
29; 30.00; 10.00; 300.00; 2.00; 600.00;
30; 10.00; 4.00; 40.00; 4.00; 160.00;
31; 10.00; 5.00; 50.00; 4.00; 200.00;
32; 15.00; 5.00; 75.00; 4.00; 300.00;
33; 5.00; 5.00; 25.00; 3.00; 75.00;

TOTALS (without grave no. 24):
Area: 8,257.00 square meters
Volume: 32,349.20 cubic meters

Estimated number of corpses: 258,794

Where data as to the depth of the graves were not given, I assumed the lowest depth found in the other graves, i.e. ca. 2 meters. The data provided for grave no. 24, on the other hand, are too vague to allow for assumptions regarding its length and width:
Grave No. 24. A narrow trench near the N fence and next to the E corner of grave No. 14. Contains burnt human remains to a depth of 4.80 m.

which is why there are question marks in regard to these data and the volume of the grave in the above list.

In order to establish the number of dead bodies prior to burning, I multiplied the volume of the pits in cubic meters with an average that even "Revisionist" gurus consider appropriate, i.e. 8 bodies per cubic meter.

The resulting total of 258,794 bodies is 175,714 bodies below the figure of 434,508 deportees to Belzec indicated in the Höfle memo. There are several possible explanations for the delta:

1) The 1997/98 archaeological investigation failed to discover all the burial facilities of the camp and there are mass graves that have still not been found.

2) The capacity of the pits was stretched by the procedure of “top down” burning. There are several indications supporting this assumption. Grave no. 10, for instance, is described as follows:
Grave No. 10. One of the largest mass graves in the camp, lies 15 m. N of the monument/mausoleum and measures 25 m. x 20 m. At depth 4 m. a 80 cm thick layer of human fat was found below which lay unburnt human remains and pieces of unburnt large human bones. The drill core brought to the surface several lumps of foul smelling fatty tissue still in a state of decomposition, mixed with greasy lime.

Source of quote:

http://www.nizkor.org/ftp.cgi/camps/ftp ... enza_VI.98

The presence of human remains underneath the layer of human fat actually indicates that burning in this grave was done in the way suggested, i.e. “top down”, thus not reaching the lower layers of corpses which remained unburned and covered by the fat flowing out of the corpses burnt above them.

The question now is, why and when was this method used? Was this the way in which the large-scale burning of bodies dug out from the mass graves, described before German courts by former members of the SS staff such as Heinrich Gley, was carried out?

Hardly so. Evidence points to the following possibilities:

i) It was an initial attempt at erasing the physical traces of the crimes, which was reckoned to be ineffective and thus replaced by the more efficient method of burning the bodies upon grids made of railroad tracks laid on concrete blocks, using brushwood drenched with fuel placed underneath the grid.

ii) The “top down” burning occurred before it was decided to erase the traces of all the corpses, and its purpose was to “downsize” the contents of the mass graves in order to make room for further bodies.

Alternative i) is suggested by Tregenza in his analysis of the report:
* Evidence of the subsequent failed attempt at cremating corpses in graves may be found in the small graves near the N fence, Nos. 27, 28 and 32, in which a layer of burnt human remains and pieces of carbonized wood. The bottom of each of these graves is lined with a layer of human fat.

http://www.nizkor.org/ftp.cgi/camps/ftp ... lusions.98

I have found no eyewitness depositions indicating such a “failed attempt” at Belzec in the few sources at my disposal, which of course doesn’t necessarily mean that there are no such depositions. Evidence to a trial-and-error approach at Treblinka, on the other hand, is provided by the testimonial of Ya'akov Wiernik at the Eichmann trial:
Q. The burning of the bodies — was it always in the manner in which you described it, or was it perhaps in crematoria, inside buildings?
A. Until the end of 1942, they did not burn those who had been gassed, but they would bury them in enormous pits. The bodies were placed inside. Only at the beginning of 1943 did they make various experiments of how to burn them, and they did not succeed. The a certain Scharführer arrived, an SS man, and he brought this model for the grids, and he always used to stand near the fire and shout: "Tadellos, tadellos!" (perfect, perfect!).
Q. And were they burned only in this way?
A. Yes. This is the way they burned them.

Source of quote:
http://www.ukar.org/eichma02.shtml

It seems plausible that similar unsuccessful experiments, followed by the successful adoption of the grids method, were carried out at Belzec.

As to alternative ii), we have the deposition of Dr. Wilhelm Pfannenstiel, who described his visit to Belzec on 18./19. August 1942 at a trial in Munich in 1961. His deposition, transcribed on pages 173 and 174 of Kogon/Langbein/Rückerl, Nationalsozialistische Massentötungen durch Giftgas, contains the following statement:
Nachdem in den Kammern Stille eingetreten war, wurden die an der Außenwand der Gebäudes angebrachten Türen geöffnet. Durch diese wurden die Leichen von jüdischen Häftlingen herausgeschafft und in große Gruben geworfen. In diesen Gruben wurden die Leichen verbrannt.
My translation:
After it had become silent in the chambers, the doors on the building’s outer walls were opened. Through these the corpses were taken out by Jewish inmates and thrown into huge pits. In these pits the corpses were burned.

If Pfannenstiel got the time of his visit to Belzec right, this means that the bodies were being burned in the pits into which they were thrown in August of 1942. While this is borne out by the above described physical evidence, which suggests a “top down” burning using wood and tar paper in the pits, it is apparently not related to the overall burning of the corpses described by Heinrich Gley, former member of the SS staff of Belzec, at the already mentioned trial in Munich. A translation of Gley’s deposition is provided in Prof. Browning’s expert opinion at the Irving-Lipstadt trial:
As I remember the gassing was stopped at the end of 1942, when there was snow already on the ground. Then the general exhumation and cremation of the corpses began; it might have lasted from November 1942 until March 1943. The cremation was carried out day and night without a break, and indeed at first at one and then later at two fire sites. It was possible to cremate some 2 corpses at one fire site within 24 hours. About 4 weeks after the beginning of the cremation operation the second fire site was constructed. On average, therefore, some 300,000 corpses were cremated at the first site over 5 months, at the second site some 240,000 over 4 months. Naturally this is a matter of estimates based on averages. To figure the total number of corpses at 500,000 could be correct.

While Gley’s estimate on the number of corpses has been recently revealed by the Höfle memo to be a bit too high, his description of the general exhumation and cremation of the corpses is interesting in that it dates the commencement of this procedure to November 1942. This suggests that the burning in the pits in August 1942, described by Pfannenstiel, was not related to the general exhumation and cremation of the corpses but to an attempt to “downsize” the contents of the pits by burning the bodies as far as possible, in order to make room for further bodies.

3) The difference is to be found “somewhere else”.

Alternative 3) immediately raises the question: Where?

Considering that

- there is no evidence whatsoever that people taken to Belzec were taken anywhere else from there;

- the nature and purpose of the camp, and the fate of people transported there, become clearly apparent from the documentary evidence and from the depositions of former members of the SS staff at trials before West German courts;

- there is only a handful of deportees known to have survived Belzec

this alternative must be considered the least probable of the three. I consider alternative 2) to be the most likely possibility, but I wouldn’t rule out alternative 1) either.

Anything about my calculations and considerations that you can demonstrate to be wrong, Mr. True Believer?

Regarding Sobibor we may hear of similar findings in the future. The following press article transcribed by a fellow poster on the old forum points in this direction:
Polish Researchers Find Mass Graves

By ANDRZEJ STYLINSKI, Associated Press Writer

WARSAW, Poland (AP) - Polish researchers said Friday that they have discovered mass graves at Sobibor, a death camp in eastern Poland that was razed by the Nazis after inmates staged an uprising.

Seven mass graves and the sites where several buildings stood were found, said Andrzej Kola, an archaeology professor supervising what he said was the first thorough study of the former camp.

The Nazis, who built the camp in occupied Poland in 1942, razed it in 1943 after an uprising in which inmates killed nine guards and tried to flee.

Three hundred Jews escaped from the camp, but dozens of them were killed in a surrounding mine field and most of the rest were hunted down over subsequent days.

A total of about 50 people who escaped from Sobibor survived World War II. Some 250,000 people, most of them Jews, are believed to have died in the camp.

The research team began drilling around the site over the summer to determine where buildings and graves might have been located, Kola said. The study is sponsored the government.

The drillings provided the initial evidence of mass graves and traces of a long barrack. After further excavation at the building site, researchers uncovered 1,700 bullets in one of its corners, leading them to believe that prisoners were executed there, Kola said.

Researchers also found various objects used by inmates or guards, including metal cups and spoons, watches and binoculars.

Kola said the barrack, located about 70 yards from the mass graves, might have served as a gas chamber, but that further study was necessary. More archaeological research is planned for next year after the ground thaws.

The test drillings and preliminary excavations have been concentrated at former camp No. 3 at Sobibor, which was a death camp. Two other sections were used to imprison slave laborers.

The camp, on Poland's eastern border with Belarus, was turned it into a Holocaust memorial in the 1960s by the Polish government. New memorial plaques, a parking lot and a small exhibition were added in the 1990s.

The government plans to expand the museum at Sobibor, which will include artifacts recovered during the archaeological research.

dailynews.yahoo.com/h/ap/...bor_1.html
From the thread

> Polish Researchers Find Mass Graves
http://pub3.ezboard.com/fskalmanforumfr ... D=91.topic

But then, who said that physical evidence is all that matters?

Historians and criminal justice authorities attribute just as much importance to eyewitness testimonials, the depositions of perpetrators on trial and documentary evidence. Hard though the true believers try to convince themselves that it necessarily takes physical evidence – which can be erased just like any other evidence – to prove the occurrence of a crime, I strongly doubt they have even been able to show a Code of Evidence that supports their beliefs. Just as they have been unable to show any procedural regulation that would make it necessary to exactly identify the murder weapon except to the extent that it provides essential information about the criminal’s identity that cannot be obtained otherwise.
Scott Smith wrote:
4. Chelmno?
Even less evidence, almost apocryphal.
Hollow mumbling. The true believer is invited to have a look at the documentary and eyewitness evidence to the Chelmno killings that I presented on the thread

Chelmno
http://www.thirdreichforum.com/phpBB2/v ... 5929fcb345

and to entertain our esteemed audience with one of his hilarious attempts to explain it away.
Scott Smith wrote:
5. Maidanek?
NO. Here we have almost as much physical evidence as at Dachau but we have to keep the story straight, so we can't just say that the gaschambers (actually delousing closets) were never used for homicide. I would be amazed if anybody ever proved mass-gassings here at facilities available intact for inspection.
Blah, blah, blah. If our ignorant true believer read my posts on this forum with more attention, he would know that the physical evidence of the Majdanek death camp was shown to Western observers long before Dachau was discovered. Thus it was described by British journalist Alexander Werth:
[…]My first reaction to Maidanek was a feeling of surprise. I had imagined something horrible and sinister beyond words. It was nothing like that. It looked singularly harmless from outside. “Is that it?” was my first reaction when we stopped at what looked like a large workers’ settlement. Behind us was the many towered skyline of Lublin. There was much dust on the road, and the grass was a dull, greenish-gray color. The camp was separated from the road by a couple of barbed-wire fences, but these did not look particularly sinister, and might have been put up outside any military or semi-military establishment. The place was large; like a whole town of barracks painted a pleasant soft green. There were many people around - soldiers and civilians. A Polish sentry opened the barbed-wire gate to let our cars enter the central avenue, with the large green barracks on either side. And then we stopped outside a large barrack marked Bad und Desinfektion II. “This,” somebody said, “is where the large numbers of those arriving at the camp were brought in.”
The inside of this barrack was made of concrete, and water taps came out of the wall, and around the room there were benches where the clothes were put down and afterwards collected. So this was the place into which they were driven. Or perhaps they were politely invited to “Step this way, please?” Did any of them suspect, while washing themselves after a long journey, what would happen a few minutes later? Anyway, after the washing was over, they were asked into the next room; at this point even the most unsuspecting must have begun to wonder. For the “next room” was a series of large square concrete structures, each about one-quarter of the size of the bath house, and, unlike it, had no windows. The naked people (men one time, women another time, children the next) were driven or forced from the bath-house into these dark concrete boxes - about five yards square - and then, with 200 or 250 people packed into each box - and it was completely dark in there, except for a small skylight in the ceiling and the spyhole in the door - the process of gassing began. First some hot air was pumped in from the ceiling and then the pretty pale-blue crystals of Cyclon were showered down on the people, and in the hot wet air they rapidly evaporated. In anything from two to ten minutes everybody was dead ... There were six concrete boxes - gas chambers - side by side. “Nearly two thousand people could be disposed of here simultaneously,” one of the guides said.

But what thoughts passed through these people’s minds during the first few minutes while the crystals were falling; could anyone still believe that this humiliating process of being packed into a box and standing there naked, rubbing backs with other naked people, had anything to do with disinfection?

At first it was all very hard to take in, without an effort of the imagination. There were a number of very dull-looking concrete structures which, if their doors had been wider, might anywhere else have been mistaken for a row of nice little garages. But the doors - the doors! They were heavy steel doors, and each had a heavy steel bolt. And in the middle of the door was a spyhole, a circle, three inches in diameter composed of about a hundred small holes. Could the people in their death agony see the SS-man’s eye as he watched them? Anyway, the SS-man had nothing to fear: his eye was well-protected by the steel netting over the spyhole. And like the proud maker of reliable safes, the maker of the door had put his name round the spyhole: “Auert, Berlin”. Then the touch of blue on the floor caught my eye. It was very faint, but still legible. In blue chalk someone had scribbled the word “vergast” and had drawn crudely above it a skull and crossbones. I had never seen this word before, but it obviously meant “gassed” - and not merely “gassed” but, with that eloquent little prefix ver, “gassed out”. That this job finished, and now for the next lot. The blue chalk came into motion when there was nothing but a heap of naked corpses inside. But what cries, what curses, what prayers perhaps had been uttered inside that gas chamber only a few minutes before? Yet the concrete walls were thick, and Herr Auert had done a wonderful job, so probably no one could hear anything from outside. And even if they did, the people in the camp knew what it was all about.
It was here, outside Bad und Desinfektion II, in the side-lane leading into the central avenue, that the corpses were loaded into lorries, covered with tarpaulins, and carted to the crematorium at the other end of the camp, about half a mile away. Between the two there were dozens of barracks, painted the same soft green. Some had notice-boards outside, others had not. Thus, there was an Effekten Kammer and a Frauen-Bekleidungskammer; here the victims’ luggage and the women’s clothes were sorted out, before they were sent to the central Lublin warehouse, and then on to Germany.

At the other end of the camp, there were enormous mounds of white ashes; but as you looked closer, you found that they were not perfect ashes: for they had among them masses of small human bones: collar bones, finger bones, and bits of skull, and even a small femur, which can only have been that of a child. And, beyond these mounds there was a sloping plain, on which there grew acres an acres of cabbages. They were large luxuriant cabbages, covered with a layer of white dust. As I heard somebody explaining: “Layer of manure, then layer of ashes, that’s the way it was done ... These cabbages are all grown on human ashes ... The SS-men used to cart most of the ashes to their model farm, some distances away. A well-run farm; the SS-men liked to eat these overgrown cabbages, and the prisoners ate these cabbages, too, although they knew that they would almost certainly be turned into cabbages themselves before long...”
Next we came to the crematorium. It was a great big structure of six enormous furnaces and above them rose a large factory chimney. The wooden structure that used to cover the crematorium, as well as the adjoining wooden house, where Obersturmbannführer Mussfeld, the “Director of the Crematorium” used to live, had been burned down. Mussfeld had lived there among the stench of burned and burning bodies, and took a personal interest in the proceedings. But the furnaces stood there, large, enormous. There were still piles of coke on the one side; on the other side were the furnace doors where the corpses went in ... The place stank, not violently, but it stank of decomposition. I looked down. My shoes were white, with human dust, and the concrete floor around the ovens was strewn with parts of charred human skeletons. Here was a whole chest with its ribs, here a piece of skull, here a lower jaw with a molar on either side, and nothing but sockets in between. Where had the false teeth gone? To the side of the furnaces was a large high concrete slab, shaped like an operating table. Here a specialist - a medical man perhaps? - examined every corpse before it went into the oven, and extracted any gold fillings, which were then sent to Dr. Walter Funk at the Reichsbank ...
Somebody was explaining the details of the whole mechanism: the furnaces were made of fireproof brick, and the temperature had always to be maintained at 1,700º centigrade; and there was an engineer called Tellener who was an expert in charge of maintaining the right temperature. But the corroded condition of some of the doors showed that the temperature had been increased above normal to make the corpses burn more quickly. The normal capacity of the installation was 2,000 corpses a day, but sometimes there were more corpses than that to deal with, and there were some special days, like the great Jew-extermination day of November 3, 1943, when 20,000 people - men, women and children - were killed; it was impossible to gas them all that day; so most of them had been shot and buried in a wood some distance away. On other occasions many corpses were burned outside the crematorium funeral pyres soaked in petrol; these pyres would smolder for weeks and fill the air with a stench...
Standing in front of the great crematorium, with human remains scattered on the ground, one began to listen to all these details with a kind of dull indifference. The “industrial report” was becoming unreal in its enormity ...
Source of quote:

Alexander Werth, Russia at War 1941-1945, 2000 Caroll & Graf Publishers New York, pages 878 and following.

Werth also speaks of the skepticism that his reports were initially met with:
[…]“Unbelievable” it was: when I sent the BBC a detailed report on Maidanek in August 1944, they refused to use it; they thought it was a Russian propaganda stunt, and it was not till the discovery in the west of Buchenwald, Dachau and Belsen that they were convinced that Maidanek and Auschwitz were also genuine ...

[…]

The press and radio in the West were still skeptical. Typical was the BBC’s refusal to use my story, as was also this comment of the New York Herald Tribune at the time:

“Maybe we should wait for further corroboration of the horror story that comes from Lublin. Even of top of all we have been taught of the maniacal Nazi ruthlessness, this example sounds inconceivable ...
The picture presented by American correspondents requires no comment except that, if authentic, the regime capable of such crimes deserves annihilation.”[…]
So instead of Majdanek being matched to the “story” of Dachau, as true believers would have it, the fact is that the reality of Majdanek was only accepted in the West after British and American troops had come upon places like Buchenwald, Dachau and Bergen-Belsen.
Scott Smith wrote:
6. Mauthausen?
Even less convincing than Dachau.
Just how convincing do you think your empty “vade retro” protestation are, Mr. Smith?

The horrors of the Mauthausen concentration camp, including but not limited to its gas chamber, are described on the web site of the Mauthausen Memorial under

http://www.mauthausen-memorial.gv.at/en ... ichte.html

Skipping some nonsensical Smithsonian platitudes, I move to the part where
Scott Smith wrote:
They Deny the Intentionalist thesis, Socrates.
and ask: What is the Intentionalist thesis about, wise guy?

I also skip the verbal manure that follows and go to where the true believer mentions my name:
Scott Smith wrote:
I just verified at the library Roberto's quote from Kogon, Langbein, and Rückerl about Renault gasoline trucks at Chelmno. I don't think that diesel engines have ever been claimed there,
Wow, Mr. Smith looked up a source of historiography for a change, and found that it left no room for his diesel nonsense.

That’s what I call progress, old boy.

Just one thing: when I provide a quote, you don’t need to “verify” it. You can trust me to quote correctly. I’m not a “Revisionist”, after all.
Scott Smith wrote:
I've debated that before.
Very unsuccessfully, as usual. Xanthro’s knowledge of animal corpse disposal by fire buried quite a few “Revisionist” lies in that discussion, if I well remember.
Scott Smith wrote:has been conspicuously absent in debates over technical issues.
The relevance of which Smith hasn’t yet been able to explain. Just what would the technical implausibility of a given killing or body disposal method (assuming you could demonstrate it) tell us, other than that the witnesses who described such method may have been mistaken about certain details?
Scott Smith wrote:Roberto admits that he doesn't know anything about technology but that doesn't stop him from arguing his case,
Quite successfully so, I would say. Which is not surprising given that Smith’s technical nonsense is transparent even to a layman and, even worse, he has never been able to explain just what relevance his “technical arguments” are supposed to have.
Scott Smith wrote:and my argument has benefitted from that by seeing the possible objections.
What shall we call the above? Wishful thinking, or smiling through broken teeth?
Scott Smith wrote:Nobody was killed with diesel exhaust
If so, then the killing agent was gasoline exhaust, and witnesses who described it as diesel were mistaken about the type of engine.

Big deal.

And then, Smith’s “technical arguments” keep stumbling over his inability to explain why it would have been impossible to make diesel exhaust sufficiently toxic by increasing the engine’s fuel supply and/or restricting it's air intake.

Poor show.
Scott Smith wrote:and nobody was made into soap.
While there is some evidence to isolated soap-making experiments at the Danzig Anatomical Institute that “Revisionist” howlers have never been able to refute, I will never understand why it should be relevant whether and to what extent such corpse abuse occurred, when the issue is the brutal mass murder of millions of people.

The hilarious self-contradictions in the next two paragraphs of Smith’s post I let the audience enjoy uncommented, and move right to the final statement:
Scott Smith wrote:Nice try. I really enjoy it when I am portrayed as a sort of Manichean heretic, a "dangerous amateur" as Roberto once said.
If I well remember, I once referred that saying (“Professionals are predictable. It’s the amateurs who are dangerous.”) to myself, but never to Smith.

And for good reason.

He’s just a joke, a useful idiot whose ramblings keep giving me opportunities to show the newcomers to this forum just what a compilation of lies and imbecility “Revisionism” is.

For which I will always be grateful to Mr. Smith.

Roberto

Post by Roberto » 31 Dec 2002, 13:37

Scott Smith wrote:
chalutzim wrote:
Scott, who is Hannover?
He posts here: Air Photo Evidence Comments

I'm told he actually runs that temple of the faithful, where it's quite interesting to find some posters of our forum other than the "usual suspects".

It’s also good to see that this fundamentalist of “Revisionist” baloney at least had enough common sense to heed the warning I sent him before Christmas, after a true believer whipped on our forum went crying about me to daddy:
I'm not interested in communication with you either, but I was informed that you and your fellow Jew-eaters/Hitler-kissers are talking about me on the thread

http://air-photo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=80

of your hilarious website.

Talking about people behind their backs is nothing that I would put beyond you "Revisionist" freaks, of course. As I'm not that kind of fellow, here's where you can find my commentary to your ramblings:

http://www.thirdreichforum.com/phpBB2/v ... 2&start=20

My invitation is meant in earnest. If you think you can survive with stuff like

<<Yep, so smart that he believes in allegations which defy laws of science.

So smart that he believes in the absurd alleged "confessions" of commandant Hoess which make no sense, and were acquired by torture.

So smart that he believes that the complete lack of physical evidence for the alleged murders 6,000,000 Jews and alleged 6,000,000 'others' doesn't matter.

So smart that he believes that the Nuremberg trials were fair trials, where, as the Nuremberg charter states ..."The Tribunal shall not be bound by technical rules of evidence"

All this after he has been shown better information. Smart, but yet the guy believes in nonsense, okay.

- Hannover>&g! t;

outside your own online Führerbunker, where as a moderator you can delete any post that gets you into trouble, come out to the Third Reich Forum and try to sell your articles of faith to folks more critical than your fellow true believers.

If you’d rather stay at home, at least have the decency of refraining from commentaries about people who are not participating in your forum, and tell your guests to do the same.

I’ll be watching you, pal, so better see to it that I don’t come upon such crap again.

A reply to this is not required. Any reply that I consider particularly entertaining, on the other hand, will be published on the Third Reich Forum.

Best regards,

Roberto

"v. Hannover" <[email protected]> wrote:

Please stop sending me e-mail. I do not want any communication with you.

– vH
Would you please inform Hannover of this post of mine, Mr. Smith?

I’m not the kind who talks about people behind their backs, you know, and it would save me the work of sending him a “thought you might be interested” – message.

P.S.
Roberto wrote: It’s also good to see that this fundamentalist of “Revisionist” baloney at least had enough common sense to heed the warning I sent him before Christmas, after a true believer whipped on our forum went crying about me to daddy:
Well, not quite. He's even more stupid than I thought, for on 24.12. he produced this junk:
Hannover wrote:This is a nice example of the tactics that the desperate will resort to.

See Roberto ('Cortagravatas') from the Third Reich Forum shown the door with his fraudulent assertion of a German patent that could cremate a corpse with 3.5 kg of coke, a scientific impossibilty.

No wonder they stopped debating Revisionists. The 3.5 kg per corpse nonsense is critical to their lies. It's the only way they can rationalize the coke shipments vs. their unsubstantiated assertions of the number of Jews allegedly murdered and then cremated. The whole thing doesn't hold up; not by a long shot. And they know it.

Have a look, very informative.

Follow this mercifully short thread from the former CODOH bbs:

http://www.codoh.org/dcforum/DCForumID7/493.html

- Hannover
Source of quote:

http://air-photo.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... f96455ec06

Which reminds me of the following post of mine on the mentioned Codoh thread that was retained by the moderator:
1. The crematoria at Auschwitz and Birkenau were not typical cremation ovens, but heavy-duty industrial ovens designed to run continuously, using the heat energy produced by the burning of previous bodies to keep the oven hot for the next bodies. After they were fired with coke to their proper operating temperature, they required little or no extra fuel to operate. A considerable but well-documented technical achievement. The cremation unit that one muffle was supposed to handle in a given time was a weight unit, which means that one or several persons adding up to that weight unit could be put into each muffle simultaneously without increasing the cremation time. Unlike in crematoria ovens used for civilian purposes, there was no need to wait for one body to have cremated completely. The practice actually was to put the next body or bodies in the muffle before the cremation process of the previous was complete.
2. The patent application was for multi-muffle ovens similar to those supplied for Auschwitz-Birkenau and working according to the same principles, the outstanding features of the patent being:
i) the method of employing fat corpses to speed up the rate at which corpses could be burned and
ii) the fact that no fuel was required after the initial pre-heating period, because of the amount of heat generated by the burning corpses.
This was how the manufacturers described their own product in a patent application. The use of the ovens, as described by eyewitness Henryk Tauber, coincides with this description:
"<…>
The corpses of ... wasted people with no fat burned rapidly in the side muffles and slowly in the center one. Conversely the corpses of people gassed on arrival, not being wasted, burned better in the center muffle. During the incineration of such corpses, we used the coke only to light the fire of the furnace initially, for fatty corpses burned of their own accord thanks to the combustion of the body fat.
<…>"
Tauber also mentioned that when a “fat” body "was charged into a hot furnace, fat immediately began to flow into the ash bin, where it caught fire and started the combustion of the body." Similar descriptions of the burning process were made by Filip Müller and camp commander Rudolf Höß.
The fire thus actually needed no tending of its own, in accordance with the description in the patent application, external fuel supply (coke) being required only to heat up the oven.
3. Several witnesses testified to the placing of two or three bodies at a time in each muffle being not occasional attempts, but standard procedure. Sonderkommando Filip Müller stated that three or four could be incinerated at a time. Sonderkommando Szlama Dragon testified that three bodies were incinerated at a time. Two prisoners who escaped in April 1944, whose report was based on information received from Sonderkommandos, stated that three bodies would be burned at a time. Mieczyslaw Morawa, a worker in the crematoria, testified that tests done on the Birkenau crematoria before they became fully operational showed that three bodies could be simultaneously burned in a period of 40 minutes in each of the 15 ovens in Krema II. He stated that these tests were conducted with a stopwatch by the SS. The latter testimonial suggests that, while multiple burnings may take longer than single burnings (40 minutes vs. 25 minutes, taking the Gusen figures for single burnings), the time taken by the former is by no means the time taken by the latter multiplied by the number of bodies. Morawa’s testimonial also points to the plausibility of the burning speed calculated on the basis of the already mentioned Bauleitung document.

4. As we have seen, the manufacturers’ patent application and the testimonials of surviving crematoria operators mention external heating by coke to have been necessary only at the beginning of the cremation process, never thereafter. There is no evidence that additional external heating was required at the end of the cremation process to complete it – the fuel supplied by the bodies themselves seems to have been enough. Additional external heating at the end of the cremation process may be a concern in crematoria for conventional body disposal in civilian life. It is not a concern with heavy-duty industrial furnaces burning large numbers of bodies on a continuous basis.
5. The scientific data from the British Cremation Society obviously refer to conventional crematoria, not to heavy-duty industrial furnaces. However, they show that even with conventional furnaces, most of the cremation is complete after 30 minutes (the body reduced to the size of a football), which means that the next body or bodies can be introduced before the first has been fully cremated. The instructions for the Topf double muffle furnaces at Gusen envisaged that a body would be added into the oven during the last twenty minutes that it took to fully cremate the corpse that had been previously inserted, and there is evidence that this procedure was applied both at the Gusen and AB crematoria. Add to that the above mentioned practice of introducing several bodies at a time in certain combinations at the AB crematoria, and the average of 15 minutes indicated in the Bauleitung document appears far more compatible with the data from the British Cremation Society than it seems at first glance.

6. I know of no indication that the letter from the Bauleitung dated June 28, 1943 is a forgery. Who is the forger supposed to have been, when and how is the forgery supposed to have been made? The same applies to the information on the fuel efficiency of the triple and eight muffle ovens provided to the Bauleitung by Topf on March 17, 1943, where it is estimated that, if used on a continuous basis, the three muffle ovens of Kremas II and III would each use 2,800 kilograms of coke in a period of twelve hours, whereas the eight muffle ovens of Kremas IV and V would use only 1,120 kilograms of coke in the same period.
7. Adding the fuel consumption of the four crematoria according to Topf’s above mentioned memo (2 x 2,800 + 2 x 1,120 = 7,840 kg) and dividing that figure by the number of people that could be cremated in a twelve hour period according to the Bauleitung letter of June 28, 1943(4,416 ./. 2 = 2,208), which seems to be realistic according to the above, we arrive at an average of 3.5507 kg of coke per body. The result of a remarkable technical achievement by the manufacturers, acknowledged as such by the AB Bauleitung.

[Posted on CODOH on 27-06-2001 at 18:56 hours Portuguese continental time].

[Re-posted on CODOH on 28-06-2001 at 09:06 hours Portuguese continental time].

From the thread

> Open debate? (continuation)
http://pub3.ezboard.com/fskalmanforumfr ... =205.topic

No wonder the Codoh thread was so “mercifully short”.

Why, our readers may wonder, do these freaks censor their opponents’ posts, if they’re so sure of the imbecility they proclaim?

As to "they" (whoever is meant by that) having stopped debating "Revisionists", would you please ask the fellow once again when he intends to step out of his online Führerbunker and try to sell his junk in the real world?

Or would he prefer to put up the sorry Codoh censorship show on his own forum, as Hans tells us he has done already?

For if the mountain doesn't come to the prophet, the prophet may feel like going to the mountain, even though I think it harms the true believers more if you just let them exchange their nonsense with each other until they get bored of it, a position supported by the closing of the Codoh forum and our fellow poster Wilf's comment on the a.m. "Air Photo" thread:
neugierig wrote:I agree. We need the Max's and the Roberto's to stimulate the debate, it keeps us sharp and makes us think.
On the other board we had a pretty good discussion about Nürnberg, 'till it was shut down. It's also hypocritical to demand freedom of speech and than ban members who diagree with us.
Just my one cent worth.
Just to see how long Hannover lasts without having to resort to deleting my posts.
Last edited by Roberto on 31 Dec 2002, 14:52, edited 5 times in total.

Marcus_Sweden

holocaust

Post by Marcus_Sweden » 31 Dec 2002, 13:54

honestly spoke, and this is NOT denying or anything like that., We really can't be sure what excatly did happen and how many were killed. like the old saying goes "the first casuality of war is always the truth". i dunno...it's just such a grey area if you ask me....in the beginning it was sime extraordinary figure and over the years it's gotten lower and lower...i've seen as many ints with survivig jews etc that say they say nothing.

hehe it's the kennedy assination all over again...who knows what happened? doubt we'll ever know what excatly did go on...

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”