J.E.Feenstra

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
ansata1976

J.E.Feenstra

Post by ansata1976 » 24 Jan 2009, 17:46

Can someone give me more informations about J.E.Feenstra. I know only that he was executed in the Netherlands and that he was maybe member of the SD or police.

W.Vermeer

Re: J.E.Feenstra

Post by W.Vermeer » 26 Jan 2009, 00:00

Excecuted on 29th August 1946.
Feenstra was Marechaussee commandant (sort of Military Police) in Gelderland who was excecuted for collaboration with the German occupying forces or having tortured resistance fighters that were imprisoned.
No other details known by me at this moment.

ansata1976

Post by ansata1976 » 26 Jan 2009, 01:06

How is his whole name?

W.Vermeer

Post by W.Vermeer » 26 Jan 2009, 11:12

His whole name is not known to me. For this one needs to research the trial papers. Perhaps someone else has the opportunity. I shall try and ask somewhere else for you.

ansata1976

Post by ansata1976 » 26 Jan 2009, 18:10

Thank you. maybe you know more about:
Kaptein, C.J. (21 juli 1949)
Koot, F.W. (24 november 1949)
Lamberts, J. (16 november 1949)
Meyer, F.H. (28 maart 1947)
Mollis, W.C. (4 februari 1949)
Rollema, G. (6 februari 1947)
Sanner, G.H. (1 mei 1947)
Suykerbuyk, J. (12 maart 1949)

I need reason for sentence, rank, position in the Netherlands and place of birth.

W.Vermeer

Post by W.Vermeer » 29 Jan 2009, 10:54

On Feenstra I have the following data:
Bijzonder Gerechtshof at Arnhem against Jacob Eduard Feenstra, living in Arnhem, detained at "Avegoor", Ellecom, majoor der Cavalerie b.d.
Convicted dd.22.02.1946 "In the duration of the past war having deliberately imprisoned or let imprisoned another hiself or by the enemy (which resulted in imrpisonment for more than one month or death) and aiding the enemy during wartime. Sentenced to death beceause the defendend is a former high ranking officer of the Dutch army.

Hope you can read Dutch, above was free translation of the Dutch report:
Bijzonder Gerechtshof te Arnhem tegen Jacob Eduard Feenstra,wonende te Arnhem,gedetineerd te "Avegoor",Ellecom,majoor der Cavalerie b.d.
Vonnis dd.22.02.1946 "Gedurende de tijd van de huidige oorlog opzettelijk een ander blootstellen aan vrijheidsberoving door of vanwege de vijand(hetgeen vrijheidsberoving van langer dan een maand resp.de dood tengevolge heeft gehad)resp.opzettelijk in tijd van oorlog de vijand hulp verlenen.Motivering der opgelegde doodstraf o.a. i.v.m.het feit dat verdachte oud Hoofdofficier van het Nederlandse leger is.Voort ontneming van beide kiesrechten (Geen verlof cassatie in te stellen).
Zie ook:standaardwerk de Jong,Politierapport 1940-1945 van H.Kraaijenbrink.

In a few days I hope to receive the full sentence text.
Another piece of data on Feenstra:
Gegevens uit het Politiek Opsporingsregister No. 7, November 1945:
FEENSTRA, J.E.; Tooropkade 18, Arnhem. (Hil.).
De aanduiding "Hil." betekent dat de POD te Hilversum de zaak in behandeling had.

Meaning:
Information from the Police Searchregistre No 7
Then name and adress
The adding "Hil." means that the Police Search Service in Hinlversum is active in the case.

W.Vermeer

Post by W.Vermeer » 29 Jan 2009, 10:59

On the other persons at this moment I only have:
Suykerbuyk: NSKK'er, Motor-WA, (Truckdrivers that served with the Germans)
wegens afpersing, diefstal, poging tot moord en moord. Werkte samen met twee andere mannen. Deze laatste verklaarden bang geweest te zijn voor S. en daarom hielpen.
Text is reason why sentenced and reads:
for afpersing? (do notknow the English word straigh away, but when someone tries to get money from someone by threathening to reveal something), attempt to murder and murder. Worked together with two other men (names not mentioned). These two declared to be afraid of S. which was the reason they helped.

Harro

Post by Harro » 29 Jan 2009, 11:30

afpersing is blackmail

W.Vermeer

Post by W.Vermeer » 29 Jan 2009, 11:53

Offcourse Harro, Thanks for the help. Just could not come to the word for a moment :wink:

ansata1976

Post by ansata1976 » 29 Jan 2009, 13:20

It is not a problem Harro i understand dutch.

Henricus

Post by Henricus » 09 Dec 2009, 22:04

Hello, I'm sorry for jumping in this forum, but I was asked by a son, about the history of his father. The son is making a study of the time during de big war. His father was working as a detective for the Rotterdam police and he was ordered to find Jews, arrest them and hand them over to the German occupiers. But his father refused to do that and fled in to the countrie. Later he was arrested by two policemen of de marechaussee in Ermelo. The son knew their familienames but not their Christiannames. Those names he needed to get information from the Dutch national archive. The wanted to know if those two men came to justice after the war. I asked the museum of the marechaussee in Buren, the Netherlands and I got the information about these two men.

De twee door u genoemde personen waren twee handlangers van de gewestelijk commandant Arnhem, lkol der (oorlogs)marechaussee (voor WO II maj der Cavalerie)
J.E. Feenstra die op 29-08-1946 door het Bijzonder Gerechtshof Arnhem ter dood werd veroordeeld en gefussileerd op de Arnhemse heide.
Oorlogshobby: het opsporen en onschadelijk maken van illegale werkers.
De uitspraak van de Zuiveringscommissie van die twee is dezerzijds niet bekend.

This is the dutch answer I received. Both men were working as henchmen for the commander of Arnhem Luitenant Kolonel (war)marechaussee (before the war he was a major in the cavalerie) JE Feenstra who sentenced to death by the special court of Arnhem and he was thereby shot by a firingsquad at the Arnhem grounds.
Warhobby of these men was tracking down en disable illegal workers. Maybe the museum of the marechaussee can give you more information on JE Feenstra. Hope it will help.

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”