SS-Obersturmbannführer Dr. Bernhard Frank resurfaces

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
Dutto1

Re: SS-Obersturmbannführer Dr. Bernhard Frank resurfaces

Post by Dutto1 » 05 Jan 2011, 13:21

paolosilv wrote:http://www.pjtv.com/?cmd=mpg&m­pid=340& ... Kgod-RKgoA

Bernhard Frank, one of Himmler’s 12 closest associates: his signature appears below Himmler's on the first order of the Holocaust. Attacking the man who discovered Himmler's subordinate is the real sign of the bottom feeders. It's an amazing indictment of Germany as well, which did nothing about this old SS man.
The fact that the Simon Weisenthal Centre wont pursue Frank says it all,had the German Goverment thought him a major player in the Holocaust Frank would have been tried years ago.Frank has lived openly in Germany and even published his Memoirs a few years ago.Another poster on this topic said Frank was a "Passive Actor " a witness to it all. I agree with that.

Dutto1

bigger_chief

Post by bigger_chief » 06 Jan 2011, 00:18

Dr. Bernhard Frank's knowledge of English is probably as limited as most Americans knowledge of German. To attempt a realistic conversation with Dr. Frank, a translator should have been available so that Dr. Frank could fully understand Mark Gould and his leadings in certain directions.
From watching scenes from the posted videos, I am sure he had little idea of what was actually going on. IMO

paolosilv

Post by paolosilv » 07 Jan 2011, 10:31

He signed beneath Himmler's signature and was one of Himmler's twelve closest SS men. He is not being pursued probably out of some professional jealousy that they didn't get him first. He was a desk murderer not a trigger puller.

Dutto1

Post by Dutto1 » 07 Jan 2011, 13:27

What an ADC does is check orders for correctness to make sure its in order.I am not saying that Frank is not a Nazi he clearly still is but still you have offered no documented evidence to back your statement up that Frank was a main player in the Holocaust.
No goverment or organisation have an intrest in him.Have you got any evidence to support your claim of "professional jealousy" or is it another wild unscourced statement .

Ron

paolosilv

Post by paolosilv » 08 Jan 2011, 11:03

Dr Frank may not have been a 'major player' in the Holocaust, but doesn't that claim indicate that we already know everything he did during the war? Since he was close to Himmler, then he may well have done more. As I noted, he would be considered a 'desk murderer.' As for the 'professional jealousy ' claim, that was just supposition. Paolo

Dutto1

Post by Dutto1 » 08 Jan 2011, 16:15

Thats your personal opinion however there maybe documents lying in say the Russian archives that implicate him more,but i still mantain that as a high ranking SS officer he would have been prosecuted by now if he was implicated.The German goverment have a good record since the war of doing this.Frank as an Obersturmbannfuhrer would be very unlikely to go unoticed in post war Germany. Documented evidence is what counts .

Ron

Michael Miller
Forum Staff

Post by Michael Miller » 09 Jan 2011, 06:18

He may well be completely unprosecutable. My completely useless opinion of him is less than favorable, as he was- being a ranking member of the odious Kommandostab RFSS- directly involved in a campaign of mass murder, and expresses the deepest admiration for his superior, Himmler. The RFSS could not have accomplished his "cleansing" and "pacification" Aktionen of 1941/42 without dedicated and zealous functionaries like Frank. But of course it's absurd to paint him as a key player, and Mr. Gould reveals great ignorance and... absurd chutzpah in his attempts to do so.

~ Mike

paolosilv

Post by paolosilv » 09 Jan 2011, 10:15

Maybe it would be useful to compare his case with the other 11 members of Himmler's closest associates, the SS of Wewelsburg? Dr Frank was a writer and librarian. Still, his co-signature on an order by Himmler is distressing.

Dutto1

Post by Dutto1 » 09 Jan 2011, 12:26

Michael Miller wrote:He may well be completely unprosecutable. My completely useless opinion of him is less than favorable, as he was- being a ranking member of the odious Kommandostab RFSS- directly involved in a campaign of mass murder, and expresses the deepest admiration for his superior, Himmler. The RFSS could not have accomplished his "cleansing" and "pacification" Aktionen of 1941/42 without dedicated and zealous functionaries like Frank. But of course it's absurd to paint him as a key player, and Mr. Gould reveals great ignorance and... absurd chutzpah in his attempts to do so.

~ Mike
Hi Mike,

I think the above post hits the nail on the head.It would be interesting to see what happend to Frank during the de-nazification process to see to what level he was punished for his activities during the war ?

Regards

Ron

Michal78

Post by Michal78 » 13 Jan 2011, 00:54

Photo of Frank with some others...
Michal
Attachments
SS.jpg
SS.jpg (44.86 KiB) Viewed 4591 times

Ljotrulf

Post by Ljotrulf » 14 Jan 2011, 20:29

Gould's "research" is as absurd as it is distasteful and to have gained Dr Frank's trust with the express intention of betraying that trust is beneath contempt. To quote Guy Walters in the Daily Telegraph regarding his contention that Dr Frank was a major player in the Holocaust "This claim is pure junk". Walters also says of Frank "there is no evidence to link him to committing any war crimes" and I agree with him entirely.
All Gould has achieved is to make the remaining time left to a 97 year old man potentially unpleasant and to confirm to the World that he (Gould) is a perfidious idiot.

J. Duncan

Post by J. Duncan » 14 Jan 2011, 22:51

The man is 97 years old for pete's sake! His mind is quite mushy and his memory not the best no matter how well spoken he may seem. I found Mr. Gould's behavior to be tacky and almost mocking...he came across as a total wise ass ("Did you love Himmler?...Could you call him up on the phone?") and I'm surprised that Frank didn't catch on. I think Gould even referred to Himmler at one point as "Reichsheini" which I believe was a disrespectful name given to Himmler. Gould seems to have gained the respect of the Nuremberg interrogator who is also in his 90's and probably not all "with it" either. This kind of sensationalism is not going to make an old man say "sorry" nor is it doing the victims any good. The man will probably be dead before any legal action would make any difference to anybody. The motto "justice will be served" because some lawyer slapped Frank with indictments and took him to court just before he died is simply coming across to most decent people as tormenting the elderly. Gould is a snot-nosed little jerk and is exaggerating things to make a name for himself. Frank saw his beloved Third Reich crumble 65 years ago and the world "attitude" change into the opposite of what he and his cohorts would have wanted ...for a fanatic such as this, it's been a slow death by strangulation and a life of futility and frustration..all that's left for him is his memories, however foggy they may be. Gould actually brought happiness into his life by appearing to be such an "enthusiast"(however mockingly), giving the old man renewed hopes for a Nazi rebirth! I'm sure Frank is probably feeling like a sucker now, but when Gould was kissing his arse, he was reveling in his former glory! For 65 years he was a forgotten fossil and then comes Gould with a camera, a microphone, and a fresh opportunity for expressing himself with someone who "understands". Hell, his own family is probably tired of hearing about those "good old days" when "Vater" or "Oompa" was somebody "important" (lol).
Last edited by J. Duncan on 14 Jan 2011, 23:19, edited 2 times in total.

Annelie

Post by Annelie » 14 Jan 2011, 23:05

Perhaps someone should research Mr. Gould and write a book about his
exploits? I am sure it would make good reading!

Michael Miller
Forum Staff

Post by Michael Miller » 15 Jan 2011, 02:18

I'm sure there WILL be a book, a first-person tale of his courageous descent into the dark, evil world of the "Waffen-Neunziger-Verband der SS", and probably appear on "Oprah" when it's accepted by her book club. Then he'll try to pimp his sorry excuse for a story to Hollywood, and, God help us all, it will become "the next Odessa File - You'll laugh, you'll cry, then you'll mostly just vomit!"

~ Mike

Annelie

Post by Annelie » 15 Jan 2011, 15:45

I just hope he doesn't consider himself an "serious researcher".

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”