Photographs of Mengele's himself performing experiments

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
Timmy
Banned

Photographs of Mengele's himself performing experiments

Post by Timmy » 13 Aug 2014, 11:48

I've seen photographs of Nazi experiments but is there any photographs of Mengele's himself performing experiments?

Sampo Jämbeck

Re: Photographs of Mengele's himself performing experiments

Post by Sampo Jämbeck » 22 Aug 2014, 20:44

Timmy wrote:I've seen photographs of Nazi experiments but is there any photographs of Mengele's himself performing experiments?
If you mean experiments with humans, no. At least none of those have been discovered if such pictures were ever taken.

But there's some photos of Dr. Mengele taken at Kaiser Wilhelm Institute in late 1930s.

David1819

Post by David1819 » 30 Aug 2014, 16:18

Timmy wrote:I've seen photographs of Nazi experiments but is there any photographs of Mengele's himself performing experiments?
These photos are apparently him but you might need to look deeper to verify

This is definitely him

One on the left is him

This is supposed to be him but looks a bit suspect, might have to take this one with a pinch of salt

history1
Banned

Post by history1 » 30 Aug 2014, 19:54

And why should Mengele attend hypothermia tests of Sigmund Rascher in Dachau in 1942?

David1819

Post by David1819 » 30 Aug 2014, 22:08

history1 wrote:And why should Mengele attend hypothermia tests of Sigmund Rascher in Dachau in 1942?
Why would they not collaborate and work together on experiments?

Like I said you need to look deeper to verify.

I just discovered that some sources claim the one on the left Ernst Holzlöhner others claim its Mengele

Looking from the side it does look like him

David1819

Post by David1819 » 31 Aug 2014, 02:28

These are also Alleged to be Dr Mengele. But its difficult to know for sure

siwiec

Post by siwiec » 31 Aug 2014, 08:54

David1819 wrote: Looking from the side it does look like him
I do not see any similarity.
David1819 wrote: These are also Alleged to be Dr Mengele. But its difficult to know for sure
Allegations are very easy to make, as we have seen repeatedly even within this very thread.

George_W

Post by George_W » 31 Aug 2014, 21:52

David1819 wrote:One on the left is him
The man on the left is prof. Ernst Holzlöhner not Mengele.

George

history1
Banned

Post by history1 » 01 Sep 2014, 08:28

David1819 wrote:
history1 wrote:And why should Mengele attend hypothermia tests of Sigmund Rascher in Dachau in 1942?
[...]
Because Mengele was at the time in a front unit with the Waffen -SS and was first employed at any concentration camp service in Auschwitz in May 1943!! And additonaly I´ve to tell you that Mengele never was interested in hypothermia tests, he was interested on twins and the human eye color.
BTW, the forum rules request that you post a link of your source for every photo. But I doubt that I want to take a view on those websites anyway.

David1819

Post by David1819 » 01 Sep 2014, 19:29

history1 wrote:
David1819 wrote:
[...]
Because Mengele was at the time in a front unit with the Waffen -SS and was first employed at any concentration camp service in Auschwitz in May 1943!! And additonaly I´ve to tell you that Mengele never was interested in hypothermia tests, he was interested on twins and the human eye color.
BTW, the forum rules request that you post a link of your source for every photo. But I doubt that I want to take a view on those websites anyway.
As mentioned above it could be Ernst Holzlöhner and confirmed by George its Ernst Holzlöhner not Mengele.

Below is Mengele conducting a racial purity test on a polish couple in 1940

http://www.randomcollection.info/mcf/jm ... .htm#young

David1819

Post by David1819 » 03 Sep 2014, 20:42

siwiec wrote:
David1819 wrote: Looking from the side it does look like him
I do not see any similarity.
David1819 wrote: These are also Alleged to be Dr Mengele. But its difficult to know for sure
Allegations are very easy to make, as we have seen repeatedly even within this very thread.
I have found some evidence to suggest this photo is genuine

See bellow are photos of Mengele's "pathology laboratory"

The image I have attached is from http://www.rudyowens.com/criminal-medicine/

The rooms look just the same as the photo above
Attachments
mengele.jpg

siwiec

Post by siwiec » 03 Sep 2014, 21:08

David1819 wrote: I have found some evidence to suggest this photo is genuine

[--]

You lost me. How can a photo from Terezin ghetto be of evidence for your claim that one of the masked persons shown in your first photo is Mengele?

David1819

Post by David1819 » 03 Sep 2014, 22:16

siwiec wrote:
David1819 wrote: I have found some evidence to suggest this photo is genuine

[--]

You lost me. How can a photo from Terezin ghetto be of evidence for your claim that one of the masked persons shown in your first photo is Mengele?

I do apologise. There are conflicting claims here I have looked into this and apparently those are from Sachsenhausen concentration camp http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sachsenhau ... ation_camp

Those where the only clean photos I could find. I did find some photos of the same room's but too gruesome and nasty to put on here I wish I never bothered looking now :(

Roches

Post by Roches » 05 Sep 2014, 11:36

The photo of the hypothermia experiment doesn't, IMO, show Mengele, and it may be altered. Look carefully at the hairline and the nose. In the photo in question, the man's hair has a part on the right side (same as Mengele). But the part ends suddenly at the temples. It seems that he has a sort of wedge of hair, like the balding man on the right. The verified photo of Mengele has a vertical hairline running from the top of the ear to the part in the hair. It's parted at the peak. Mengele was in his early 30s at Auschwitz and he isn't balding.

Also, Mengele's nose is straight; the man in the questionable photo seems to have a kink in the edge of the nose. I won't use the h-word as I feel bad enough analyzing the face in this context. (According to a NSDAP children's textbook on race, a nose is Aryan so long as the bottom of the nose does not slope downwards.)

Not saying that is certain, but take a careful look at the nose and hairline if the photos appear to you to show the same person.

David1819

Post by David1819 » 05 Sep 2014, 21:19

I have found many photos of Josef Mengele as a result of this thread

It truly is thought provoking how someone can grow up to do such things. The photo below is when he was boy it raises some deep questions. His childhood does give us many clues

His Mother Walburga Mengele is described here by Douglas B. Lynott
An immense woman with a terrible temper, she was often known to storm onto the floor of her husband's factory and publicly chastise individual employees for laziness and poor workmanship. Warnings were hurriedly passed down the production line whenever Walburga was seen approaching the factory, and workers scrambled to stay clear of her wrath.
Walburga ruled her home with an equal amount of firmness, demanding respect and obedience from her three sons, Josef, Alois, and Karl, Jr. A devout Catholic, Walburga saw to it that her boys strictly practiced the faith of the Church.
A description from Josef Mengele's memoirs by Douglas B. Lynott
It is clear from his memoirs that his mother's behavior and the relationship she shared with Karl left a lasting impression on young Josef. He describes his father as a cold man, distant and preoccupied with his work at the factory. Walburga is described as someone incapable of loving.

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”