Jewish Death Squads - suspected victims?

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
little grey rabbit

Re: Jewish Death Squads - suspected victims?

Post by little grey rabbit » 25 Nov 2015, 13:12

It sounds like this happened during the war and really we only have her word for it. Partisans killed lots of locals they suspected of collaborating. Since the person she claimed to have killed is no longer here to tell their side of the story and there is no documentary trail to authenticate her claims, this doesn't take us any further

4thskorpion

Post by 4thskorpion » 25 Nov 2015, 15:54

little grey rabbit wrote:It sounds like this happened during the war and really we only have her word for it. Partisans killed lots of locals they suspected of collaborating. Since the person she claimed to have killed is no longer here to tell their side of the story and there is no documentary trail to authenticate her claims, this doesn't take us any further

Has anyone from an alleged "Jewish Death Squad" ever been put on trial or convicted? If not, all we are left with are unauthenticated claims (or admissions) from whatever quarter.

little grey rabbit

Post by little grey rabbit » 25 Nov 2015, 23:29

4thskorpion wrote:
little grey rabbit wrote:It sounds like this happened during the war and really we only have her word for it. Partisans killed lots of locals they suspected of collaborating. Since the person she claimed to have killed is no longer here to tell their side of the story and there is no documentary trail to authenticate her claims, this doesn't take us any further

Has anyone from an alleged "Jewish Death Squad" ever been put on trial or convicted? If not, all we are left with are unauthenticated claims (or admissions) from whatever quarter.
We could expect a body, a police report and suspicious circumstances. Perhaps a confession years later "I killed X on this date because...." and this is matched to either an unsolved crime or a suspicious suicide.
There are a lot of vague claims, but few are specific. In particular this thread was to elicit names and identities of the victims.
Although I was particularly interested in Germany period 1945-1950, I think it is possible Mengele was killed by a Death Squad. To me there seemed to be some peculiarities in the main witness to his "drowning."

Karl Haushofer and his wife might have been a victim to a revenge squad (not necessarily Jewish). I found the account of their suicide a bit odd.

4thskorpion

Post by 4thskorpion » 26 Nov 2015, 10:05

little grey rabbit wrote:
4thskorpion wrote:

We could expect a body, a police report and suspicious circumstances. Perhaps a confession years later "I killed X on this date because...." and this is matched to either an unsolved crime or a suspicious suicide.
There are a lot of vague claims, but few are specific. In particular this thread was to elicit names and identities of the victims.
Although I was particularly interested in Germany period 1945-1950, I think it is possible Mengele was killed by a Death Squad. To me there seemed to be some peculiarities in the main witness to his "drowning."

Karl Haushofer and his wife might have been a victim to a revenge squad (not necessarily Jewish). I found the account of their suicide a bit odd.
Then clearly there are only alleged victims, alleged perpetrators and even alleged admissions to revenge taking.

So on that basis maybe the thread should be retitled as, "Alleged Jewish death squads and alleged victims" and be in the "What if" fantasy forum rather than Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes section.

UMachine

Post by UMachine » 26 Nov 2015, 21:41

My bet is except for the really big fish most of the people doing the hunting lacked the resources to be successful.The criminals would have laid low for 15-20 years...jmo of course.

keep your name off the property titles and keep your marriage ceremony that occurred In a small parish back home a secret.

DavidFrankenberg

Post by DavidFrankenberg » 15 Feb 2021, 14:08

There is told the story of the failed poisoning of Nuremberg Germans POW. The avenger squad infiltrated the bakery and coated the breads with poison.
Unfortunately or fortunately, none died of it.

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.pr ... -1.8094962

All in all, like 1500 or 2000 Germans have been killed supposedly by 200 250 Jews in such death-squads.

LAstry

Post by LAstry » 14 Feb 2022, 18:56

Interesting the Question is Not if the Avengers avenged themselves on war criminals But how many?
For example
in Quinton reynolds "Minister of Death" {written after eichman capture] there is a report that a group of Jewish Avengers grabbed a man in hiding who they thought was eichmann -it wasnt eichman but an SS NCO war criminal {executed}
one acount {Boweror Segev } claims dozens of nazis exucuted....while as noted above in a prior message anothers claims over 1,000

The only time Ive ever seen a definate number given was a history Channel program on the Avengers....the Number was 33.....

Its a pity that not until 40-60 years later these accounts have appeared in print....one point if these accounts had been taken earlier a definate list of names of those executed would have probably saved nazi Hunters like Wiesenthal and Tuvia Friedman useless wasted efforts to trying to trace a Nazi war Criminal who is in fact dead.......

Three cases of missing Nazi war Criminals:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorenz_Hackenholt

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_the_ ... nka_guard)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Werner_Bl ... _and_death
Who actually died a year after being declared legally dead!
Last edited by LAstry on 14 Feb 2022, 20:08, edited 3 times in total.

Totenkomf

Post by Totenkomf » 14 Feb 2022, 18:59

LAstry wrote:
14 Feb 2022, 18:56
Interesting the Question is Not if the Avengers avenged themselves on war criminals But how many?
For example
in Quinton reynolds "Minister of Death" {written after eichman capture] there is a report that a group of Jewish Avengers grabbed a man in hiding who they thought was eichmann -it wasnt eichman but an SS NCO war criminal {executed}
one acount {Bower} claims dozens of nazis exucuted....while as noted above in a prior message anothers claims over 1,000

The only time Ive ever seen a definate number given was a history Channel program on the Avengers....the Number was 33.....

Its a pity that not until 40-60 years later these accounts have appeared in print....one point if taken earker a definate list of names of those executd would have probably saved nazi Hunters like Wiesenthal and Tuvia Friedman useless wasted efforts to trying to trace a Nazi war Criminal who is in fact dead.......
:roll:

I am not sure where is the proof of the killing of supposed Nazis/SS Men and German Soldiers after ww2. I mean it could be just bragging by ex-Jewish Brigade Soldiers how the killed "evil nazi soldiers after the war" and they sell these made-up stories to the New York times..

And if the killed some ex-soldier in woods somewhere were those who were killed actually guilty of war crimes?
"Befehl ist Befehl"

CogCalgary

Post by CogCalgary » 20 Feb 2022, 17:30

By 1950 access to the CROWCASS was closed,was it not?I doubt any "Jewish Brigade"fellows traveled to foreign countries to hunt just any former soldier.Ex axis soldier gets a few bullets. What is there to report?

NickA

Post by NickA » 21 Feb 2022, 05:28

michael mills wrote:
25 Aug 2015, 11:23
... The historical fact is that, despite all the stories of derring-do, there was no organised hunt for German war criminal by Jewish organisations after the war, for the simple reason that they were all concentrated on the more positive task of preparing for the inevitable war with the Arabs for the control of Palestine.
Very credible. A hunt like that would have taken a lot of money. The Yishuv was relatively well funded and probably looking to build up a force de frappe in Europe but its hardly likely to have paid for loose cannon to wreak havoc in Germany. More likely criminals (of any group) targeted wealthy people, labelled them Nazis and robbed them. Then boasted they were doing something heroic.
michael mills wrote:
There was not even an organised hunt for Eichmann, again despite all the heroic tales. The truth about the capture of Eichmann is that his whereabouts in Argentina were revealed to Fritz Bauer, a Jewish judge and prosecutor in West Germany, in 1957 by another ex-Nazi fugitive who needed money. ... secretly gave the information to Mossad. The reason for that is that if Eichmann were tried in West Germany, he would be able to tell the full story about what happened in Hungary in 1944, when the local Zionist officials effectively collaborated with the deportation of that country's Jews in return for being allowed by Eichmann to smuggle some 10,000 members of Leftist Zionist youth groups out of the country and into Palestine. Bauer's probable intention was that Mossad should kill Eichmann in order to keep him quiet.
That's fairly credible too (but I would like to see the reference!)
michael mills wrote:
... Mossad did nothing, possibly because it considered it better to keep the whole Hungarian episode quiet by leaving Eichmann alone (it had already caused a scandal in Israel with the murder of Rezsoe Kasztner, the Zionist official who had negotiated the deal with Eichmann) ... Bauer approached Mossad a third time, and threatened that if they did not act to capture Eichmann, he would have him extradited to Germany, where he would be free to tell his story. It was only at that point that Mossad started up its operation to kill or capture Eichmann ... Ben Gurion realised the advantages of a sensational show trial that would be controlled by the Israeli Government ... suppressing the full story of what had happened in Hungary (a goal that was achieved by refusing to allow Hungarian survivors to testify, and forcefully ejecting them from the courtroom when they protested).
It has been suggested that the Kastner business (accused and practically confessed to tricking 437,000 Hungarian Jews onto the trains to the Auschwitz gas chambers) had led most Israelis to believe that pre-Israel Zionists had carried out the Holocaust. Sorry, not sure where I picked that up.

So the whole Eichmann kidnap and trial thing was carried out, as you say, to seize the narrative back for the state of Israel. I never heard of disturbances at the trial from Hungarians and witnesses, but that's very credible too. Strange that that part wasn't picked up and reported by Hannah Arendt in her "Eichmann in Jerusalem".

CogCalgary

Post by CogCalgary » 02 Mar 2022, 16:11

little grey rabbit wrote:
25 Nov 2015, 23:29
4thskorpion wrote:

There would be no satisfaction with a drowning being an official cause of death.

CogCalgary

Post by CogCalgary » 02 Mar 2022, 16:43

It could be that most of the retribution actually took place in POW camps .In Canada at camp B70,Ripples,many Jewish men were sent as undesirable enemy aliens,there were many hard core nazis in this camp.More that 100 pows died in this camp and there is no official recognition of this.I know because I was there in 68.

Totenkomf

Post by Totenkomf » 03 Mar 2022, 11:20

CogCalgary wrote:
02 Mar 2022, 16:43
It could be that most of the retribution actually took place in POW camps .In Canada at camp B70,Ripples,many Jewish men were sent as undesirable enemy aliens,there were many hard core nazis in this camp.More that 100 pows died in this camp and there is no official recognition of this.I know because I was there in 68.
How can the deaths of these "Nazis" be traced back to Jewish Prisoners?
"Befehl ist Befehl"

CogCalgary

Post by CogCalgary » 03 Mar 2022, 18:56

Originally the pows were German soldiers.Later on for some reason it was decided that Jews would be placed into the pow population alongside the Germans.In a now vanished internet page,one of the Jewish internees said that when they first arrived at the camp,the Germans all gathered and began to sing The blood of the Jew upon my sword,believe I have that correct.
Anyhow,if you try to find info on the deaths of German pows in Canada,the majority of the deaths are not attributed to this camp.The graves were moved to a memorial along with another Ontario logging camp and placed in a memorial.If you examine the other camps in Canada there were very few deaths and they are documented.But not Ripples or the northern Ontario camp.

Totenkomf

Post by Totenkomf » 03 Mar 2022, 19:05

CogCalgary wrote:
03 Mar 2022, 18:56
Originally the pows were German soldiers.Later on for some reason it was decided that Jews would be placed into the pow population alongside the Germans.In a now vanished internet page,one of the Jewish internees said that when they first arrived at the camp,the Germans all gathered and began to sing The blood of the Jew upon my sword,believe I have that correct.
Anyhow,if you try to find info on the deaths of German pows in Canada,the majority of the deaths are not attributed to this camp.The graves were moved to a memorial along with another Ontario logging camp and placed in a memorial.If you examine the other camps in Canada there were very few deaths and they are documented.But not Ripples or the northern Ontario camp.
What was the cause of death in most cases regarding the mortality in Canadian Prisoner of War Camps for German Soldiers?

So why would the Jewish Prisoners start killing German Prisoners?
"Befehl ist Befehl"

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”