What is the best way to combat the deniers ?

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
JokerMMA

What is the best way to combat the deniers ?

Post by JokerMMA » 24 Aug 2015, 01:23

I have been debating holoaust deniers for some time now, usually i just ask them to show me the evidence that the entire genocide was faked, i ask for names and meetings of people that conspired it, how did they infiltrate into multiple governments decades apart , faked all the documents, confessions and so on, not one has given me a precise answer.
How do you do it ( if you are doing it at all ) :)

David Thompson
Forum Staff

Re: What is the best way to combat the deniers ?

Post by David Thompson » 24 Aug 2015, 19:55

Holocaust denial is forbidden by the forum rules, so the problem doesn't usually come up here. For forum discussions on topics of cult interest and "Revisionism," see the list at http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... 0#p1227600

HaShomer

Post by HaShomer » 25 Aug 2015, 04:39

Joker MMA, I am sad to read that you are coming across Holocaust deniers. There are a number of ways to deal with them, if you have the patience, energy and information. If they are true believers who just want to harass you and beat you in an argument, you may not want to waste your time. If they are denying out of ignorance, you may have a shot. First, identify why they are denying, are they neo Nazis, white militia or anti-Israel (pro Palestine) deniers? If so, walk away, it's useless. If you want to challenge, engage or educate others, you first need to learn about Jewish culture and history. Second, you need to understand European history, and historical antisemitism.Naziism didn't come out of nowhere. Third, you have to immerse yourself in primary source material, available from many Jewish and trustworthy sources. Holocaust study is an exhausting endeavor. May you learn and use your knowledge for the good.

BenjaminJ

Post by BenjaminJ » 29 Aug 2015, 03:02

I just laugh at them. If someone chooses to be willfully ignorant, they arent worth my time.

little grey rabbit

Post by little grey rabbit » 29 Aug 2015, 10:52

I would recommend paying them enormous sums of money to go away.

Ponury

Post by Ponury » 13 Sep 2015, 23:31

Evidence of the incredible German crimes are even here in Poland. First better service - camps, Sobibor, Belzec, Treblinka. Come to me to Gdansk, we take a trip to Piasnica, camp Stuthoff ... it's pretty close to me. I invite you to Gdansk, to Poland. Personally, I'll show you the truth.

JokerMMA

Post by JokerMMA » 14 Sep 2015, 15:01

You can really appreciate how insane the deniers are when you realise that they think that millions from the camps who werent killed are also involved , because not one of them ever spoke about this hoax :D

raspu

Post by raspu » 26 Sep 2015, 21:06

If you want to spread accurate info about the Holocaust it is the best way. To directly argue with them in my experience usually makes no sense because it seems the further they are geographically from where it happened, is where they believe it the most and they go to the most ridiculous claims to "prove" it. In Poland you will find no one, so I think it's because in USA the history sources are scarce and few. I've even came across WW2 deniers. Does not happen if half of your family were there.

Ononefoot39

Post by Ononefoot39 » 28 Sep 2015, 17:38

I'm making a career out of Holocaust studies and one thing I'm eventually going to dip into is studying the literature of Holocaust deniers to see what kind of evidence they use. I'm certainly not a Holocaust denier myself, but am fascinated by people's stupidity.

In dealing with them, a very wise professor once told me that arguing with them validates their argument. In other words, you're acknowledging their position and making something so ludicrous into an argument. I simply ask them where the six million plus people went? Are the footage and pictures staged? Essentially it's useless to argue with them, but I do like to embarrass them if they're amongst a group of people.

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”