Alfred Konieczny: Al Bunzlau I i Al Bunzlau II Filie Kl Gross Rosen.

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
maclinux

Alfred Konieczny: Al Bunzlau I i Al Bunzlau II Filie Kl Gross Rosen.

Post by maclinux » 11 Feb 2017, 14:23

Hello,
I hope this is the right place to post for asking, if somebody has the Book
"Alfred Konieczny: Al Bunzlau I i Al Bunzlau II Filie Kl Gross Rosen."

I'm asking, because I need a reference dokument to an entry of this book.
Years ago, I have written the Staff of the Museum KL Groß Rosen about my Granfather
SS Hauptscharführer Erich Alfred Neumann.

In the database of the Museum KL Groß Rosen there is a Entry about him, who was
at 1944 the Kommandant of AL Bunzlau.

I know the there was AL Bunzlau I and II, but the entry was only AL Bunzlau.
After the contact a have written a Jew who was a prisoner of Bunzlau II.
He didn't know somethimg about my Granfather.

So now I'm trying the other way around and want to know, if somebody
has the Book from Alfred Konieczny and if he has given a reference document in his Book,
because the Staff has written, the the database entry is a reference from his book.

Regards, maclinux

PS: Sorry for my bad english, but english is not my nativ language.

wm

Re: Alfred Konieczny: Al Bunzlau I i Al Bunzlau II Filie Kl Gross Rosen.

Post by wm » 15 Feb 2017, 19:16

As far I can tell he isn't mentioned in that book, but lots of names there so I may be mistaken.

The available information:
ZAL Bunzlau (probably established in 1942): the Kommandant is unknown.
AL Bunzlau (former ZAL Bunzlau, May 1944): respectively Erich Schrammel, Willi Michael, Müller.
Bunzlau II (probably established in October 1944, AL Bunzlau was renamed Bunzlau I at the same time): Karl Villwock, Oswald Hartung, Alfons Gross, and maybe Willi Michael.

Maybe you should ask Alfred Konieczny directly, his e-mail is here. Although I don't know if he'll respond, he just turned 83 years old...

maclinux

Post by maclinux » 19 Feb 2017, 15:55

Hello wm,

thankyou for your answer and sorry that I am answering so late.
I will write again to the Staff of the Museum kl groß Rosen and ask about the database (in polish language) I became from them.
Every Point of his "carrer" has dates and references to the documents what where send to me to Germany.
Only the point "AL Bunzlau - komendant" not.

The Emailadress you have given, was not copied correct.
This is the link "http://pl.bab.la/slownik/polski-angiels ... BAdziernik"

If you can send the Emailadress again, I will write Professor Konieczny and hope, that he can
give me an answer.

I think that the Info the Professor gave the Staff of the Museum, was for some reason wrong, otherwise
the name of my Granfather shoud be in Book.

Arround 3n years ago my father died and he had the SS Soldbuch from Granfather.
My mother destroyed the SS Soldbuch, so I need to know for sure where I must look for research.
My family told me, that 1944 that my Granfather trained the SS Divison Handschar what makes a big difference for the research.

Regards, maclinux

steve248

Post by steve248 » 19 Feb 2017, 18:44

Konieczny does not speak English - spoke to him on the phone over 10 years ago in German.

Remember, he wrote the material you are looking at decades ago so why should he remember it

maclinux

Post by maclinux » 19 Feb 2017, 19:52

Hello Steve248,

Thanks for your Answer.

> Konieczny does not speak English - spoke to him on the phone over 10 years ago in German.

For me no problem, my native language is German, English my second and Polish my third, but only on A1 Level (Beginner).

> Remember, he wrote the material you are looking at decades ago so why should he remember it

I know, the Book was printed at 2004.

I have also written 2 macintosh Books, and believe me, I still know exactly what I have written.

Regards, maclinux

wm

Post by wm » 19 Feb 2017, 19:54

It thought he published his books about those subcamps between 2004 and 2010, but now I'm not certain.

The email is: (konieczny prawo.uni.wroc.pl), you have to replace space with the at sign.
Another good contact seems to be Dorota Sula from The Gross-Rosen Museum, she wrote many of the books they published, but I can't find her email.

maclinux

Post by maclinux » 19 Feb 2017, 20:37

Hello wm,

thanks for your fast answer. The Professor has written a lot of Books, but this one "Al Bunzlau I i Al Bunzlau II Filie Kl Gross Rosen",
he has written 2004, as I remember.

I will write both, as I have written. The Professor in German and the Staff in German and English.
When I get a answer, Im will let you known on PM.

Regards, maclinux

Geoff Walden

Post by Geoff Walden » 19 Feb 2017, 21:33

Unfortunately, I have no info that would help you, but I have a question. I too have written to the Gross-Rosen Museum about the ALs in Bunzlau, because there are the remains of a third AL in Bunzlau, that was neither Bunzlau I nor Bunzlau II (Konieczny does not mention this area in his book). I never received an answer from Gross-Rosen. I have also written to the museum at Auschwitz, more than once, but never received any reply. Is it common for these museums not to answer queries? Unfortunately, I cannot write in Polish. Is that why they do not reply? Even if they do not know the answers to my questions, it would be nice if they would reply and say so ...
Geoff

steve248

Post by steve248 » 20 Feb 2017, 12:32

Why they do not reply is possibly the same for all archives.
If the archive concerned thinks you want them to do research for you, they are not interested.
I have been to the archive at KL Gross Rosen, they have practically nothing as all camp records were destroyed before the end of the war.
I was most surprised to find that a great deal of their information came from British records of a war crimes trial concerning Gross Rosen personnel.
The Gross Rosen archive may not have someone who understands English on the staff. There was only one when I went over 10 years ago.

maclinux

Post by maclinux » 20 Feb 2017, 15:45

Hello steve248,

> I was most surprised to find that a great deal of their information came from British records of a war crimes trial concerning Gross Rosen personnel.

Where there also Documents from the Kl Flossenbürg Trials in Dachau? My Granfather was charged in this Trial, the Questions where also about his Time in KL Groß Rosen.

In 2005 I had luck, I had a woman in the Archive who understud English. She sended me around 7 Documents about my Grandfather.
Arround 2006 I had luck again, and became the copy of the Trialdocuments known as Dachau Trials, about the questions he shoud answer from the KL Museum Flossenbürg.

Regards, maclinux

steve248

Post by steve248 » 20 Feb 2017, 19:40

Know Flossenbürg well and been several times.
The difference between records available in KL Gedenkstätte in Germany and in Poland is that age old problem - money.
The Polish authorities did not have the money or possibly the desire to make steps to find records.
In East Germany when the DDR, the Soviet occupation and intelligence authorities helped out with records being returned to Ravensbrück, Sachsenhausen and Buchenwald. A process also helped by the number of former prisoners who lived in the DDR who turned up at camp liberation commemorations and happily gave statements and mementos.
This doesn't seem to have happened at Gross Rosen; the camp itself is somewhat isolated and the archives in the nearby town, unlike the German DDR camps where everything is on site.
As I said it over 10 years since I was at Gross Rosen, things may have changed.

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”