Famous foto

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
giles120

Post by giles120 » 07 May 2004, 12:32

Having identified Rottenfuehrer Josef Bloesche on the right of the picture,
anyone know the identity and/or what happened to the Oberscharführer in the doorway ?

Thanks.

chalutzim

Thanks, Helly Angel

Post by chalutzim » 07 May 2004, 15:51

David Thompson wrote:some of our posters have questioned whether the little boy is Zvi Nussbaum.
The accuraccy of Nussbaum memory was called into question because the date he claims he was evacuated, together with his aunt (the woman at his side), is some months later than the picture found in Stroop's report, which was already closed and delivered to his SS superiors when the boy was caught. So if he is correct, he could not possibly be the boy in the picture. Notwithstanding this, based on his evidence, Holocaust deniers started to raise doubts about the murder of Jewish children, women, old people, etc, by German security forces, maintaining that they were indeed evacuated to other places, and not to pits or gas chambers.

Helly Angel, the information you provided about the people in the picture is new for me. Thank you for posting it. I'd be glad if you'd post the sources about them.
lisset wrote:I have seen recently a Forum called "Third Reich .Net (...)
This site is hosted by an assumed neo-Nazi.
Last edited by chalutzim on 07 May 2004, 18:29, edited 1 time in total.

giles120

Post by giles120 » 07 May 2004, 17:25

Is this Josef Bloesche again, or another SD Rottenfuehrer? Looks like the same person.

What is the reason for the goggles? Many pictures concerning the raising of the Warsaw Ghetto show SD/SIPO/Orpo personnel with goggles on their helmets or round their necks. Was it because of the flying debris and dust from the shelling?

Thanks.
Attachments
1.JPG
1.JPG (93.75 KiB) Viewed 2961 times

Max

Post by Max » 08 May 2004, 09:04

RE:http://www.thirdreich.net/ [Third Reich Roundtable]

lisset wrote
I have seen recently a Forum called "Third Reich .Net" the content of which is largely shameful , its small membership and the complete and utter ignorance of some of the contributors does show that the denial of the process shown in these photographs does exist , but at a very base level...sadly the minds which "challange" and seek " Real History"....well it does make you wonder

AND

chalutzim wrote
This site is hosted by an assumed neo-Nazi
I'm sorry?
Am I being a bit thick here?
Are we talking about the same site?
http://www.thirdreich.net/ [Third Reich Roundtable]
My admittedly cursory look at this site did not notice any thing very contoversial. [perhaps the link to David Irvine's site].
The links I followed were to pretty much mainstream interpretations of TR activities -many were very supportive of jewish interests in particular.

Lacking a forum of its own it has a link to this very place. [ a bit suspicious I agree :wink: ]
An article on "The Nazi Party - NSDAP" links to "The Blood Banner" by Marcus Wendel [ non usually known for his pro nazi statements. ]

OK - So maybe I missed the "neo-nazi " aspects.
Perhaps I should make a more thorough inspection to find them.
Perhaps it is not the site refered to by lisset and chalutzim.
Please put me straight on the matter.
[Applogies forthcomming if required]
Max

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 08 May 2004, 09:57

Max wrote:
This site is hosted by an assumed neo-Nazi
I'm sorry?
Am I being a bit thick here?
Are we talking about the same site?
http://www.thirdreich.net/ [Third Reich Roundtable]
I think he is thinking about a forum that has virtually the same address.
Max wrote:An article on "The Nazi Party - NSDAP" links to "The Blood Banner" by Marcus Wendel [ non usually known for his pro nazi statements.
Just to clarify, I have nothing to do with that site, it simply has a link to an article on my old site.

/Marcus

chalutzim

Post by chalutzim » 10 May 2004, 14:39

I was making reference to the site hosted by Mark Alinsky:
The only free speech Third Reich BBS on the Internet:

http://www.third-reich.net
Thank you.

fknorr
Banned

Post by fknorr » 11 May 2004, 15:11

giles120 wrote:What is the reason for the goggles? Many pictures concerning the raising of the Warsaw Ghetto show SD/SIPO/Orpo personnel with goggles on their helmets or round their necks. Was it because of the flying debris and dust from the shelling?
Thanks.
The goggles could be for any number of reasons...it could be from the shelling but more than likely the goggles were used for keeping the dust out of your eyes during the late summer/fall months. The Warsaw Uprising started on August 1st (late summer/very dry), most of the troops quelling the uprising were not garrison troops but those brought in to bolster the defense/smash the uprising. Police units as we as units from 3 panzer/Panzer Grenadier divisions (including the Totenkopf Division & Dirlewanger Brigade). One could assume that these grenadiers had goggles issued as a normal part of their kit, not necessarily (specifically) because of dust from pounding the city and it's defenders into submission.

The SS NCO (with map cases on belt and overcoat (in late summer!)) and the SD Sturmmann (Rottenfuhrer?) to his left could be motorcycle troops (or motorcycle borne) with the SD Sturmmann as his "driver"...anything is possible.

chalutzim

Post by chalutzim » 11 May 2004, 15:17

fknorr, the picture in question is about the Gheto Uprising and not about the 1944 Warsaw one.

fknorr
Banned

Post by fknorr » 11 May 2004, 15:39

I stand corrected about the particular time but does it effect the intent of my post, no.

The goggles could be for anything.

PF

Re: Famous foto

Post by PF » 05 Nov 2009, 22:11

Waleed Y. Majeed

Re: Famous foto

Post by Waleed Y. Majeed » 25 Jan 2011, 19:17

I think oscar meant this picture...
http://www.codoh.info/incon/daspiktur.html

waleed

ps. If it is true or not I do not know. What I do know is, it would be extremely easy
to fake any WWII photo nowadays. So don't always believe what you see.

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”