Searching for particular Waffen-SS crime photo (Balkan)

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
PanzerMonkey

Post by PanzerMonkey » 22 Apr 2005, 06:51

So does anyone else have the other pictures of this execution? That other page featuring a "collage" that someone posted does not load.

David Thompson
Forum Staff

Post by David Thompson » 22 Apr 2005, 07:00

From the H&WC section rules, posted at http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=53962
2. Atrocity photographs

Atrocity photographs are not specifically covered in the forum rules. The policy here is, if the photos are "graphic," the contributor should post a link to the photographs, rather than the photographs themselves, so that the other viewers have a choice as to whether or not to take a look.

That leaves us with the question of what is "graphic." This is apparently discretionary with the moderator/host. Here's my view on it:

I don't care who is supposed to have committed the atrocities in the photographs. Whether the subject matter is Nazi, communist, ethnic, regional, racial, religious or any other type of atrocity, links and descriptions should be posted for the following classes of photographs and illustrations:

(a) Mutilated persons, alive or dead;

(b) Severed body parts, insufficient in themselves to constitute a person; and

(c) Dead persons who are not only dead, but who clearly appear to be the worse for wear.

There are specialty sites which cater to necro-voyeurs, but this isn't one of them. In case of doubt, ask first via private message.

Noncomplying posts will be deleted without warning.

PanzerMonkey

Post by PanzerMonkey » 22 Apr 2005, 07:04

David Thompson wrote:From the H&WC section rules, posted at http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=53962
2. Atrocity photographs

Atrocity photographs are not specifically covered in the forum rules. The policy here is, if the photos are "graphic," the contributor should post a link to the photographs, rather than the photographs themselves, so that the other viewers have a choice as to whether or not to take a look.

That leaves us with the question of what is "graphic." This is apparently discretionary with the moderator/host. Here's my view on it:

I don't care who is supposed to have committed the atrocities in the photographs. Whether the subject matter is Nazi, communist, ethnic, regional, racial, religious or any other type of atrocity, links and descriptions should be posted for the following classes of photographs and illustrations:

(a) Mutilated persons, alive or dead;

(b) Severed body parts, insufficient in themselves to constitute a person; and

(c) Dead persons who are not only dead, but who clearly appear to be the worse for wear.

There are specialty sites which cater to necro-voyeurs, but this isn't one of them. In case of doubt, ask first via private message.

Noncomplying posts will be deleted without warning.
Yes, I was merely asking if someone had working links? It was posted previously in this thread but the link is inactive for some reason.

Ronny25

Post by Ronny25 » 17 Dec 2005, 20:29

the link are active...cruel pics...

balkanboy

Post by balkanboy » 16 Feb 2006, 23:35

Mister Ivan can you help me, my grandfather was soldier in 13 ss division handzar and he is got two pictures of them in that time in uniform. He is send thoose pictures in some organisation in city of Fulda in deutchland end they newer back him thoose. Please help me too find this pictures or copy of them. Thanks any way?!

David Thompson
Forum Staff

Post by David Thompson » 17 Feb 2006, 00:18

balkanboy -- Please put personal requests in PMs, thanks.

BKG

Post by BKG » 21 Apr 2007, 08:23

I start from this thread ...
I've been told that in Lipa it was exposed a picture of german soldiers (possibly SS) while burning the village down, quite graphic. the picture has been removed by the museum and i am wondering if anybody has it or heard about it. I have no grounded informations on this specific crime

Coming back to topic, a while ago i visited the museum of Tolmin (SLO) and the pics of the beheading were exposed there too. The old man there told me that few of the men holding the prisoners were from a small location near there. The pics were anyway published on a book after the war entitled "Muceniska..." and if you search this word on the internet you will find it entirely reproduced on a website.

Just one more thing: I do agree with another member about being cautious with Balkan pics (those ones were unquestionable though). I saw other 2 quite graphic pics in the years, and 1 was posed ( 2 partisans pulling out the heart of a cetnik or domobran i guess) and the other one is very questionable - it showed 2 men hung with the legs cut off. A Partisan propaganda book claimed that they were partisans, but then i got the same photo from a reputable veteran and researcher and he said that they were 2 Xa Mas sailors brutally executed in Tolmin.

Mark V.

Post by Mark V. » 21 Apr 2007, 19:02

Hi Matt!

I'd be interested in hearing more details about the two pictures you've mentioned - if you could possibly post them or email them to me. The first one sounds a lot like one of the numerous ustashe&chetnik stories but the second one sounds familiar. Be also aware that there're virtually NO photos showing partisan committing a war-crime.

As for the SS-KWB. Yes, in the past it has been claimed that at least one soldier from the group was a Slovene and that several others spoke a clumsy (Italo-) Slovene. The group also left a note for the partisans in such a language.

BKG

Post by BKG » 21 Apr 2007, 19:23

Hello Mark, nice to hear from you again !

here's the link to the first pic http://muceniskapot.nuovaalabarda.org/foto-94-ita.php it's not particularly graphic but may offend someone. It says they are cetniks but on another book i have it is reported as partisans posing (?).
The second picture is also on Muceniska http://muceniskapot.nuovaalabarda.org/foto-106-ita.php . It says it was taken in Novo Mesto whilst the vet i interviewed claimed it was in Tolmin.
In the same website you can find more controversial photos and some very graphic.

Mark V.

Post by Mark V. » 21 Apr 2007, 19:42

Thanks. The second is a rather well known picture but was taken later I believe in April 1945 and indeed shows the Slovene domobrans (or domobran police) lynching partisan supporters - note however their legs weren't cut off but rather tied back with a rope - not that uncommon procedure.

BTW the website you mention is basically a copy of a postwar communist pamphlet.

Black_Legion

Post by Black_Legion » 21 Apr 2007, 23:12

You people belive photos????
On one forum that is right-wingded I saw phto of 5 soliders that were sitting behind the table. One was from SS,one from Balck legion,2 Ustaša's officers and a member of Chetnics.
That can't be because they hated Chetnics.

There is a story about Krašiæ in Croatia's Žumberak. It was 1944 and the one of the biggest anti-parz. ofenzive,and the partisans cought grandma's father who sent his sons to Ustašas and WH and they sad that 'fuc... Croatians are burning villages,but the truth is that they burnd it. The part. made a fake photos of Partisans wearing German and NDH's uniforms and killing people for no reason that is not truth,i have a hundrets of people that saw Partizans killing,reaping, and burning villages and houses.

David Thompson
Forum Staff

Post by David Thompson » 22 Apr 2007, 00:37

Black_Legion -- We don't permit unsourced opinion posts in the research sections of the forum. Please carefully review the section rules before posting here again, and consider this your warning.

H&WC Section Rules
http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=53962

Bergmolch

Post by Bergmolch » 11 Oct 2007, 14:12

Hi BKG,

Actually the only confirmed details about that group of KJ men are related to SS-Sturmmann Francesco Macotto, seems like he was from Palmanova, but others say he was a well know man from Istria.

Mark, I did not know the KJ guys left a message for the partisans over there, would you please tell me your source or add anything more about that?

Cheers
T

Bergmolch

Post by Bergmolch » 11 Oct 2007, 14:22

Mark, I forgot, as far as I remember the pictures came from a Photo Atelier in Gradisca, Gorizia but I can be wrong (actually seems that he still have these pictures).
Then anyway looks there are around more than one copy of each of those pics.

Cheers
T

BKG

Post by BKG » 11 Oct 2007, 18:15

Hello T,

i found details on the incident on the book "Forgotten Legions". It refers to a group of recruits from KJ that did not come back from a recon, and later where found dead and mutilated. There's also the lists of the names.
I think that above may be the answer ...

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”