Help about 10,5 cm Flak L/45

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Kriegsmarine except those dealing with the U-Boat forces.
vladalex

Help about 10,5 cm Flak L/45

Post by vladalex » 17 Jun 2016, 20:01

Hello to everybody,
From the year 2011, when I turn on this forum, I have watched carefully to see or to listen any information about 10.5 cm Flak L/45, in other words, all that has been written or everything appeared about this gun.
I have not seen in all this years , even a single picture that would document this type of gun.
Also I have not found any information about this gun on any other site.
This facts leads me to strongly believe that this gun has been confused with others with similar missions , and his name was given after the second war, by civilians who had no solid knowledge about the German naval artillery .
I would be grateful , if someone could contradict me, and let me demonstrate this.
If this gun would have been (according to statements made by John Campbell, Erich Groener, Peter Lienau) it's impossible to not have appeared at least in minimum one picture.
Navyweapons.com's website stated that special AA mount defines this gun, and this mount gives a vertical movement from-5 to 70 degrees, at the level of the years 1916.
The only actually resulting from this statement is a huge confusion.
Studying German batteries against aircraft (Ariadne, Arcona, Medusa, Niobe, Nymphe, Thetis, Undine, etc) see that in first years, this ships had 10.5 cm UTOF C/16, and ahead of world conflict, all have received 10.5 cm SKC/ 32nL in 8,8 cm MPLC/30 .
So the cannon with the name 10.5 cm Flak L/45-naval, is a phantom unseen yet.
With great sympathy,
VladAlex

Return to “Kriegsmarine surface ships and Kriegsmarine in general”