Marine-Kraftfahr-Kompanie 'Kaukasus'

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Kriegsmarine except those dealing with the U-Boat forces.
TiesG

Marine-Kraftfahr-Kompanie 'Kaukasus'

Post by TiesG » 31 Dec 2016, 01:20

Hello,

In my research of German units stationed in Groningen (Holland) I found the M.K.K. Kaukasus being in Groningen from 08-1943 untill 11-1943. But I can't find anything on this unit. It also seems rare that a Marine Kraftfahr unit from Kaukasus is being stationed in Groningen while Groningen allready had a Marine-Kraftfahr-Kompanie. I found the name M.K.K. Kaukasus in the lists of the hospital where all the German soldiers went that were stationed in the province of Groningen.

I have found 9 Kraftfahrers from this unit that were in the hospital in Groningen. All of their Stammrollennumbers begins with the letter O(Ostsee) I'll put one name of this unit over here as an example.

I hope someone can provide me with more information about this strange unit. It might be not that strange after all?

Regards,

Ties
Attachments
kaukasus.jpg

TiesG

Re: Marine-Kraftfahr-Kompanie 'Kaukasus'

Post by TiesG » 05 Jan 2017, 16:25

I have some more info. I have found the Feldpostnummer 24709 in the hospital list in june 1943. This is the number of the Kommandant der Seeverteidigung Kaukasus. A Kraftfahrer of this unit was in Groningen, mabey to look what is going on? The 3./-8 M.K.A. was in Groningen untill 31-07-1943 and from 01-08-1943 replaced by the 6./-10 M.K.A. and M.K.K. Kaukasus. The 6./ stayed in Groningen untill the end of the war. The M.K.K. Kaukasus till dec. 1943.

TiesG

Re: Marine-Kraftfahr-Kompanie 'Kaukasus'

Post by TiesG » 05 Jan 2017, 18:08

I actually think a small Kompanie of M.K.K. Kaukasus came to Groningen to join the 6./-10 M.K.A. to learn them about front fights and how cars/trucks needs to be used/maintained during the winter. Most of the Kaukasus men had a higher Dienstgrad, so more experience as the 6./-10 M.K.A. where actually 90% consisted of Gefreiter/Kraftfahrer.

Return to “Kriegsmarine surface ships and Kriegsmarine in general”