The Kaigun Jirei Koho

Discussions on all aspects of the Japanese Empire, from the capture of Taiwan until the end of the Second World War.
Wellgunde

The Kaigun Jirei Koho

Post by Wellgunde » 01 Jul 2015, 14:25

Fontessa and the Kaigun Jirei Koho. I have been taking a copy of each of these postings and transferring them to a word document which is now several hundred pages long. I'm not sure that all of our readers understand the scope of this project and the time expended to produce it. The information must be extracted and transcribed from JACAR and other sources, double checked and then translated into English. Additionally, much care has been given to the readings of Japanese names - a very difficult task. Not only does the list provide us with information on the officers assigned but it gives us important order of battle information, such as when certain units were established and disestablished. Fontessa, I doff my hat to you for this significant contribution to the forum,

Wellgunde
γνώθι σαυτόν

wdgysin

Re: The Kaigun Jirei Koho

Post by wdgysin » 02 Jul 2015, 14:46

Well said, Wellgunde. I have followed this forum for about 5 years now and find our Japanese friends contributions outstanding! For those of us who don't speak Japanese and try hard in our translations of the subject matter, I just want to say thank you and keep up the good work, It is appreciated.

Return to “Japan at War 1895-1945”