On my stepping down

Discussions on all aspects of the Japanese Empire, from the capture of Taiwan until the end of the Second World War.
hisashi

On my stepping down

Post by hisashi » 13 Nov 2015, 02:16

Gents,

I am afraid to say that I want to step down from 'Japan at War 1895-1945' host.

I am 52 years old. Interested in European theater, mainly Wehrmacht. I have a personal site, well known among Japanese wehrmacht buffs and reenactors. Recently I had some try to German, and even Russian materials. Most of the tries owe to Google Translate(TM), but I keep my Japanese<->German electric dictionary and Japanese<->Russian electric dictionary, both considerably costly. The reading easily goes into a bog, taking so much time.

I am basically a TO&E/order of battle mania, so in many of my quest I have only to know a limited number of words such as Infanteriedivision. стрелковая дивизия (rifle division) is a little hader nuts, but it is Mr. Google Translate to crack it, not me. Rather, I could give a sense to my Russian query only after basic informations provided from Colonel David Glantz, including his desktop publications (though most of them have been reissued). I spent much time and money for two decades to reach this stage. My investment in three decades ago in my colege, German as the second foreign language class and Russian as the additional class, considerably helped me.

In these one or two years, I gradually became conscious how much time would be left for me, with some quality of life. Facing endless request in the forum, I became severe to select questions only answerable with little time. But it is not enough. I feel I have lost sympathy to those who long for shortcut to break Japanese language barrier, compared to my own struggle and long-term investment. In long-term view, it is not the rule breakers, but good members of the forum, who mainly claimed my time.

A mine in my mind exploded on dealing with 'Shattered Sword - Opinions?' thread, quite by chance. The problem is on me, that I cannot conceal my real hope, to save the time here for myself, under little hardship. Old members remember a bomb of the same kind invoked last year and I stopped answering any question. It would recur whenever some tention would fall on me. So I think the time has come.

Hearing of my activity here, Japanese friends showed various reaction. A friend of mine praised me that somebody should do such, while another did not hide distaste for 'those' who pirate any texts, pics and drawings from commercial publications; one of his publications suffered such a piracy in foreign site long ago. I myself believe I piled something positive here, of considerable common value, with invaluable aid from you participants.

Eventually contact to Peter H, my respectable colleague, did not recover. Helps from Marcus Wendel and many moderators, above all David Thompson's hard work in H&WC section has been essential for Japanese members concentrate to our interest and goal here.

I don't want to shut down contact via PM in this forum, but I suppose my activity in Japan at War section would be minimized, and I do not reply any inquiry about IJA/IJN via PM as I did not.

Hiasashi Namikawa

Joan Pinyol

Re: On my stepping down

Post by Joan Pinyol » 14 Nov 2015, 13:03

So long, Hisashi Namikawa. It has been a pleasure to share with you so many topics during all these years.
Kind regards

Xavier

Post by Xavier » 14 Nov 2015, 18:58

thanks for all your work and sharing all your efforts all these years..enjoy life..!
(and if you ever pass by central mexico you are invited to have a cup of tea..!)

Eugen Pinak

Post by Eugen Pinak » 15 Nov 2015, 12:22

Hisashi - thank you very much for your hard work on this forum. Information you've provided here over the years was a great help for me (and not only me, I'm sure). And your topic "Japanese Decision 1905-1945" is an example for me, how even very complicated matters can be explained in shot, yet clear wording.

Jerry Asher

Post by Jerry Asher » 16 Nov 2015, 02:37

Please accept my good wishes for your own happiness and thanks for all your many contributions.

wdgysin

Post by wdgysin » 16 Nov 2015, 03:15

Thank you Hisashi for all your efforts for this forum and it's readers, Best of luck in your endeavors.

paulrward

Post by paulrward » 16 Nov 2015, 05:07

To Mr. Hisashi Namikawa ;

Thank you for all of your hard work in making this forum such an excellent means of exchanging information.

Respectfully ;

Paul R. Ward
Information not shared, is information lost
Voices that are banned, are voices who cannot share information....
Discussions that are silenced, are discussions that will occur elsewhere !

stulev

Post by stulev » 16 Nov 2015, 17:31

Thank you Hisashi I have learned much from your posts

Luftflotte2

Post by Luftflotte2 » 16 Nov 2015, 20:48

Thank you for your time helping AHF!

CINCPAC

Post by CINCPAC » 17 Nov 2015, 16:43

Sir,

I'm relatively new to the forum but I have read many of your posts. I have learned so much from that and I'm saddened I was not able to get to know you personally.

Be safe and good luck in all your endeavors!

Rich

Return to “Japan at War 1895-1945”