Recommended reading on the fortifications & artillery

Discussions on the fortifications, artillery, & rockets used by the Axis forces.
jopaerya

Re: Recommended reading on the fortifications & artillery

Post by jopaerya » 04 Apr 2012, 19:37

name of the book : Atlantikwall Utah Beach
authors : Alain Chazette and Emmanuel Férey english translation by the pictures
contens : all Stp. and W.n. in very tiny details on the Utah landings beaches in Normandy
cover : softcover
contents pages : Lots of new information on all concrete structures of the Stp. and W.n.
from tobruks to St bunkers
language : French and English ( photocaptions)
pages : 80
size : A 4
weight : 0.6 kg
additional infos : information on construction , troops , bunker drawings and weapons at Utah beach
price : 22.00 Euro
ISBN : 978-2-915767-51-3
order : http://www.histoire-fortifications.com/index.asp

Regards Jos
Attachments
2012 .JPG

jopaerya

Post by jopaerya » 06 Jun 2012, 16:46

Hello All

There is a new typologie is out about Tobruks and all emplacements and bunkers that could house the 5 cm K.w.K .
in the Atlantikwall and Sudwall . The purpose of this book is to get some order in many variations of Tobruks not
only the standard designs but also the local designs are described in this book . 192 pages with 1300 new drawings
and picture's filled in with information . From what I have allready read a very good book although I personally do not agree with each type number, an asset to the bunker world .

name of the book : Specilal Typologie
authors : Alain Chazette and team
contens : A book with all Tobruks and material that was used in them and the 5 cm KwK with all bunkers
contents pages :language : French
pages : 192
weight : 1.2 kg
additional infos : listing of all Panzerturrets on ringstanden in A.W.
price : 29.00 Euro + porto
ISBN : 978-2-915767-52-0
Attachments
alain 4.JPG
Last edited by jopaerya on 06 Jun 2012, 21:47, edited 1 time in total.

M19 MADMAL
Location: M19 Mortar Bunker. STRONGPOINT CORBIERE. Jersey. Channel Islands

Post by M19 MADMAL » 06 Jun 2012, 17:50

jopaerya wrote: There is a new typologie is out about Tobruks and all emplacements and bunkers that could house the 5 cm K.w.K .
in the Atlantikwall and Sudwall . The purpose of this book is to get some order in many variations of Tobruks not
only the standard designs but also the local designs are described in this book .
Looks good 8-) . . . are the Channel Islands included?

Regards,
Malcolm :milwink:
"I had expected only ruins", "It's as if I had only left the bunker yesterday!"
Herr Engelbert Hoppe. M19 bunker Commander 1944/45 when he first returned in 2006.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/StrongpointCorbiereJersey/

jopaerya

Post by jopaerya » 06 Jun 2012, 18:19

No , only France with lists with the tankturrets in Holland , Belgium and C.I. ,
but many of the type's are also build in the C.I. , I am allways joking to Alain that
his Atlantikwall starts in Bray-Dunes and the Sudwall stops at Menton .

Regards Jos

JKernwerk

Post by JKernwerk » 07 Jun 2012, 17:55

What!
Isn't that true.........;-)
JK

jopaerya

Post by jopaerya » 01 Jul 2012, 19:03

There is a new book out about a part of the Festung Lorient ( the sector TA /FUB Süd )
All Stp. and W.n. in this sector are written with clear maps and all with bunkertype's , for me
personel a nice view is given from a 10.5 cm S.K.C/33 and a 12.8 cm Flak 40 M batterie .
But also normal infanterie W.n. and Stp. for H.Q. ( Kernevel , La Ter and Kerloudan ) . Alain
Chazette is this year very busy with writing and publishing , this is the third book this year
and the fourth is on his way about the German coast batterie's at Griz Nez .

name of the book : Larmor Plage ( Forteresse de Lorient )
authors : Alain Chazette and team
contens : see info
contents pages :language : French
pages : 72
weight : 0.7 kg
additional infos : cover with color picture's and maps
price : 22.00 Euro + porto
ISBN : 978-2-915767-53-7

Regards Jos

P.S. I have no bonds or shares in Alains company
Attachments
alain52.JPG

stril

Post by stril » 01 Jul 2012, 22:54

this is the third book this year and the fourth is on his way
Quality any good when in such a hurry ?
regards
stril

AvB
Financial supporter

Post by AvB » 02 Jul 2012, 14:28

Lots of books about small parts of the wall.. I don't know what to think about this concept.

dirk Peeters

Post by dirk Peeters » 22 Jul 2012, 07:20

I ll think these books can be used but there are some errors in it from typologie that can be tolerated i ll think
I ll have all this books and in the future i am going to buy them as well but i ll hope a little more studying and verification can do wonders on books like this
Dirk

jopaerya

Post by jopaerya » 03 Sep 2012, 19:59

Hello All

Two new books for sale , missing the details yet .

Regards Jos
Attachments
cover.jpg
numari10.jpg

AvB
Financial supporter

Post by AvB » 06 Sep 2012, 11:32

Anyone has "Der deutsche Festungsbau von der Memel zum Atlantik" by Albert Molt (1988, and a later edition).
It sounds interesting but I don't know if it's just a very general story. Hope to hear from anyone.

JTG

Post by JTG » 06 Sep 2012, 12:28

http://www.ciosjersey.org.uk/pubs1.htm

"JERSEY'S GERMAN TUNNELS" is now available: contact details as on web-page.

Revised edition of the original Tunnels book, covering Jersey ONLY.

Francisco

Post by Francisco » 14 Sep 2012, 01:22

Titel: Der Atlantikwall 1940 - 1945

Die Befestigung der Küsten West- und Nordeuropas im Spannungsfeld nationalsozialistischer Kriegführung und Ideologie

Autor: Heber, Thorsten

http://docserv.uni-duesseldorf.de/servl ... et?id=2613

Direct link: http://docserv.uni-duesseldorf.de/servl ... ivate-2613

160mb / 920 pages

Saska

Post by Saska » 12 Nov 2012, 17:09

Hello

I would like to introduce our new book about the Naval Artillery of the West Wall along the Upper Rhine Valley in Germany.

Titel: Die Marinegeschütze des Westwalls am Oberrhein.
Ein Beitrag zur Geschichte der deutschen Westbefestigungen

Author: Sascha Kuhnert & Friedrich Wein

Contens : The complete history of the 10,5cm Ubts- u. Tbts-K L/45, 17cm SK L/40-, 24cm SK L/50-, 28cm H L/12-, 30,5cm SK L/50- and the depth charge batteries, their guns, their bunkers, their crews, their activities and role in the german Westwall during Oktober 1938 - June 1940 in the German Upper Rhien Valley.

We descripe every of those naval guns and ammunitions and their technical history and details in a own chapters. Also the history of the 24cm SK L/50 Batterie "Oldenburg" and the 30,5cm SK L/50 Batterie "Friedrich-August" before their guns came to the Westwall is very detailed descriped with batterie plans, drawaings and picture at own chapters. We can also give detailed information about the places and batteries from where the 17cm SK L/40 naval guns came from as well as we offer new information about the source area of the two ex. russian 10 Inch coastal guns which became later the 24cm guns of the Batterie "Oldenburg". Also the modification work of those guns which happend already in the late 1920s and complety illegal and secretly at Krupp is descriped which historical picture and technical drawings. We also tell what happend to third barrel of the splitted 30,5cm SK L/50 Batterie "Friedrich-August" meanwhile the two went to the Westwall and untile all three god united in Sommer 1940 at the Altantikwall.

In the same way we descripe the construction of every batterie emplacment and every Westwall bunker for those naval guns of the Regelbau 30, 30a, 34, 35, 36 and the housing bunkers for the gun crews as well as water suply and telecommunication bunkers and never realised projects for similar bunkers for naval weapons at the river Rhein in Germany. The activities and actions of all the Westwall Naval Batteries during the time of the Phoney War and during the attac of the 7th German Army (General Dollmann) over the Rhine into Alsace at Battle of France is the biggest chapter of the book and there we present the detailed dates and numbers of rounds of the shootings, the targets in France, the result and also the reason why the order had been given for every shot, as well as the reactions of the french artillery which was shooting back from Alsace. Als as part of this chapter we also provide a complete description of the moment of charging, aiming, firing and reloading illustrated by original photos of the 30,5cm SK L/50 Batterie Ottenhöfen which was as "Schwere Stellungsbatterie 230 Ottenhöfen" the heaviest of all Westwall batteries. We also descripe the cooperation work of the Westwall Naval Batteries and the german railway guns in the Upper Rhine Valley at that time, as well as several artillery duels with the french guns over the river Rhein untile the end of the Battle of France.

Furthermore we give by historical picture and reports of crew members an overview of the removal and activities of those Westwall Naval Batteries to the Atlantikwall at Calais and to the Krim Peninsula at the Black Sea after June of 1940. We descripe also the rearmament work of the Westwall Naval Batteries at the Upper Rhine Valley of 1944 and 1945 and their fightings untile the end of the war with drawings, sketches and picture. Finally there is a whole chapter about the demolition work of the naval batteries and their bunkers at the Upper Rhine Valley after the end of the war and their remainings nowadays buy "then and now" picture comparisons. The book with its 640 pages is a resulat of more than 10 years of research work in several archivs all over Europe and in the field, as well as interviewing crew members and local witnesses to history.

Titel : Die Marinegeschütze des Westwalls am Oberrhein.
Ein Beitrag zur Geschichte der deutschen Westbefestigungen

Author : Sascha Kuhnert & Friedrich Wein
Contents pages : B&W and color photo's , drawings, sketches, maps, schematics, text
Piture : 489 pictures= 350 historical photos, 100 current photos, 30 sketches, 2 schematics, 7 maps
Cover : Hardcover
Language : German
Pages : 640 (!)
size : A4
weight : 2.6 kg
ISBN : 978-3-937779-29-4
Puplished by : Explorate-Verlag
Price : 35.00 Euro + porto
Order : http://www.explorate-verlag.de/buecher/ ... 0bf0f88d02
or http://www.fortress-books.com/uk/fortre ... id=5508540

As additional information I will put here some picture from pages of our book in the order of its chapters. If there is an interest of more picture or any questions about the book just let me know.

Greetings Saska
Attachments
unbenannt1.jpg
Front cover
phpK0NUGtAM.jpg
30,5cm Batterie Ottenhöfen in action at the Westwall June 1940
phpskmrkIAM.jpg
24cm Batterie Maisenbühl at the Westwall June 1940

kstdk

Post by kstdk » 16 Nov 2012, 21:00

Hello all

New book out in short time, 2 december 2012:

The Bunkers at the German Headquarter in Silkeborg - only in Danish, sorry 8-)

But - 200+ pictures both new and old never published before and maps and drawings, so in all a book for any one interested in the special bunkers present in Silkeborg.

Can be purchased later - from the site: http://www.bumus.dk

Price 198,00 Dkr. (26,50 Euro) + shipping.

Regards
Kurt
kstdk
Attachments
Ny bog på vej.jpg

Return to “Fortifications, Artillery, & Rockets”