Who recognise this Chateau

Discussions on the fortifications, artillery, & rockets used by the Axis forces.
jopaerya

Who recognise this Chateau

Post by jopaerya » 15 Feb 2010, 18:21

Hello

I know I am looking for a needle in a haystack but who recognise this "Chateau"

Photo = http://www.binsearch.info/?q=Meine+Dien ... =7&server=

Regards Jos
Attachments
chateau where.jpg
chateau where.jpg (32.56 KiB) Viewed 1221 times

kstdk

Re: Who recognise this Chateau

Post by kstdk » 15 Feb 2010, 19:09

Hello Jos

I would say it has a certain reasemblence with Saint-Germain-en-Laye?

It also would suit the building of bunkers in the yard and in the garden - would´nt it :)

Quite sure - but have a look at this picture.

Also for bunkers at the Chateau:

http://images.google.dk/images?hl=da&rl ... q=&start=0

Regards
Kurt
kstdk
Attachments
chateau_st_germain_en_laye.jpg
chateau_st_germain_en_laye.jpg (138.58 KiB) Viewed 1207 times
chateau_de_saint-germain-en-laye.jpg
chateau_de_saint-germain-en-laye.jpg (83.03 KiB) Viewed 1209 times

jopaerya

Post by jopaerya » 15 Feb 2010, 19:47

Hi Kurt

I think you have a winner , thanks friend .

Regards Jos

jopaerya

Post by jopaerya » 15 Feb 2010, 23:05

Hello

I think it's this 621 that we see on the first photo .
http://www.mablehome.com/fortification/ ... aye-01.htm

Regards Jos

Maurice Laarman

Post by Maurice Laarman » 17 Feb 2010, 23:38

Well, I don't like France too much, but should I be going to Paris again, I am sure I will visit this castle with bunkers! Looks very interesting, thanks for sharing!

Maurice

stril

Post by stril » 18 Feb 2010, 09:30

Well, I don't like France too much
Thats what i call useless information :-)
regards
stril

kstdk

Post by kstdk » 18 Feb 2010, 12:55

Hello

"Well, I like France very much, and when I am going to Paris again, I am sure I will visit this castle with bunkers!"

That´s making the opinion on France back to neutral - does´nt it :lol:

For sure this is an interesting place - The HQ of von Rundstedt with several bunkers on the area - worth seing, and today, it houses the Musée d'Archéologie Nationale (Museum of National Archeology).

There is som other interesting places in Paris surroundings as well - Chateau de Maisons-Lafitte, Chateau de Vincennes for starters - all with connection to the German Army during the occupation.

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... 0&t=163106

Regards
Kurt
kstdk

Maurice Laarman

Post by Maurice Laarman » 18 Feb 2010, 20:09

Well, you might find it obsolete comment, but after all that is what we all do, give our opinion here. See my posts and you will notice I am not somebody looking for an argument. Opinions are generally not based on one event, but several, and that is how my opinion also surfaced which was confirmed again this weekend.
In a country where people do not wish to speak anything else than French, even in the tourist places, I don't feel welcome to much. Even if you try to speak French, which I learned in school, but your pronunciation is not 100%, they act like they don't understand a word. I think that says a lot of a countries nature, how you welcome tourist. It should be like a warm welcome - nice that you visite my country, but instead it is like - be glad that you are allowed to visit our great nation. So, just my two cents of thoughts, I am sure this will not withold somebody from visiting the nice French landscape, with it's many historical sites. I am afraid I have to visit Paris soon to go to the ECPAD. Calling and emailing them was useless, since nobody spoke English..

stril

Post by stril » 19 Feb 2010, 11:52

Well, you might find it obsolete comment, but after all that is what we all do, give our opinion here. See my posts and you will notice I am not somebody looking for an argument. Opinions are generally not based on one event, but several, and that is how my opinion also surfaced which was confirmed again this weekend.
In a country where people do not wish to speak anything else than French, even in the tourist places, I don't feel welcome to much. Even if you try to speak French, which I learned in school, but your pronunciation is not 100%, they act like they don't understand a word. I think that says a lot of a countries nature, how you welcome tourist. It should be like a warm welcome - nice that you visite my country, but instead it is like - be glad that you are allowed to visit our great nation. So, just my two cents of thoughts, I am sure this will not withold somebody from visiting the nice French landscape, with it's many historical sites. I am afraid I have to visit Paris soon to go to the ECPAD. Calling and emailing them was useless, since nobody spoke English..
OAAAHH... 8O 8O 8O
And with the above coments you want help, and say hello to the french members of the forum..?? :lol:
regards
stril

Maurice Laarman

Post by Maurice Laarman » 19 Feb 2010, 13:02

Not liking a country in general does not mean I can not be friends with French people. I am sure there are many nice persons overthere.

Bo2

Post by Bo2 » 21 Feb 2010, 11:32

Bonjour
Do you think that when you go in USA you have many people who whant to speak French ? NO ! and I know what I speak !
I do not think only when I would go in Holland I would find many people who want to speak well French !
I asked to German archive in French AND in English some thing : they answered by a printed form in German !
I spent 4 days at SHD and there was someone who don't speak french, the personnel of the SHD made the effort speak English !
JF very :x :x

Maurice Laarman

Post by Maurice Laarman » 22 Feb 2010, 01:18

So? Even if I try to speak French in France, they will not take the slightest effort to try to understand me when it is not pronounced correct. What is difficult about Ouvert ? And then visiting tourist places like Normandy or the Calais region, where almost nobody speaks English. Last week I went to Brussel, a city which is in Flanders and officialy bi-langual. There we only met very few people speaking English or Dutch. And the other ones were rude, like they always seems to become when you don't speak their language. I don't blame people not being capable of speaking other languages, but I do blame them, like I experienced over and over, if they don't try to be of service.

That's my experience, I read you had the same in Germany. And so everybody has his own experiences and forms an opinion.

But let's close the topic now, it started with a chateu, we can discuss this elsewere if necessary.

mablehome

Post by mablehome » 06 Mar 2010, 11:32

Hi Jos

I am the author of the website referenced above (http://www.mablehome.com/fortification/ ... aye-01.htm)

I am very interested by your black and white photo certainly taken during the construction of the blockhaus.

Do you have other photos like this one ?

Thanks

Michel
Michel at www.mablehome.com

kstdk

Post by kstdk » 06 Mar 2010, 12:36

Hello

They were from an expired E-Bay auction - I can not find it on E-Bay anymore:

See pictures attached here.

Dont know who bought them? Did you Jos?

Regards
Kurt
kstdk
Attachments
constructionbunkerstgen2.jpg
constructionbunkerstgen2.jpg (130.86 KiB) Viewed 784 times
constructionbunkerstgen1.jpg
constructionbunkerstgen1.jpg (139.47 KiB) Viewed 784 times
constructionbunkerstgen.jpg
constructionbunkerstgen.jpg (131.9 KiB) Viewed 784 times

jopaerya

Post by jopaerya » 06 Mar 2010, 17:16

Hello Kurt

It wasn't me , I also didn't heard who did buy them .

Regards Jos

Return to “Fortifications, Artillery, & Rockets”