Marine flak bettung

Discussions on the fortifications, artillery, & rockets used by the Axis forces.
jopaerya

Marine flak bettung

Post by jopaerya » 17 Apr 2014, 11:02

Hello All

Looks that the gun emplacement of this bunker is the same , the ground plan of the
bunker looks very different , but the basic squire (k) inside the ground plan is the same .

Found the bunker in the M.Fl.B. Neu Krug ( Jupiter ) in Swinemunde and M.Fl.B. Pries
in Kiel , the Polish drawing has a 12.8 cm Flak but I am not sure about that with shield .

Drawings = Hartmut Kath and Boguslaw Perzyk

Regards Jos
Attachments
axis oos.jpg
axis pos.jpg
axis os 20.JPG

Andrzej Ditrich

Re: Marine flak bettung

Post by Andrzej Ditrich » 17 Apr 2014, 11:59

Hello Jos,

I found this nice drawing from Kiel short time ago and was wondering too :D

Bogusław Perzyk was a pionier writing articles about bunkers in Poland (FF OWB, Pommernstellung, Marine Flak)
He was/is very good in first two subjects but the third one is completely different story and some mistakes can be found.
It doesn't make his articles worthless of reading but some corrections/additions can be made.

According to emplacement for 12,8 gun-I feel BP used in his article post war documents held by military archive + interviews with local inhibitians telling about 12,8... But the most importand are details :idea: For me this emplacement looks like for 10,5 or earlier 8,8 buit not for 12,8. I saw in Swinemunde emplacements for 12,8 but those were typical concrete platforms not bunkers with rooms. "Cupola for 12,8" looks to me fake -this emplacement was fitted with cupola for typical 10,5.

As far as I know there were no operational cupolas for 12,8 - only traces are: some titles of technical drawings in BAMA and pencil sketch of cupola for 2x12,8 on Flakturm in Sakkers book.

Regards
Andrzej

jopaerya

Post by jopaerya » 17 Apr 2014, 19:57

Thanks Andrzej

I found in the book Fortyfikacje Swinoujscia from Piotr a plan from the M.Fl.B. Venus
of a flak emplacement , could this be the same as the ones above ???

Regards Jos

SES
In memoriam

Post by SES » 18 Apr 2014, 08:10

For further info. on Pries please see:
http://www.gyges.dk/konaja_raum_kiebitz.htm
a link to the battery at the bottom.
bregds
SES

Return to “Fortifications, Artillery, & Rockets”