Dirk Peeters

Discussions on the fortifications, artillery, & rockets used by the Axis forces.
jopaerya

Dirk Peeters

Post by jopaerya » 21 Apr 2014, 19:06

Hello All

We just lost a member that always lived as the mission statement of this Forum "Information not shared is lost"
I hope that we can persuade him to return to this Forum and I know for personnel experience we are not perfect
and we all make mistakes . But I will try to do my best to get him back on board and I hope that you will help me ?

Regards Jos

leif-tore

Re: Dirk Peeters

Post by leif-tore » 21 Apr 2014, 19:29

I sure hope that Dirk will get back to this forum.
He is obviously a man with a lot of knowledge, and who is willing to share it with the rest of us.

Leif-Tore

wimve

Post by wimve » 21 Apr 2014, 19:43

You have my vote !
Thanks,

Wim
www.petromax.nl
3D : http://www.petromax.nl/Hanstholm.html
http://www.petromax.nl/DeBeer.html

kstdk

Post by kstdk » 21 Apr 2014, 19:59

Hello all

I also stand behind him, and I can understand that it is not a lot of fun always to be met with bad remarks and arguments from a few other members.

But I also will write to Dirk and try to talk to him to return back in the forum.

I was just together with him a couple of days ago here in Denmark. He is for sure a very competent Expert regarding measuring and drawing the bunkers as they are in the real world, and also notes the small different details that is the reason for the posts here on Axis.

Apart from that he is also a nice man to spend time together with.

Regards
Kurt
kstdk

CNOCK

Post by CNOCK » 21 Apr 2014, 20:27

Jos,

You have my vote

Eddy

Prosper Vandenbroucke

Post by Prosper Vandenbroucke » 21 Apr 2014, 20:47

You have mine also !!!!
Regards
Prosper

AW

Post by AW » 21 Apr 2014, 20:47

... if the German would have known that Dirk stop the work here
they would have never built the Wall!!!

Alex

Peter T

Post by Peter T » 21 Apr 2014, 21:27

Very sad indeed, but I can understand Dirk. This is the problem with forums, some members do not realize how time consuming research can be. Let’s hope Dirk returns when the dust has come down.

Peter

Jihem

Post by Jihem » 21 Apr 2014, 22:16

Thanks Jos to write with your words. Thanks to the others too, I agree.

Jacques

stril

Post by stril » 21 Apr 2014, 22:31

We just lost a member that always lived as the mission statement of this Forum "Information not shared is lost"
I hope that we can persuade him to return to this Forum and I know for personnel experience we are not perfect
and we all make mistakes . But I will try to do my best to get him back on board and I hope that you will help me ?
I agree with you Jos, ill hope he would stay on the forum. There is one thing i dont get, i cant figure out what the thing is all about..
If one have another opinion, shouldnt it be posted ? There must be more to this than the postings in this forum.
Even Dirk have made som bad remarks of and to other members in this forum, and mostly to the french members.
I still think its wrong to boost out all of his frustration to the forum when leaving, for me it seems to be different opinions isnt tolerated.
regards
stril

Bunkerfreak

Post by Bunkerfreak » 21 Apr 2014, 23:32

Its bad for our knowledge base that Dirk left, as he was my mentor for many years, unfortunatly the relationship went down for several stupid reasons, but i'm always thankfull that dirk learned me a lot of stuff during those good years in the field.

But i understand his decission, that he left from the forums, i know he don't need the forum like some persons do, now those who think they where better can proof that they are better, if not, they all fade away in time...

I hope that after this time Dirk comes back, but i think its pointless if he comes back now, so he do not make a statement.
I hope you get my point here? cause my english is to bad to explain what i feel about those wars.

Thanks for the good info's and expertise Dirk! :thumbsup:

Regards
Tom "Bunkerfreak" Oliviers

Ronald Visser

Post by Ronald Visser » 22 Apr 2014, 00:54

Being an expert in your chosen field of research will always draw questions and criticism from others, this is a fact of life and does come with the authority you have on your subject. You can argue and answer the questions and hopefully get your point across or alternatively revise your own opinion on the matter at hand and share that with the others. You can also choose to ignore the query or the person that is asking the question and let the matter rest.

What Mr. Peeters should understand is that a lot of his posts and detailed information is very much appreciated by others who are also interested in the subject matter. Further Mr. Peeters is not alone in his frustrations, other experts on this forum have been and some still are battling with the same or similar issues. What is important is that the fast majority of the members that are following the Fortifications & Artillery section appreciate the knowledge and expertise Mr. Peeters has and his contributions are very much appreciated by the active members but also the “lurkers” like me.

I would kindly ask and suggest to Mr. Peeters to let the matter rest for a couple of days and then reflect on it again when all the dust has been settled and maybe some emotions have been subsided after which a balanced decision can be made. I’m sure that you would make a lot of friends and forum members happy if you would revise your decision to leave this fine forum.

SES
In memoriam

Post by SES » 22 Apr 2014, 09:29

Hi Ronald,
Vey well spoken, my exact sentiments.
kind regards
SES

Eax-E

Post by Eax-E » 22 Apr 2014, 14:05

Hello,

I agree with stril.

If someone is no able to commit in a polite but contradictory debate without becoming irritated, his place is not on a forum.

Regards

jazote

Post by jazote » 22 Apr 2014, 15:54

Dirk PLEASE come back....!!
a forum without you, is no more a forum....
Regards
JLM

Return to “Fortifications, Artillery, & Rockets”