Dirk Peeters

Discussions on the fortifications, artillery, & rockets used by the Axis forces.
Nectar

Re: Dirk Peeters

Post by Nectar » 22 Apr 2014, 16:18

I hope Dirk realises what he leaves behind and comes back.

However, I think he has a very short fuse. Wim V. asked about a height and he jumps right on. But I think this time was a remark about the M170/M270 discussion that someone said he doesn't believe the straight/inclined ammo pass-through was the droplet.

I find it very discerning that people don't listen to arguments and don't even try to discuss just because the other party is of the "wrong side". Dirk has made very good points on this (and many other) disscussion(s) and tries to argument those with measurments and archive material. IMO is everyone free to believe if it's true, but I can understand that it frustating to see a post like: "I don't believe it. Where's the german document?" totally ignoring his research.

If this would happen on work with colleages you would also feel ignored and useless...

I find it most iritating that in almost every post from our french members you can feel a subtone. Mostly it is written in bad frenglish which is hard to decypher but you can feel the stabbing motion. Jos, Dirk, SES, kdstk, der Bunkermann and many others are never to bad to post or share drawings that cost us time and a lot of money to find for free just for the cause of research. I noticed (most) of the mongers here almost never share anything or start yabbing about copyright when someone they don't like posts something. Not only that, but meaningful drawings and photos got removed just because they want to irritate BelFra. Instead of focussing on the research itself and getting together the only thing left is to annoy each other.

I don't know and don't want to know what has happend in the last past years in France between people. I have high regards for those people who took our hobby into the post-Rolf era. Personally I have nothing to do with anyone of them. I buy books, I work through archives and I mail around hoping I will be of some day of the same standard the people here are.

You should treat the people you work with decent. You're stuck with them for them longer. You all work for the same company and serving the same cause. It doesn't mean you have to like them, just act like it and be like adults. Count to 10.

Bunkerfreak

Post by Bunkerfreak » 22 Apr 2014, 16:45

I think its also the problem with the language, for me, english fits best, my french is worse and my german i cannot write but i understand it when i'm reading it and hearing it. This makes many debates more difficult, perhaps its usefull to place ure answer in english and in youre native language underneat, just to set the tone, which is also possible to translate with google translate.

I Have sometimes a simular problem on another forum that i asked something and the other jumped like hell like i insulted him which was totally not my purpose, but its due to the fact of the language problem.

i've tried to use translate to place my text in dutch and translate, but this way makes even more nonsenses... i hope there comes someday a free programm that can feel the tone and understand the dialects which can translate a whole text like it should be... this shall solve a lot of troubles.

Anyway, i'm certain Dirk comes back, but he must make a point first (which is allready working if i read comments here) i had my moments also some years ago, when i say "fuck (excuse me) that, i quit my website and delete all pictures on the forums"... after some weeks i felt myself uncomfortable because it was normal to post something somewhere, and when you disconnect completely you gonna feel an emptyness because there is no purpose of youre study at all. Its in our nature to share our findings.

I think its not the purpose to begin "sucking balls" now, cause no-one is the best, but Dirk is sure one of the better and respected researchers. its the whole community which makes us the best 8-)

der bunkermann

Post by der bunkermann » 22 Apr 2014, 18:17

Everything is said, lets get on with sharing info about fortifications!
If Dirk comes back that would be good for the forum, if he don't thats his choice.
I hope the other guys with whom Dirk has trouble also stay around, because they also mean alot for the forum..

I dont think it has to do everything with language problem, but it is part of the problems of the digital era.
There seem to be some pain from the past that keeps popping up, and causing these guys to act like girls during there period :lol: .
It would be great if Dirk and his "opponents" show us and themselves that they are grown up people and keep the research on the forum cause there is still so much to learn from each other!

It's quite annoying to read every time pointless conversations about subjects that don't ring a bell by the other forummembers..

Gr, Tim

wimve

Post by wimve » 22 Apr 2014, 20:34

Nectar wrote:I hope Dirk realises what he leaves behind and comes back.
However, I think he has a very short fuse. Wim V. asked about a height and he jumps right on. But I think this time was a remark about the M170/M270 discussion that someone said he doesn't believe the straight/inclined ammo pass-through was the droplet.
Ho stop !
Dirk's reaction has nothing to do with my question about the heights. He told me this in a personal email. The timing was bad.

Dirk's reason lays deeper, much deeper and has a long fuse if I may say so. At this moment it is the last droplet was the M170/M270 topic indeed.
Also and I do make the same mistakes: English isn't our native language. So a word as mistake means something else then a error.

For the rest:
I am pretty sure that french forum members have more difficulties with the english then we dutch who get some education in it at school.
What can help here is to install a dictionary. When I type this I set the language in english and I get right lines under the wrong words. Firefox> add ons > dictonary

You are right in going back to the concrete but let us not forget the person(s) behind it. In the biggest sense.
Thanks,

Wim
www.petromax.nl
3D : http://www.petromax.nl/Hanstholm.html
http://www.petromax.nl/DeBeer.html

moonraker

Post by moonraker » 23 Apr 2014, 13:20

hello,
member of belfra I am confront a same problem,you do not know the whole story is complicated.I am close to dirk and I understand his act,but not prevents us from continuing our teamwork. :wink:

Projekt-Westwall

Post by Projekt-Westwall » 23 Apr 2014, 18:45

My meaning, get him back!

I have also my Problems with every language... :-)

BRegards
Markus
ON NE PASSE PAS!

JKernwerk

Post by JKernwerk » 23 Apr 2014, 22:43

moonraker wrote:hello,
member of belfra I am confront a same problem,you do not know the whole story is complicated.I am close to dirk and I understand his act,but not prevents us from continuing our teamwork. :wink:
I Know Etienne..... :wink:
Most of the time it is hard reading.
Do not know the source of the issue why Dirk left (had a nice easter weekend and an in between modems moment), but we can/must live with language errors, if it is still understandable and otherwise just do not comment.
One of the problems on some forums is that you have to post several posts to get full access, we do not have this kind of things on AHF and that's a good thing.
The forum is nothing without us!

But the Internet is sometimes a strange place.
And we must sometimes get over things where in normal situations this would never had to be a big problem.
On forums we can not see the facialexpressions of the real humans behind the aliasses.

Dirk get your self together (and it does not matter if it takes some time)!
JK

dirk Peeters

Post by dirk Peeters » 25 Apr 2014, 09:01

a remark that i m gonna post here
first
our problem has nothing to do with misunderstanding the French or the english and i m not going to discuss our problem with some folks in public , that only make things worse
I m in contact with many of you on e mail and not only friends but also the "feind" if you pardon this expression
If we can arrange that the dust settles down and we (we is all persons who knows it concerns them and of course myself) learn to respect each other then we can achieve great things but i m willing to do that but it has to come from both sides
so i will say let us respect each other and we stop the attacks (also the hidden ones , certainly these ones) and then we can make a restart
i ll think it is possible and it s not going to be easy but i will try it
and as we just achieved .... private mails can be usefull to avoid battles

and thanks to many folks here for their support

Dirk Peeters

stril

Post by stril » 25 Apr 2014, 09:25

so i will say let us respect each other and we stop the attacks (also the hidden ones , certainly these ones) and then we can make a restart
i ll think it is possible and it s not going to be easy but i will try it
and as we just achieved .... private mails can be usefull to avoid battles
:thumbsup:
regards
stril

kstdk

Post by kstdk » 25 Apr 2014, 09:47

Hello

Wise decision - wise Words :thumbsup:

Regards
Kurt
kstdk

Andrzej Ditrich

Post by Andrzej Ditrich » 25 Apr 2014, 11:40

:welcome: :thumbsup:

Jens Andersen

Post by Jens Andersen » 25 Apr 2014, 12:27

Welcome back, Dirk!

Jens

SES
In memoriam

Post by SES » 25 Apr 2014, 14:41

Hi Dirk,
Welcome back, greatly appreciated.
bregds
SES

wimve

Post by wimve » 28 Apr 2014, 13:35

Dirk,

Welcome back.
Can you please activate your pm and email again ?

Wim

dirk Peeters

Post by dirk Peeters » 28 Apr 2014, 14:35

ok i ll think it will be working now

Return to “Fortifications, Artillery, & Rockets”