PP - PPK Holster?

Discussions on the small arms used by the Axis forces.
MikeS0000

PP - PPK Holster?

Post by MikeS0000 » 12 Jan 2014, 21:45

Hello Folks -

Picked this up a while ago with another batch of items, and have no idea. This is way out of my collecting area. But any opinions appreciated. If the photos appear full size That is close to the actual size.

Thanks!
- Mike

"Collecting WW1 Materials - Helmets, Bayonets and Bolt Actions"

John G.
Host - Militaria sections

Re: PP - PPK Holster?

Post by John G. » 13 Jan 2014, 12:53

Not a German WW2 PPK holster, looks more like a smaller, possibly ".25mm Auto." or very small frame "7.65/.32 Auto" (but hard to judge size without PPK for scale).... the circular eagle rubber stamp marking in NOT how they marked holsters, and NO GERMAN WW 2 holster (or "occupation" holsters) used a "Snap Button" closure system...(I can't think of any WW2 holsters from ETO that used snaps)...but not my speciality, I quite "firearms" so I could concentrate on "stuff" in the mid-70s...couldn't afford both.

Don't know exactly, but NOT German WW2....probably European....poss. wartime, probably postwar....but the "stamp markings" hurt it in this case IMO.

Displayable....maybe someone can ID it exactly....but definately NOT the WW2 German version IMHO.
John G.

P.S. ; I have seen "circular stamped" original holsters....but all were suspect to having been embellishments added to increase the value IMO... but some were probably original....

StefanSiverud

Re: PP - PPK Holster?

Post by StefanSiverud » 15 Jan 2014, 00:00

In short, I agree with everything John G said.

The general shape and layout looks like a standard PPK (not so much a PP) holster, but it could just as well be for some other small pistol. The circle around the eagle does indeed look iffy, as does the size of the stamp. The snap button is certainly not the standard method of closing pistol holsters of the period, although I have seen photos of some one-offs, probably custom made, using a snap button. Additionally, the leather looks quite soft and overall it seems poorly made.

It could be a custom or self-made holster from the period, but it has several things that are somewhat off about it. Your best bet to get a somewhat straight answer would be asking on a dedicated Walther forum, such as http://www.waltherforums.com or http://p38forum.com/forums/index.php or a good dealer.

Return to “Small Arms”