STG44 info wanted

Discussions on the small arms used by the Axis forces.
TCZ22

STG44 info wanted

Post by TCZ22 » 26 Sep 2014, 03:40

I will be picking this original STG44 up in a few weeks time & wanted opinions on it, positive or negative. It's an old spec deac (UK based) with a manufacture date of 1945. The pouches are repro as informed by seller, the sling has a RZM & SS marks in the circles, been told by another these markings are not original & have been added at a later date. Not sure if the sling or the mags are real, seller never said they were not. Has the ERMA manufacture code af, it also comes with original oiler bottle. 2 of the mags look to be shorter than the other 3. Any info on this gun would be very much appreciated.

Apologies for the quality of some of the pics, all I have at the moment.
Thanks for any help or information given.

Cheers Tim.

Sarge

Re: STG44 info wanted

Post by Sarge » 30 Sep 2014, 01:33

Sling markings are Fake! Since you do not show the rest of the sling or any other markings on it I can't say about it.
The mags are all the same length. IF he had an original 20 rd mag it would be very noticeably shorter.
Can't say if the mags are WW 2 or post war east German since you do not show the markings on them.
Can't see the oil bottle well enuf to say for sure, But doesn't look German?
Sarge
Calling Illegal Aliens “Undocumented residents” is like call Drug Dealers “Unlicensed Pharmacists!”
LIFEMEMBER: NRA, VFW, DAV, SFA, SOA, 281AHC Assoc & CAF

TCZ22

Post by TCZ22 » 30 Sep 2014, 09:22

Thanks for the info Sarge. I was aware the sling was fake which is no big deal really, used K98 slings I believe. The mags am not sure of and I only have these pics. What markings would determine them WW2? Thanks for anymore info.

Tim.

Sarge

Post by Sarge » 02 Oct 2014, 00:40

One side will be marked MP 43, MP 44, usv. the other side will have a WaA and the makers 2 or 3 letter code.
One thing for sure, unless they are the jap shoei made repros they will be either WW2 or east German.
Sarge

pitfighter

Post by pitfighter » 13 Mar 2015, 04:35

Sarge wrote:One side will be marked MP 43, MP 44, usv. the other side will have a WaA and the makers 2 or 3 letter code.
One thing for sure, unless they are the jap shoei made repros they will be either WW2 or east German.
Sarge
Or Chinese replica MP44 mags - also marked with MP44 and 3 letter code.
There are supposedly a couple of companies making reproduction mags.
They are offered in phosphate or blue from a German company - in 32 or 10 round size.
East german mags are often marked 1001
There was some talk of late war 25 round mags which were 32 round bodies with extended mag followers - but according to Sturmgewehr! these were never issued in any numbers.

All of the mags pictured look good to me.
Sling is NG.

pitfighter

Post by pitfighter » 13 Mar 2015, 04:37

Sarge wrote:One side will be marked MP 43, MP 44, usv. the other side will have a WaA and the makers 2 or 3 letter code.
Sarge
Or Chinese replica MP44 mags - also marked with MP44 and 3 letter code.
There are supposedly a couple of companies making reproduction mags.
They are offered in phosphate or blue from a German company - in 32 or 10 round size.
East german mags are often marked 1001
There was some talk of late war 25 round mags which were 32 round bodies with extended mag followers - but according to Sturmgewehr! these were never issued in any numbers.

All of the mags pictured look good to me, but would need to see closer pic.

Sling is NG.

Nice late war MP44 - late style ringed mag release button -
Please show more pics of the oil bottle -
Are the numbers matching on the parts, bolt, stock, fittings - many later war were not matched, but many were.

Please delete the above double post - thx :)

Return to “Small Arms”