Help ID uniforms

Discussions on all aspects of Imperial Germany not covered in the other sections.
dpeteaz

Help ID uniforms

Post by dpeteaz » 27 Feb 2016, 23:33

I could use some help identifying these uniforms on my great uncles. I think they are WW1 German. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Attachments
Peter Lorenzen.jpg
Peter Lorenzen.jpg (35.81 KiB) Viewed 600 times
Peter and Martin Lorenzen.jpg

HistoryDude046347

Re: Help ID uniforms

Post by HistoryDude046347 » 01 Mar 2016, 05:01

I'm not really an expert on this sort of thing but I think I might be able to help you. OK so all 3 men look to be from ww1.The man in the bottom picture and the one on the left in the top picture are part of the Imperial German Navy or the "Kaiserliche Marine". The one on the bottom is an enlistedman wearing the standard dress uniform, reserved for formal ocasions and not actual combat. Now for the next picture, the man on the left is an enlisted man or possibly an NCO, he is wearing the uniform reserved for active duty\combat and the man on the right is an infantry officer. That is just some general information if you are looking to find more detailed information I hope I at least got you on the right track. Many Thanks. P.S. I can definitely tell these guys are related, the top two look almost identical :lol:

dpeteaz

Post by dpeteaz » 25 Mar 2016, 18:09

Thanks HistoryDude. I really appreciate the help. And yes, they are brothers.

Chris Dale
Host - German Colonies

Post by Chris Dale » 17 Apr 2016, 02:07

I agree with History Dude on the Kaiserliche Marine uniforms but I think the army figure is an enlisted rank rather than an officer. He has no rank insignia and has other ranks shoulder straps. His cockade appears to be Prussian.
Can you read what the cap bands say on the ornignial photos of the sailors, I can see one says MARINE....
Cheers
Chris

Return to “Imperial Germany”