Generalmajor Henning von Tresckow's family

Discussions on every day life in the Weimar Republic, pre-anschluss Austria, Third Reich and the occupied territories. Hosted by Vikki.
Peter H

Post by Peter H » 08 Sep 2007, 02:37

Peter H wrote:The General with his sons Mark and Rüdiger:

http://www.gdw-berlin.de/db_images/gross/7331.jpg

Rüdiger(born 1927) is listed as a student at the Schüler der Ritterakademie zu Brandenburg in 1945.
Actually that is Mark on the right,Rüdiger on the left according to another source.

Silke

Post by Silke » 08 Sep 2007, 11:14

It´s Mark on the left and Rüdiger on the right
The same picture appears in the book "Henning von Tresckow - Ich bin der ich war", by Sigrid Grabner and Hendrik Röder, on p. 38 where it is said that Mark is on the left. I also regocnize Mark and Rüdiger from other pictures.
Best regards,

Silke

Peter H

Post by Peter H » 08 Sep 2007, 16:22

Thanks!

A bit more on the Falkenhayn family here.

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=127110

It appears Richard was not a son of Erich von Falkenhayn.

Silke

Post by Silke » 08 Sep 2007, 17:37

Peter H wrote:There was a Rüdiger von Tresckow who ran the West German Ministry of Justice in the late 1970s but I don't know if this was the surviving son.
Uta von Aretin, Henning von Tresckow´s daughter, mentioned in an interview that her brother Rüdiger studied economics after the war. I found a Rüdiger von Tresckow as a shareholder of a consulting company. But I´m not sure if it´s the son, could be the grandson of Henning von Tresckow, rather.
The Minister of Justice in West-Germany was Hans-Jochen Vogel in the late 1970s. I have no clue about his secretary of state or other high ranking officials of that time.

Silke

Silke

Post by Silke » 01 Dec 2007, 00:23

I always liked this photo of Henning von Tresckow and his wife Erika.
Source: Bodo Scheurig, Henning von Tresckow - Ein Preuße gegen Hitler, Frankfurt/Main and Berlin, 1987

Silke
Attachments
Erika_Henning_Tresckow_in_Wartenberg(600 x 366).jpg
Erika_Henning_Tresckow_in_Wartenberg(600 x 366).jpg (74.46 KiB) Viewed 4867 times

Emma Houlden

Re: Maj-General Henning von Tresckow's family

Post by Emma Houlden » 19 Sep 2010, 18:25

I am interested to find out more about the von Treskcow family tree, does anyone have nay information on Rudiger Von Tresckow and who he married (particularly the name of his wife). Any help would be greatly appreciated or anywhere I could find this information, thank you.

melian

Post by melian » 01 Nov 2010, 18:00

Hi everyone!

Me and my family made a misterious discovery in Hungary in a little village next to the Slovenian border. We found the tomb of Chrtistine von Tresckow. Does anyone know how she was realted to Henning von Tresckow? It is very interesting, that this woman is buried in a village where she was never before, and nobody knows anything about her there... it's just weird... Some say that, she was the daughter of a soldier who was in the plot against Hitler...however as I read, Henning didn't have a daughter, named Christine...

Frankfurter

Post by Frankfurter » 06 Nov 2010, 15:52

Emma Houlden wrote:I am interested to find out more about the von Treskcow family tree, does anyone have nay information on Rudiger Von Tresckow and who he married (particularly the name of his wife). Any help would be greatly appreciated or anywhere I could find this information, thank you.
I think Rüdiger von Tresckow became a leading bank manager in Frankfurt. I dont know if he is still alive, but if not, he must have died very recently.

BanjaLuca

Post by BanjaLuca » 24 Jun 2014, 11:16

Emma Houlden wrote:I am interested to find out more about the von Treskcow family tree, does anyone have nay information on Rudiger Von Tresckow and who he married (particularly the name of his wife). Any help would be greatly appreciated or anywhere I could find this information, thank you.
Hello. The posts are almost 4 years old. I don't know if anybody still reads this. To Emma Houlden: I have detailed information about the family tree until nowadays. If you read this please let me know if you are still interested in information about it.

valkyrie

Post by valkyrie » 24 Jun 2014, 15:36

FYI - Well known Widerstand historian Peter Hoffmann tells me he is currently working on a new bio of Tresckow.

Colin

solo

Post by solo » 04 May 2015, 01:24

Hello valkyrie,

Your reading list on the Resistance that you posted on anther thread has been immensely helpful; thank you.

I would love to get my hands on Hoffmann's bio on Tresckow but can't find any mention of it. I went so far as to email the gentleman myself but haven't heard back. Do you know anything about the status of the book?

Thank you,
sl

valkyrie

Post by valkyrie » 04 May 2015, 05:31

Peter Hoffmann is currently working on this book. I was discussing possible illustrations with him a couple of months ago. It is due out in 2016 i believe. Most of his works are published in German first and subsequently translated to English. i hope this one will be.

Regards

Colin

solo

Re: Generalmajor Henning von Tresckow's family

Post by solo » 04 May 2015, 23:23

Colin,

Thank you for your reply. I’m relieved to see you are still posting; you appear to be one of the most knowledgeable people I have encountered on any forum on the topic of German military resistance.

I certainly am counting on a translation! Are you an illustrator?

I’m currently about halfway through Hoffmann’s “German Resistance,”--and moving slowly-- where he is discussing the challenges the conspirators would face in cutting communications during the coup. I am also learning a bit more about General Erich Fellgiebel.

When I first started Hoffmann, I jotted down what I thought would be a few names of people I wanted to investigate further--Generals Halder, von Witzleben, Stieff, and von Hammerstein, all of whom I had never heard, along with Oster, Beck, Canaris and Gisevius, on the front inside cover of the book. I kept encountering more and more participants, and to my utter amazement, I have filled up both pages with names. I am literally out of room. My goal is to "become acquainted" with as many conspirators as possible: I feel strongly that, as I believe you might have said on another thread, these men deserve to be remembered. I am shocked at how few people know about anything further than the July 20 plot--and I've encountered many people, often on opposite sides of the fence, who refuse to believe that there was a significant military resistance beyond Stauffenberg!

From your reading suggestions on another thread, and through the handy link to a British seller of old and/or out of print books, I was able to locate and purchase (a literally falling apart copy of) “Germans Against Hitler.” I really appreciate your list.

Concurrently with that book, I am trying to decide whether to read Gisevius or von Schlabrendorff next. I vacillate!

Thank you again,
sl

Return to “Life in the Third Reich & Weimar Republic”