Hauptmann Friedrich Karl Klausing

Discussions on the personalities of the Wehrmacht and of the organizations not covered in the other sections. Hosted by askropp and Frech.
LilliMarlene

Re: Hauptmann Friedrich Karl Klausing

Post by LilliMarlene » 08 Mar 2015, 12:07

It's been ages since I've posted here, but I wanted to note a book I read about online: Stauffenbergs Gefährten. It profiles some lesser known conspiritors, such as Klausing, and the cover features a photo of Klausing I'd never seen before. The book, as far as I know, is solely available in German. There is a terrific article on the book at De Welt, as well, which I read using Google translator. Hope this post was helpful; have a great day!
"Wie einst, Lilli Marlene...."

Graphein

Post by Graphein » 02 Jul 2015, 16:41

A variant of "Klausing," namely, "Clausing," exists and some hundreds (if not thousands) of that name live in the United States. I do not know if the two families are related. Some of the American Clausings descend from a family that emigrated circa 1846. That family came from:

Schönewerda
06556 Roßleben, Germany
coordinates: 51° 19' 0" North, 11° 22' 0" East
Google Maps, input:  51° 19' 0" , 11° 22' 0" 

Relatives whose families did not emigrate still live in Schönewerda.

LilliMarlene

Post by LilliMarlene » 29 Mar 2017, 13:03

Just stopping by after a long time, wondering about Klausing still. I am posting the cover photo of the book I mentioned in my last post. I still don't read German, and I can't find the book in English or Italian, so...I am out of luck. Anyway, just renewing one of the most fun and challenging goose chases I've ever been on...
Attachments
vollmer-2-cover.jpg
vollmer-2-cover.jpg (73.83 KiB) Viewed 1370 times
"Wie einst, Lilli Marlene...."

callenet

Post by callenet » 30 Mar 2017, 03:11

LilliMarlene wrote:Just stopping by after a long time, wondering about Klausing still. I am posting the cover photo of the book I mentioned in my last post. I still don't read German, and I can't find the book in English or Italian, so...I am out of luck. Anyway, just renewing one of the most fun and challenging goose chases I've ever been on...
In this specific case I would suggest that you simply buy a copy of the book (if possible using the appropriate link app.php/page/support to support AHF ).

Then I see a few options for you to read the content regarding Klausing:
1/ Use Google Translate - scan or take a photo with your cellphone of each relevant page and upload. The translation should b good enough to give you a general idea of the content so you can plan for the next step.
2/ I would kindly check with the authors if they are working with another language - If yes offer some assistance.
3/ Ask kindly the authors If you can crowdsource a translation regarding Klausing. That would be a win/win situaton since the english versin could be used in a sales pitch to reach other markets.

dakrause

Post by dakrause » 09 Aug 2017, 19:12

The chapter in Vollmer's book is very similar to the article posted by valkyrie on 12 Jun 2009.

Do we have a date and description of Klausing's injuries on the eastern front?

dakrause

Post by dakrause » 14 Aug 2017, 22:44

I believe Klausing was injured during the Battle of Wolchow (Volkhov) near Lake Ladoga (Leningrad) mid-July 1943.

dakrause

Post by dakrause » 20 Jul 2018, 19:50

An article on Klausing based on newly discovered material was just published today: https://www.welt.de/geschichte/zweiter- ... -Juli.html

Return to “The Dieter Zinke Axis Biographical Research Section”