National Fascist Party Of Italy`s headquarters in Rome

Discussions on all aspects of Italy under Fascism from the March on Rome to the end of the war.
SeaofJapan

National Fascist Party Of Italy`s headquarters in Rome

Post by SeaofJapan » 02 Sep 2008, 20:43

Whats up with the "Si, si si si si si si si si" and that weird sculpture of Il Duce`s face?

Looks really weird, but i bet it some form of propaganda? Well i have never seen anything like it. I mean the face is really weird and looks like something from a movie...

I think it looks very powerful.

Source: Wikipedias article on Mussolini

arturolorioli

Re: National Fascist Party Of Italy`s headquarters in Rome

Post by arturolorioli » 10 Nov 2008, 10:20

[quote="KLHugo"]Whats up with the "Si, si si si si si si si si" and that weird sculpture of Il Duce`s face?
Looks really weird, but i bet it some form of propaganda? Well i have never seen anything like it. I mean the face is really weird and looks like something from a movie...

The building in the picture is Palazzo Braschi in Roma, where was located the HQ of the Rome Fascist Party Federation (the local, not national Party HQ). The "SI SI ..." lettereing (meaning "Yes Yes ...) are propaganda for one of the two "plebiscite" elections held during the Fascist Regime, where electors didn't voted for individual parties - there wasn't any but the Fascist one! - neither for single candidates, but just voted "Yes" or "Not" to a single list of candidates presented by the Duce himself.

I do have a picture of Palazzo Braschi adobed (much more soberly!) for the first plebiscite (1929) so this picture is quite certainly for the second one (1934).
Aighe-va

Arturo Filippo Lorioli
Via Cipro 47
00136 Roma (Italy)

Return to “Italy under Fascism 1922-1945”