1st Anti-Aircraft Artilery Regiment

Discussions on all aspects of Italy under Fascism from the March on Rome to the end of the war.
LColombo
Banned

1st Anti-Aircraft Artilery Regiment

Post by LColombo » 14 Jun 2016, 20:52

Is it possible to know where was deployed the 1st Anti-Aircraft Artillery Regiment (1° Reggimento Artiglieria Contraerea) in early September 1941?

Dili

Re: 1st Anti-Aircraft Artilery Regiment

Post by Dili » 23 Jun 2016, 18:49

From what i have read in Regio Esercito aircraft artillery Regiments are mostly "mother/depot" units, they are not operational units in tactical sense, they create groups, provided training and logistics, of the five regiments i know only of 2nd that said went Africa, but it never controlled any unit in combat as far as i have read, the groups were all operated by Corps, divisions, and anti aircraft raggrupamenti when several are in same area.

About the I:
"allo scoppio della seconda guerra mondiale, viene mobilitato su tre gruppi che si schierano, inizialmente, nelle zone di SUSA, PINEROLO, e RIVOLI TORINESE. In seguito, con la costituzione di ulteriori gruppi, si disloca a VERCELLI e viene impiegato, a seconda delle necessità, a difesa di punti e zone sensibili anche in territorio francese occupato"

Check a topic i made while ago:
http://www.comandosupremo.com/forums/to ... june-1940/

Note that in that post it says the depot was in Vercelli since 1936, so maybe unit operated as a sort of Raggrupamento contraereo at time of invasion of France and then returned to Vercelli.

LColombo
Banned

Re: 1st Anti-Aircraft Artilery Regiment

Post by LColombo » 26 Jun 2016, 20:52

Thank you.

Return to “Italy under Fascism 1922-1945”