1945 Lost German girl

Discussions on the role played by and situation of women in the Third Reich not covered in the other sections. Hosted by Vikki.
Mauser K98k

Re: 1945 Lost German girl

Post by Mauser K98k » 16 Oct 2014, 22:41

Whether or not Haglund wrote the descriptions, that she was SS was obviously what was understood at that time, and is therefore more likely to be true than us reaching back 70 years and trying to reinvent the circumstances.

LGG could have been an ardent Nazi. There were plenty of women who were. I think because she is pretty and a sympathetic figure in this film and on this forum we tend to want to cast her as an innocent victim and in the most favorable light.

DD66

Post by DD66 » 17 Oct 2014, 20:36

I'm willing to accept that we can be at least 99% certain of the location and date of th LGG film.

However, I have seen absolutely no concrete evidence of her name, age, nationality, situation, or any other details about her.

I don't have any romantic notions about her. To me, she looks like a hard faced individual, and I wouldn't be at all surprised to discover that she was SS.
But, I would prefer to rely on solid facts than guesswork, if anyone has evidence please share it.

Please resist the temptation to put your own 'intuition' across as facts.

Mauser K98k

Post by Mauser K98k » 17 Oct 2014, 23:03

DD66 wrote: However, I have seen absolutely no concrete evidence of her name, age, nationality, situation, or any other details about her.
And you probably never will.

Sorry, more of my "intuition".

BTW, if you've read through the 98 pages covering 6 years of this topic, you'll see that it is all mostly "intuition",
since "solid facts" are scarce. If all we can post about LGG are "solid facts", this thread would be about 2 pages long.

mars0367

Post by mars0367 » 02 Nov 2014, 01:22

I have noticed that the Lost German Girl clip of when she was walking towards Haglund had appeared (usually out of context) in a number of videos about World War Two.

We have also seen where she was chatting to others sitting by the side of the road. I would think that those others would have remembered her, but, as far as I know, not one of them has come forward with any more information. Or maybe they just didn't know there was a special interest in her.

The others in that clip are likely dead now, but if even one of them can be identified, some more information might be forthcoming that would lay this matter to rest.

Furthermore. Haglund was not on his own, he was part of a camera crew. The names of the others in his crew have never been sought, but they must be available somewhere, and again, possibly more information is can be found down that track.

All unlikely - yes.

Marginally, maybe very marginally, possible - also yes.
By and large, language is a tool for concealing the truth. - George Carlin RIP
So is the above statement true or not - Mars
Truth will out - Shakespeare

John S

Post by John S » 15 Dec 2014, 01:12

Well hello. I've just joined after spending a couple of spare Sunday hours looking at all this. I tell you, I can really do without another internet obsession. I've been trying to retrace my dad's ww2 footsteps on Google maps etc and now I find this.

I had a look around street view in the areas mentioned.. I read lots of the pages, but was the exact location ever certified? A couple of suggestions I saw certainly didn't look correct.

You know, a Facebook page and profile could probably be set up to try and trace the girl - targeting likely areas she came from and certain FB groups... but then I worry that the girl/her family would not want it public for fear of something murky.

What I find most inrteresting though mainly, is finding the exact location - it cant be that hard...

Will be keeping an eye on this...

john

DD66

Post by DD66 » 15 Dec 2014, 02:39

Hi John,

I thought the location to the east of Ejpovice identified by flhflh and tomyst (and others) in June 2013 looked pretty convincing.

In October 2009 kerlena and garywdyls suggested a location that looked promising, to the west of Ejpovice, but I thought the later location to the east looked slightly better.

I doubt if we can ever be 100% certain of the exact location.

I've covered all the area around Plzen, Kysice, Letkov, Ejpovice, Klabava, and Rokycany on google maps and can't find a better location.

The 1947 map is very useful, as are the wartime aerial photos.

Also, the events in the document translated by raven on page 93 seem to tie in quite well with the Haglund films around the same time.

Doesn't get us any closer to identifying LLG but still interesting.

pomona1859

Post by pomona1859 » 19 Dec 2014, 01:12

I seen a clip of this girl on the world at war, and lots of youtube clips of her,she certainly catches your attention, the way she walks, her hair style, she is very attractive and modern looking. I was searching through some clips of her,and found one with a comment on it, the guy said a friend of his who is from the Czech republic said that her picture and story appeared in a Czech newspaper,and she is from somewhere near the Polish border.

Mikaela

Post by Mikaela » 20 Dec 2014, 23:06

Dear forum, I will have an exhibition about LGG and the searching for her identity in Germany / Dresden. The project should be exhibited in february 2015 so I would like as soon as possible go to National archive and other institutions in Prague or Rokycany if I will find something. I would like to ask you if you can write me what should I look for ( I mean it in the way, what can I do for you….) to give it directly here into the forum and help. And also if anyone would like to participate on this project as a communicator to the audience or if I should make something by your leading I will be glad. Because there will be strong PR support for the show with the catalogue. So there is a chance to make some call to the public if anyone knows something about her and bring the information directly to the exhibition. So if anyone is interested, anyone has some ideas what will be helpful for the searching write me and I will try to coordinate it with my project. Because I RESPECT all of your work you have done until now. Thank you for all notes…you can write me on the email [email protected]

ignacioosacar

Post by ignacioosacar » 21 Dec 2014, 19:40

Dear Mikaela and Forum,

A very interesting project. Could you give us more information about it ? It will really initiate the non-electronic-live side of this reaearch.

Cheers!

Mikaela

Post by Mikaela » 03 Jan 2015, 17:43

Dear Ignacio and forum,
My project has a name “line of identity” and it is based on the investigation system from the detective movies. Iam collecting all the informations about the LGG from the internet and the archives. All these informations are after categorized into the files like: place of the shooting, cameraman and his crew, clothes of LGG,chronicle from the Ejpovice etc. After this, Iam my own visual interpretation of the LGG according to the facts. The visitor of the gallery doesn’t have from me any final resolution. And I don’t do any glorification of her or any judgement who was bad or good. For me is important to make critical reflection of this dark past of my country and also to make a view on the presence.How are people looking at this phenomenon - LGG. Iam giving the questions to the viewer. What is his resolution.Well…. the end of the project will be LGG's real identity. I thought that it would be more interesting for the viewer if I will work also with all of you - real people who are interested in the same topic and had spent a lot of time for the searching.Maybe I can be just the communicator between the public and you…maybe people can be interactive with us and bring some of their searches into the gallery..I don't know if this sounds crazy for you or not. My english is not very good and Iam trying very hardly to explain it….the gallerist send me this web site where the project will be published, but I don't speak german so for me it is hard to translate everything
http://www.forum13-februar.de

The opening will be on the 7.2. 2015 in Blaue Fabrik so I still have a time to make some part of your collaboration..so what do you think??
Bye Mikaela

stello

Post by stello » 03 Jan 2015, 21:30

Dear Mikaela,
I've found your project very interesting. Tell me if and how can I help you: materials, pictures, etc.
This could be a great occasion to solve and reveal LGG's identity.
Cheers all and happy New Year,
Stefano

Mikaela

Post by Mikaela » 05 Jan 2015, 13:35

Dear forum Stefano, Ignacio

if anyone would like to help I need all of your uploaded pictures in higher resolution for the printing in bigger size - like A4. The wall in the gallery is 16m long. I have already prepared the conversation from this forum and it is on the format 6x1m, so you can imagine that these 98pages are really huge "stuff".I will try to drive to Ejpovice to make a pictures from the road, but I will see how the weather will be. Iam following another forums with this topic but nobody has been so far as all of you. The catalogue will be in 20 000 examples so If they will write about this project I can send it to you.
If you have something to send do it on this email [email protected]

stello

Post by stello » 05 Jan 2015, 19:03

Dear Mikaela,

my email sent to [email protected] was rejected by the server...

Mikaela

Post by Mikaela » 05 Jan 2015, 22:04

Dear Stello,

Iam sorry it was my mistake it is with double t ….[email protected]

burghwear

Post by burghwear » 10 Jan 2015, 06:42

Considering the lunacy of war. Based on what German women endured as the Red Army advanced on Berlin. We can assume that it is possible that this young woman was raped.
After several viewings and observations. You can clearly see the stress disorder In her eye's. She seems to be quite captivated by the amount of attention she is receiving by whomever is filming her. And on the other hand the man who is filming her may just be as infatuated by her also. I get the sense of electricity between the two. If you observe her reactions. You will see, just as she hides her face. Her lips purse as if she may start to smile. We can only hope that whomever filmed her. Took a liking to her and claimed her as his own. Every disasterous story deserves and happy ending.

John....

Return to “Women in the Reich”